I'm trying to wrap my head around how a visual novel on DVD could even be feasible. I think it just goes to show how much kupomogli has no clue what they really are. Visual novels aren't like Dragon's Lair or Sega CD FMV games. What you're seeing isn't a video. The UI, the character sprites, the backgrounds, etc. are all separate, independently functioning elements. When I play a visual novel, not only am I pressing a button to advance every window of text, but I'm selecting options, fiddling around with menus, checking the backlog to review previous text and/or relisten to spoken lines, etc. The idea of trying to make that work with a DVD and all the loading involved just makes me cringe.

Anyway, for a complete change of subject, I'm surprised that Lost Sea is still in stock even now. If you had asked me, I would've expected it to sell out before Xeodrifter, considering it's only on one platform and, if you combine the platform variants, Xeodrifter had more copies total. If I'm not mistaken, it's also a brand new game, not one that's been available digitally for a long time. Well, I'm not complaining. I'm glad people can buy Lost Sea at their relative leisure.