Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Insert Coin (Level 0) LimitedRunGames's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Does it have to be indies also? Sony had to step in and fund Yakuza 5 for it to get localized over here, but even then it's digital only. Would getting a physical release of this be a possibility?
    We want to do non-indie games too. If you only knew how bad we want to publish Yakuza 5.... It's one of our favorite game series.

This Thursday at 11:30 am est! Who is excited?!

Getting to this point has been amazing for us, mainly due to all the support everyone has given us. We really appreciate everything you've done for us. We promise to make this launch go smoothly. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask us!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Our site is now live! http://www.limitedrungames.com

Breach & Clear is not able to be bought yet - it goes live at 11:30AM EST on the 29th!

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Thanks for the updates! I don't imagine Breach & Clear will sell out super fast (heck, even the mere 300 copies of Elminage Original were available for about a day), but I think I'll register in advance just to make things easier for me.

Oh man, I just looked up more info on Saturday Morning RPG and found out that Vince DiCola did the soundtrack. I think that alone is gonna sell me on it, and I don't even have a PS4 yet, haha.

Edit: Haha, I just noticed that print run for Saturday Morning RPG, that's cute. I assume it's 1980 and not an even 2000 because the game is inspired by 80s cartoons?
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 10-26-2015 at 05:53 PM.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Looks like the rumors were right and Cosmic Star Heroine will indeed get a physical print run, for both Vita and PS4: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1395384

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Looks like the rumors were right and Cosmic Star Heroine will indeed get a physical print run, for both Vita and PS4: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1395384
    Thanks for posting that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Hey LimitedRunGames, I have a couple questions.

1. When will Saturday Morning RPG be available for sale?

2. You guys will ship to Canada right? this isn't a US only thing?

3. Do you have any other games on the near horizon?

4. Will you add PS3 games...? There are literally several hundred PS3 digital-only games that I would LOVE to buy through your service!

5. On your twitter page I saw physicals of htoL#NiQ, Class of Heroes 2G, and Retro City Rampage. Will you be releasing any of these? I want them all but I missed the very limited window where they were for sale. It would be awesome if I could get them through LimitedRunGames.

6. I know it would be naive for you guys to take requests, but nevertheless I just want to list the games that I would be the most interested to buy phyiscally through your service should any of these be possible.

Vita:

Sayonara Umihara Kawase + [Vita] by Agatsuma Entertainment
    Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable [Vita] by D3 Publisher
    Nihilumbra [Vita] by BeautiFun Games

PS4:

Mercenary Kings [PS4] by Tribute Games
    Dust: An Elysian Tail [PS4] by Humble Hearts
    FEZ [PS3, PS4] by Polytron Corporation
    Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition [PS4] by Drinkbox Studios
    JamesTown+ [PS4] by Final Form LLC
    Limbo [PS4] by Playdead ApS
    Pier Solar and the Great Architects [PS4] by Watermelon
    Shantae Risky's Revenge Director's Cut [PS4] by Wayforward
    Skullgirls 2nd Encore [PS4] by Reverge Labs
    Spelunky [PS4, Vita] by Mossmouth LLC
    SteamWorld Dig [PS4, Vita] by Image & Form
    Ziggurat [PS4] Milkstone Studios SL

PS3:

Scott Pilgrim vs the world: The game [PS3] by Ubisoft
    Bionic Commando Rearmed [PS3] by Grin
    Beyond Good & Evil HD [PS3] by Ubisoft
    BloodRayne Betrayal [PS3] by Wayforward
    Resident Evil 4 [PS3] by Capcom
    Double Dragon Neon [PS3] by Wayforward
    R-Type Dimensions [PS3] by Tozai Games
    Capcom Arcade Cabinet [PS3] by Capcom
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    Hey LimitedRunGames, I have a couple questions.

4. Will you add PS3 games...? There are literally several hundred PS3 digital-only games that I would LOVE to buy through your service!

5. On your twitter page I saw physicals of htoL#NiQ, Class of Heroes 2G, and Retro City Rampage. Will you be releasing any of these? I want them all but I missed the very limited window where they were for sale. It would be awesome if I could get them through LimitedRunGames.

6. I know it would be naive for you guys to take requests, but nevertheless I just want to list the games that I would be the most interested to buy phyiscally through your service should any of these be possible.

Vita:

Sayonara Umihara Kawase + [Vita] by Agatsuma Entertainment
    Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable [Vita] by D3 Publisher
    Nihilumbra [Vita] by BeautiFun Games

PS4:

Mercenary Kings [PS4] by Tribute Games
    Dust: An Elysian Tail [PS4] by Humble Hearts
    FEZ [PS3, PS4] by Polytron Corporation
    Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition [PS4] by Drinkbox Studios
    JamesTown+ [PS4] by Final Form LLC
    Limbo [PS4] by Playdead ApS
    Pier Solar and the Great Architects [PS4] by Watermelon
    Shantae Risky's Revenge Director's Cut [PS4] by Wayforward
    Skullgirls 2nd Encore [PS4] by Reverge Labs
    Spelunky [PS4, Vita] by Mossmouth LLC
    SteamWorld Dig [PS4, Vita] by Image & Form
    Ziggurat [PS4] Milkstone Studios SL

PS3:

Scott Pilgrim vs the world: The game [PS3] by Ubisoft
    Bionic Commando Rearmed [PS3] by Grin
    Beyond Good & Evil HD [PS3] by Ubisoft
    BloodRayne Betrayal [PS3] by Wayforward
    Resident Evil 4 [PS3] by Capcom
    Double Dragon Neon [PS3] by Wayforward
    R-Type Dimensions [PS3] by Tozai Games
    Capcom Arcade Cabinet [PS3] by Capcom

You can pre-order it November 26th and it should be available January.

We will be shipping internationally.

We do have other games, but that is a secret for now!

We may in the future. We aren't doing PS3 right now because the way the game behaves on a PS3 disc is different then a PS4 disc. The PS4 disc will just install the game and run from the hard drive. The PS3 disc will stream the game from the disc. It's not as easy to take a digitally released title and put it on a PS3 disc because it may behave wildly differently.

We won't be doing any re-releases at this time unfortunately.

As for number 6, we do take requests! I can't promise anything, but a lot of people asked for Cosmic Star Heroine and we were able to deliver!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Too bad that a relationship with Nintendo is likely impossible. I'd love to see the following over there...

-Fatal Frame 2 (English translation was done in Europe for this Wii release, but passed over here)
    -Disaster: Day of Crisis (A European Wii release many were curious about back then)
    -Fatal Frame 5 (Mixed reviews for this Wii U title, but it's still a solid game and it's only averaging on Metacritic about 10 percentage points less than the series typically enjoyed in the past)

I'd mention Fatal Frame 4 or the New Play Control port of Chibi Robo, but that really would be dreaming since I can't see Nintendo ever licensing out an in-house franchise like Chibi Robo to an outsider. And the translation expense for Fatal Frame 4, unless a deal could be struck with the fan group that unofficially translated it, would be budget breaking for you guys. Licensed 3rd party content though like Life of Pixel might stand a chance.

I'd make a list for other platforms, but there are too many worthwhile digital exclusives or imports to list. So I'll just settle for replacing the previously mentioned 'Resident Evil 4 HD', which was more like 'Resident Evil 4: Upscaled' since it doesn't even render its untouched assets into HD (Let alone have redone HD textures like most remasters have), with the excellent and properly remastered Okami HD from the same publisher.

It's more deserving of retail attention I think. And the collectors would snap this one right up if a deal with Capcom could be made, unlike the well known mediocrity that was Resident Evil 4 HD. And it's likely a much easier proposition since Capcom still views Resident Evil as a flagship franchise and I suspect will be revisiting RE4 themselves later this generation if the following remasters continue to succeed. Okami on the other hand shows little evidence of continuing anytime soon.

And focus on the PS4 for your next-gen projects like you're already doing. Not only is Microsoft hard to work with for a small publisher like yourselves, but the XB1 is also much less offline friendly.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 10-28-2015 at 06:05 PM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I just saw the Cosmic Star Heroine announcement. I'm going to preorder the PS4 version for sure, may or may not preorder the Vita version also. Could you post here and let us know what time it'll be available for preorder whenever you're allowed? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 10-27-2015 at 09:28 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    Too bad that a relationship with Nintendo is likely impossible. I'd love to see the following over there...

-Fatal Frame 2 (English translation was done in Europe for this Wii release, but passed over here)
    -Disaster: Day of Crisis (A European Wii release many were curious about back then)
    -Fatal Frame 5 (Mixed reviews for this Wii U title, but it's still a solid game and it's only averaging on Metacritic about 10 percentage points less than the series typically enjoyed in the past)

Oh I TOTALLY second all of these, especially Fatal Frame 5. Goddamnit. I would very very gladly buy a physical version of the North American NTSC release. Please please please try and get in touch with Tecmo and find out if it's even remotely possible for this to happen.

The WiiU doesn't have a very large storage capacity, yet the download version is a whopping 16GB. For this reason alone a physical release is the better option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

I also second wanting info on Cosmic Star Heroine. I think I'll want to buy both the Vita and PS4 versions.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

If anybody here wants a copy of Breach & Clear, I wouldn't drag your feet about it. It's been up for sale less than 20 minutes, and it seems like they've already sold through about 60% of the stock.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Welp, that's it, and that's all! Didn't even last two hours. I'm surprised they sold out so fast, especially considering this is a game that's been available for play for years and hasn't gotten great reviews, whereas a publisher like Gaijinworks struggles to sell a couple thousand copies of games that have good reputations, have never been available in English in before, and come with extra goodies. I guess this just shows that Limited Run Games knows what they're doing in terms of marketing. I hope everybody who wanted a copy managed to snag one! I hear there is a tiny bit of stock set aside for time zones that are in the dead of night right now, so I guess some folks may still be able to land a copy.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I wasn't really interested in this game, but I am interested in the next release. I hope our friend from Limited Run Games can give us a heads up on when that will be available for sale like he did with this release. I really hope these guys succeed in their venture. I'll buy physical releases all day as opposed to digital....even if I already own a digital copy.

I played the CRAP out of Rouge Legacy, and would absolutely get a physical copy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Saturday Morning RPG will be on sale November 26th, but will be released in January.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Welp, that's it, and that's all! Didn't even last two hours. I'm surprised they sold out so fast, especially considering this is a game that's been available for play for years and hasn't gotten great reviews, whereas a publisher like Gaijinworks struggles to sell a couple thousand copies of games that have good reputations, have never been available in English in before, and come with extra goodies. I guess this just shows that Limited Run Games knows what they're doing in terms of marketing. I hope everybody who wanted a copy managed to snag one! I hear there is a tiny bit of stock set aside for time zones that are in the dead of night right now, so I guess some folks may still be able to land a copy.
    Sadly I think the fact that Limited Run is setting a definitive number of copies is what's pushing people to buy. Gaijinworks games are extremely limited as well, but the print run's pretty much equal to the number of people that purchase it.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The only games I can remember Gaijinworks making a big announcement was the Class of Heroes games and Summon Night 5. One is an RPG genre that's gotten bloated and not many people are popular of, the other is a long running series that's never been relevant in the US, even when we've received some of its mediocre games. This new Summon Night looks like a TRPG instead of an action game but doesn't look any less mediocre. These games are also PSP games, and that in itself is a barrier of entry for some. Some people don't go back to the previous gen.

If Vic wanted to bring out something niche but good that most people don't know of to the west, games that have that past Working Designs feel. Why not something like Soma Bringer? It's also a past gen game, but two things. The gameplay speaks for itself, and all Nintendo fanboys are fapping over Nintendo owning Monolith Soft. The fact that it's made by Monolith Soft and throwing "created by the developers of Xenoblade Chronicles" would net a few thousand sales easily with how popular they've become to the hardcore Nintendo fanbase right now as well as the resellers who will buy and hoard a few copies for that same reason. He's really went for some bottom of the barrel trash than what people would be actually interested in.

Why I think Breach and Clear sold well was that people who own the Vita are desperate for retail games and this gameplay atleast does look unique in how it's played, regardless of its quality. That and there's a clear limited amount. I almost exclusively purchase at retail and I've purchased Vita games I've had even the slightest interest in just because how few games there are for the system. Because Breach and Clear wasn't on console and exclusive to Vita and did look unique in its gameplay, I decided just last night that I'd pick it up. Well. When I got off work it was gone, which is no big deal, but that's how badly the Vita needs games, to kind of sway my opinion on that.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    Sadly I think the fact that Limited Run is setting a definitive number of copies is what's pushing people to buy. Gaijinworks games are extremely limited as well, but the print run's pretty much equal to the number of people that purchase it.
    In part I'm sure that's the case, but I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I also have preordered the Gaijinworks games, but it seems to take forever between running the interest survey and then running the preorder campaign and then finally having the games manufactured and delivered. I prefer the quicker delivery and greater certainty that comes with knowing when something will be put on sale and how many will be produced with the Limited Run Games model.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yeah, I'm honestly amazed that copies of Breach & Clear are already shipping. I figured they wouldn't even manufacture them until after sales were complete. Though maybe this manufacturing in advance is a one-time thing, since Saturday Morning RPG will have a delay between sales and shipment. Either way, waiting a month or two is nothing like the molasses-like process of Gaijinworks.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    In part I'm sure that's the case, but I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I also have preordered the Gaijinworks games, but it seems to take forever between running the interest survey and then running the preorder campaign and then finally having the games manufactured and delivered. I prefer the quicker delivery and greater certainty that comes with knowing when something will be put on sale and how many will be produced with the Limited Run Games model.
    When I said sadly, I just meant that Gainjin Works puts out good games that should see more attention. Not that Limited Run or Gaijin Works are doing anything I disapprove of.

But yeah I agree, Gainjin Works also kills some of the hype by dragging the process out. Give people too much time to contemplate a purchase and they'll talk themselves out of buying at all.