Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1249

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS3ja5JnkAQ

New video about the shady dealings of LRG, as well as their questionable practices. I know there will always be a apologist for the company, but overall, some very informative stuff was mentioned.
    Interesting video, I wasn't aware of the shadiness of the involvement with Metal Jesus Rocks. Didn't know about that weird situation where an employee of LRG published his own poorly reviewed game through LRG, yet LRG later claimed they weren't the ones publishing it and aren't responsible for what their employees are doing on their own, yet the release says LRG right on it and was sold directly through LRG including in it's pop-up store, and the same game on other platforms are openly sold/published by LRG. Most of the other practices I pretty much new about already.

You're probably right about the apologists defending them. Rereading this thread by 4-5 years is pretty funny how some users defend shady business practices like aiming at collectors' OCD tendencies with excessive variants and FOMO stating that as they're just a business it's completely fine. It's like defending how modern games introduced loot boxes which are just predatory attempts at circumventing gambling laws, aimed at "whales" with gambling addictions. It's all business, so anything to make a profit is fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I haven't order anything from lrg this past summer.I was getting sick of the upkeep from last year every time i thought i bought what i wanted another game would popup.After spending,more then i should have from them last year i just decided to take a break from buying through lrg.I've notice lately such that lrg releases are not the be the all end of it being limited.Heck streets of rage four is getting released again at retail with the anniversary edition and blaster master zero 1,2,3 as a set for japanese and asain markets.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i think i am done with them all together.

the lead time keeps getting longer and longer, the support isnt great and i am seeing more and more of these games in the retail space instead of just being available through their site.

that last part is what gets me the most. early on it was implied that these games are only available through us here or occasionally a convention. that implication is still in place and i think its kinda shitty they haven't communicated it on a broader lever to the world that some of these games you can go down and pick up at X Store or X partner web site. They are even numbered releases, i can go down and get Scott Pilgrim for PS4 at bestbuy right now, its just sitting there, probably for less than what i paid. The one that pisses me off the most was the preorder for Metal Wolf Chaos XD for PS4, i pre ordered it the hour it was available to. It took forever to come out, so long in fact that a version of the game came out at GAMESTOP before i ever got the pre order from LRG.

my most recent game Roombo First Blood didnt take so long but long enough to have forgotten about it until i get an email thats is about to ship. The email said to update your shipping addresses before a certain time. Normally not a problem, great i can do that... except that time was 4 hours after the time i got the email and i was driving long distance and couldnt just stop and update my shipping address. i feel its a notification that should've been about 48 hours before the deadline to update the address.

In the end i feel they prey on the fact they gained this rep of exclusive games only available through their means but in the end, at least lately it might have not always been this way, most of them will end up in stores any way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    i think i am done with them all together.

the lead time keeps getting longer and longer, the support isnt great and i am seeing more and more of these games in the retail space instead of just being available through their site.

that last part is what gets me the most. early on it was implied that these games are only available through us here or occasionally a convention. that implication is still in place and i think its kinda shitty they haven't communicated it on a broader lever to the world that some of these games you can go down and pick up at X Store or X partner web site. They are even numbered releases, i can go down and get Scott Pilgrim for PS4 at bestbuy right now, its just sitting there, probably for less than what i paid. The one that pisses me off the most was the preorder for Metal Wolf Chaos XD for PS4, i pre ordered it the hour it was available to. It took forever to come out, so long in fact that a version of the game came out at GAMESTOP before i ever got the pre order from LRG.

my most recent game Roombo First Blood didnt take so long but long enough to have forgotten about it until i get an email thats is about to ship. The email said to update your shipping addresses before a certain time. Normally not a problem, great i can do that... except that time was 4 hours after the time i got the email and i was driving long distance and couldnt just stop and update my shipping address. i feel its a notification that should've been about 48 hours before the deadline to update the address.

In the end i feel they prey on the fact they gained this rep of exclusive games only available through their means but in the end, at least lately it might have not always been this way, most of them will end up in stores any way.
    I only preorder from them last year in the fall for a few games and that was it.I was looking at what they were selling last month and this one and i mostly passed such as the vails collection" if i want a physical copy,i can all ways import the japanese one.Then as of last week i went by cartridges galore for some famicom games i was trading in and they still had copies of "blaster master zero 3" so i bought it to complete the trilogy.Still i'm not gonna go all out with there releases anymore there just to many as of late.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 03-10-2022 at 06:10 AM.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

To be fair, Metal Wolf Chaos XD was from Special Reserve Games, not LRG. The pandemic has effected everyone's shipping times, even big outfits like Amazon. So I'm willing to cut people some slack there. I bought Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy and Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast separately from LRG and I see both titles are on a compilation disc at Amazon for half the price I paid. I think the same thing happened with Star Wars Racer Revenge and Star Wars: Republic Commando too. That smarts!
    What I won't do anymore is invest in crowd funding games, only to see the damn things get a retail release. I'm all for retail releases, but I'll be damned if I'm going to risk my cash for everyone else's benefit. Sounds selfish. It is!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

oh yea i forgot about them, but the fact still remains about them ending up in retail

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I remember missing the reserve for Darius Burst Chronicles for the PS4. People were already selling the Collector’s Edition for @$150 on eBay. I found the official Japanese release of that same set for $100 and bought that instead.

I’ve only reserved a few games from them, with the latest being the Castlevania Collection featuring Symphony of the Night and Rhondo of Blood. Most of what they are putting out is just shitty Small Dev games with no track record.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

its interesting what resellers are doing for some of these. you can really tell they generated the hype and the scalpers scoop them up but when they get them to resell they are kinda stuck.
    i got curse of the moon 2 classic what ever edition new for switch recently at a swap meet and the guy had $70 on it, i was looking to trade and i think in the end i got the game for the equivalent of about $40 or $50 in what ever the games i traded were.
    and the thing is, not many of them are limited at all.

edit:
    so this is strange...

i went to look up the cost of that game i got at the swap when it was being sold at LRG and noticed these:

https://limitedrungames.com/products...ve-cover-sheet

kinda seems a bit sketch in a way, cheap way to get good empty game cases for loose switch games though

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    i went to look up the cost of that game i got at the swap when it was being sold at LRG and noticed these:

kinda seems a bit sketch in a way, cheap way to get good empty game cases for loose switch games though
    So I guess they forgot what the word "exclusive" means.

You know what, I half expect them to just make limited editions of games, and then reprint them with a second "limited" print run. Like you need to hurry as there's only 500 copies available, and when they're sold out, then they'll make a second 500 copies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I’m almost tempted to pick those up from Amazon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

yea i was thinking the same thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

LRG just had a showcase recently the most i'm interested in is rcg2,tmnt shredders revenge and two cave shoot'em ups.

That's if i order thing else from lrg this summer i may try to keep it down two preorders and that's it since i don't wanna over spend from lrg again.Funny enough just yesterday a local brick&motor i frequent for buying,selling and trading video games.They had one copy left for double dragon neon for switch from lrg so i bought it combine with a trade in for paying less to buy it.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 06-07-2022 at 02:56 AM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    So I guess they forgot what the word "exclusive" means.

You know what, I half expect them to just make limited editions of games, and then reprint them with a second "limited" print run. Like you need to hurry as there's only 500 copies available, and when they're sold out, then they'll make a second 500 copies.
    They kind of already do that when they rerelease games at Best Buy. You have no idea which games are being released at Best Buy. Granted it "might" be a single printing, but what I'm pretty sure happens is based on the popularity of the title they print more and ship those to Best Buy. Who knows how much inside knowledge they have about available Best Buy stock to reprint copies, no one knows that they're being reprinted if they are. Some games have been at Best Buy for over a year.

Do you really expect me to believe that Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 2 is still in stock at Best Buy online because all copies haven't yet sold? Especially when it's been there for over a year, not to mention atleast a dozen other LRG games? Not only that, it's BOTH the Switch AND PS4 versions. I can't exactly guarantee, but I don't think it's a coincidence that these games have remained in stock. With as scummy as LRG has become within their second year of existence, but especially now.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i stumbled across this video a little while ago and thought about sharing it or not
    sorry if its been posted before but i wasnt going to sift through this whole thread looking if it was or not.

it follows kinda the same thing i think about them, with the added failed scalper attempts in the current time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Well i don't know why a investment group would buy lrg but here it is they are now owned by the embracer group.
    https://www.gematsu.com/2022/08/embr...nd-tuxedo-labs

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The Embracer Group is THQ Nordic and Koch Media, also known as Deep Silver. Basically the worst publishers in the industry who unfortunately have bought up the rights to many of the best AA development studios. They're the best, worst company in gaming because there's so much talent but owned and ran by some of the scummiest management in the industry.

As great as the games are, Battle Chasers Nightwar(hidden gem, amazing RPG,) Titan Quest, This is the Police, the Darksiders remasters and the new Darksiders games, the games are riddled with bugs, glitches, massive frame drops, crashes, etc, and yes, even This is the Police which is almost entirely 2D.

As often as LRG released games that weren't full patched(all the freaking time) or often times started to release the games for a day one preorder which we know won't have all the patches even when we get it eight months from now, or just how bs the prices have got. LRG usually charges an extra $20 per release instead of their initial statement of "we'll never charge more than $10 beyond the digital price" and don't feed me that line because Switch price parity because Switch carts don't cost that much, or what about back then when they were only $15 extra, or how about when the games are only getting a PS4 version, what's the excuse then? The Switch carts being more expensive is an excuse because they've kept on raising the price beyond the extra $5 they said was only due to price parity with Switch. There's almost nothing released now that isn't $20 extra.

But is one of the worst publishers in gaming going to make LRG worse, or are they going to let them run things as they already are since you can't possibly be more douchier than LRG already is to their fanbase without having people no longer interested at all and just quit buying from you period.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kupomogli For This Useful Post:

The S (08-20-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The Embracer Group just bought up the rights to Lord Of The Rings and all Tolkein's works. So expect them to be whored out in a million ways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

sounds like they are the new EA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I keep forgetting who the eff Embracer Group is, I never hear about them until they buy up someone new, then I have to go Google them to remember "oh yeah, right."
    Looking for:
    Chūka Taisen (Cloud Master) manuals
    Monon Color + games