Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I actually liked the first Pixel Junk Monsters, but for $39.99? No way. It's not that good, I'll just stick to the first one on my PSP. Also, the deluxe edition is being sold on PSN and will get all DLC as well for only $21.99 yet the LRG version is $18 more? Seriously? It's a bit ridiculous how much LRG out prices just about every other indie publisher on the market and hasn't had backlash because of the rarity.

"IIt's rare, you can buy the game digitally if you want to play it, physical releases are a luxury." This is all true. Not going to argue with it. But you don't see other publishers being scummy about their pricing. I don't even have to list any other publishers because other publishers are far more competitive with their pricing, far more fair to the fanbase that purchases their games. That, and I've listed many games that were cheaper many times over, publishers that have been paying for the ratings board listings since day one. These publishers didn't cry about having to now pay more licensing fees so they're going to jack up the pricing of all their games in the near future. Most of these publishers price the games the exact same price that they sell for digitally, not $10, $15, sometimes even $25 more as there are digital games that they've released $5 or less but their minimum of $25 rule still had them out price most other indie publishers.

"But LRG isn't as big as those publishers. The risk! THE RISK!!!!!!!!" I've heard it said here often. What risk? LRG knows the games will sell in 30 seconds or less. If they don't, then a week, but the games will sell out regardless. Any risk of not completely selling out is compensated for the amount the game is overpriced and the amount they're actually making off the top. Some of this goes to the devs, some goes to Sony, but they sell it from their own store front, they're the publisher and the retailer so make both profits that would normally be split.

Hell, Kemco is releasing a collection of four of their RPGs in Japan for less than the cost of the LRG releases of the same titles. These are some of the games that LRG has already released and as a collection, Kemco is pricing them less than LRG single releases. After seeing this, I'm betting the licensing for the really cheap games is in LRG favor, so there's no reason their pricing should be so high.

Also, the ESRB rating fee is what, $3000? But they're going to increase the price of each game by $5 when they do it in the near future? What about those games that have more than 3000 copies sold, which is just about everything. So we're not just paying the ESRB fee, we're paying an additional $4 on top of that. LRG uses the ESRB fee as an excuse, but it's an easy way to screw us out of even more money while the people blind to their greed keep throwing money at the computer screen like there's no tomorrow.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 05-15-2018 at 10:23 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Overpriced as shit and 99% of their games never have the latest updates.

Axiom Verge? Latest update. Velocity 2X? Latest update and all DLC on disc. Senko no Ronde 2? Version 1.00 with a update download of 1.05. Additionally, we not only not get the Sega DLC, which is obvious, but even the developers own Assault Suits Valken DLC isn't included, but hey, still gotta add that $15 more dollars! You know, because of "risk."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Anyone get their games today? I totally passed on all of them. I want to concentrate on Cosmic Star Heroine CE for Vita.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah nothing for me today either. Next week I'll defintely get Cosmic Star and Antiquia for Vita though. Just the standard version of CSH - I feel all their LE's are overpriced cash grabs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

After June 13th, LRG is going to slow down releases. Atleast until they pick it up again starting the following month, or a mere two weeks later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    After June 13th, LRG is going to slow down releases. Atleast until they pick it up again starting the following month, or a mere two weeks later.
    I think their idea of slowing down is that, instead of offering ten games weekly, they will offer only 9.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Best way to get a slowdown with LRG is to just cut back on what you choose to buy. I'm quite content skipping everything but Vita. Though they seem to be dropping hints at possibly releasing 8-bit Adventure Anthology, and I may grab that for PS4 if they do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Does anyone know if there were any rumors or confirmation of 20XX getting a LRG or any retail release for that matter?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Cosmic Star Heroine is a preorder? It's not going to be super rare and sell out in two seconds? Preorder canceled!! J/k. Very smart move for keeping an open preorder, everyone has been interested in this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Except for the CE edition. And since they put two per customer, it's gonna be a bloodbath.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I considered the collector's edition just now after looking what it offered and looking at the price. But honestly. $35 for all the stuff would be good if I opened it, thing is, if I get the collector's edition I'm never going to open it so all I'll see is the box. It's no different than the standard box with the game in it at that point, except it costs more, it can get damaged easily, the space it takes up, etc.

Viewing the contents though, I do think that this is a worthwhile collector's edition for those who are interested. The price seems to atleast match what's included. Infact, I think what's included if purchased regularly would exceed the price of this collection. Hopefully those of you going for it get one. I've got another 35 minutes to contemplate whether or not I'll go for it.

*edit*

So I wasn't even considering the collector's edition at all. After looking it up and making the comment here about how it looks like a good collector's edition and that the price is good for what you get, I at that moment actually made myself interested in it.

I ended up thinking about it and determined that I'm keeping a sealed copy for the PS4 either way, and why even buy two Vita copies when I'm never going to open either of them. I figured I'd get one standard PS4 copy, one collector's edition, and one Vita copy. Honestly. I shouldn't have even bought the standard copy and just got two PS4 collector's editions, one to open, the other one to keep sealed. I think I'll consider buying a second one during the other batch and then seeing if they can remove my standard copy and merge the two orders. I'll be working though so might not even get the chance to depending on what's going on.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 05-25-2018 at 09:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I only got the CE edition of CSH and Antiquita, both for Vita.

I will now start selling my old LRG releases, particularly those i am not interested much in. Add in a Wonderboy CE and Night Trap CE in there as well.

Wanna start slimming down and concentrating on life more than games, if that makes any sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Wanna start slimming down and concentrating on life more than games, if that makes any sense.
    Same here, I'm basically going to sell off my collection. I really don't play games that much anymore and plan on only keeping maybe 10-20 games and get rid of the rest.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Today is the day for the Vita version of Super Hydorah (both standard and CE copies), Iron Crypticle for PS4 (with an optional OST), and Splasher for PS4, and preorders for Slime-san for Switch have opened up, with a CE that has a finite print run and extra merch available. It's also the last day one can preorder a standard copy of Saturday Morning RPG for Switch.

Just a Hydorah CE for me. The CE and extra merch fatigue among LRG's consumer base is real, since there's still a good amount of the Hydorah CE and the Iron Crypticle bundle left, even though the standard copies sold out fast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I didn't realize they announced Iron Crypticle, just thought someone posted it as a suggestion for Limited Run Games since they also released Aqua Kitty. I actually watched gameplay at that time and it interested me so I'll pick it up, that and I actually like Aqua Kitty. I missed it this morning because I didn't know it existed, I don't check my email often, but the soundtrack bundle is still available meaning I should have no issue picking it up during the second batch.

If anyone is interested, X-Morph is on Play-Asia with a limited release of 3000 copies. Not sure if they're placing a standard version on the site after the limited edition is gone like some of the other titles but you can always use MYPSVITA for $3 off and all Play-Asia exclusives have free shipping(not sure if it's still free if combined with anything else though.) The game is the combination of a shmup and tower defense game, includes all the DLC. Here's the traile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARGi0n0CXlE

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

LRG did their silly E3 "press conference" today and made a whole slew of new announcements. I updated the opening post with all the info, but I'll copy and paste the totally new stuff here:

Golf Story (Switch) - Available: September 2018
    Iconoclasts (PS4 & Vita) - Available: 2018
    Observer (PS4) - Available: July 2018
    Thumper (PS4 & Switch) - Available: July 20, 2018
    The House in Fata Morgana (PS4 & Vita) - Available: 2019
    Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit (Vita) - Available: 2018
    Cosmic Star Heroine (Switch)
    Yooka-Laylee (Switch) - Available: August 2018
    Spelunky (PS4 & Vita)
    Exile's End (PS4 & Vita) - Available: July 2018
    Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds Overdrive (PS4 & Vita) - Available: 2018
    Dust: An Elysian Tail (Switch)
    Double Switch (PS4) - Available: 2018
    Kingdom: New Lands (Switch)

They also gave a bunch of time frames for older announcements (some just a season or month, others a specific release date), so check the opening post for that info.

Even with me ignoring basically all their non-Vita stuff, I feel like there's a ton to be excited about. I'm so happy that, after all the hinting, The House in Fata Morgana has been confirmed. LRG getting XSEED to work with them is a nice surprise, and I almost bought Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit digitally a while back but didn't on the slim chance it could get a physical release. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with how the final year of LRG Vita releases is shaping up so far.

Edit: Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention that Oceanhorn for Switch is up on their site and will be available for preorder for a month.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Going to get Spelunky, might get Phantom Breaker, might get CSH on Switch.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Pretty good lineup. I'll get all the Vita games and maybe Golf Story, which would be my first Switch game from them.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

It's been over a week now, and the Vita CE of Super Hydorah is still available. I think this is the longest any game that wasn't an open preorder has been available from LRG? It's great to see a game's stock last this long. I wish this happened with every release. It just sucks that the standard version sold out so fast, so anyone who still wants may feel forced to pay for the extras even if they don't want them. I hope LRG doesn't take any negative messages away from this being in stock so long, but if they do, I'd prefer the message to be that people are getting burned out on their CEs, rather than waning interest in Vita games as a whole or shmups or what have you. I'd be perfectly happy if the vast majority of the Vita games they have left to release don't receive CEs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I thought that as well,but I think Pixel Junk Monster 2 wins. There was like 60% when the listing got pulled down. I think it was their worst selling game.

And yes, I hope this trend continues. That way, we get less of those asinine LE/CE's.

THis week, Im only getting the Vita game, and ONLY because I want an LRG complete set. I know it's going to be hard, knowing that I still need Breach and Clear for Vita (trying to do a trade for a CIB sealed New and Tasty), but I will continue trying, nonetheless.