Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
Based on a quote from Doug the day before yesterday, this isn't true.

If they already had the initial pre planned print run, you think he would of said this? While I hope they do sell more than planned so they continue to do this on the bigger releases, is it fair to scrap the idea based on sales of a game that can be bought elsewhere? Why not test it out on a game that's actually exclusive to them. However, I do think it will hit it's goal, as I think Ys has a bigger niche audience than WonderBoy, being a classic RPG series that has been released regularly to this day, so fans of the genre like Johnny from Happy Console Gamer all the way up to people who never heard of the series until the PSP or Vita releases.
Incorrect. Here is what LRG tweeted earlier this week after the preorder plan was announced:

"We already have 7500 and 6500 copies of the game in manufacturing for PS4/Vita, respectively."

That tweet and the confirmation in later posts and tweets from Douglas basically threw gasoline on the small sh%$storm that touched off on the LRG forums about preorders because some people felt that it was a betrayal to essentially do a second pressing of the game to accommodate the preorders.

In any event, tomorrow will be very interesting.