Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Rainbow Moon for PS4 and Vita 3000 copies and each and Shadow Complex for PS4 7500 copies are available August 19th @ 10AM EST for the first batch, 6PM EST for the second batch.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I'm ready for those. Still pissed at the last batch though...the site claiming that items were in stock, and when placed in the cart, automatically SOLD OUT. Happened several times. ARGH.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Rainbow Moon for PS4 and Vita 3000 copies and each and Shadow Complex for PS4 7500 copies are available August 19th @ 10AM EST for the first batch, 6PM EST for the second batch.
    7500 is a lot of copies of Shadow Complex. I imagine that's the largest production run for LRG so far.
    I plan on picking up both games and knock on wood, I haven't had any trouble while ordering yet. But I prefer the PS4 versions over the Vita and it's the Vita versions that seem to go quickest.
    I have a Vita and I'm aware it's small library may make it's games 'collectable'. But there's no way I would prefer playing a game on a postcard screen vs a console experience, so my Vita library is pretty much limited to exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    Nintendo copying the "indie games on disc" idea?
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201..._selects_label
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    The other issue is the WiiU is frustratingly region locked, so even if a bunch of these are great, the European builds are useless to me.
    I wondered if these might get left in Europe too, but Amazon listed the Steamworld Collection available October 11th for both the Wii U and PS4. Nothing on FAST Racing NEO yet.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Looks like iam8bit is looking to get in on LRG's shtick too, with this physical print run of Rez Infinite:

http://store.iam8bit.com/collections...s4physicalgame

And it's clear the LRG guys are bitter about it too, because they were working on getting the rights to release the game themselves, so I guess iam8bit swooped in on it. LRG doesn't even want to name the game or publisher, since they don't want to draw any attention to this competitor, which is quite a bit different from, say, the physical Vita run of Shovel Knight, which LRG was happy to promote. In general, LRG seems very friendly with other publishers, and they highlight lots of physical releases from other companies, so iam8bit must've done something really scummy in their eyes.

I wonder how successful this print run of Rez Infinite will be since they're not giving any print run size nor any indication of a cut-off date for orders, so I don't know if it'll have that same kind of "limited" appeal to collectors.

Anyway, getting back to LRG, I'm sure this won't please the visual novel haters, but another Sekai Project VN was announced for a 2017 LRG print run: Narcissu. Actually, I hear it's a kinetic novel, so I don't think there's any player choice at all. Well, either way, I'm looking forward to it.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Looks like iam8bit is looking to get in on LRG's shtick too, with this physical print run of Rez Infinite:

http://store.iam8bit.com/collections...s4physicalgame

And it's clear the LRG guys are bitter about it too, because they were working on getting the rights to release the game themselves, so I guess iam8bit swooped in on it. LRG doesn't even want to name the game or publisher, since they don't want to draw any attention to this competitor, which is quite a bit different from, say, the physical Vita run of Shovel Knight, which LRG was happy to promote. In general, LRG seems very friendly with other publishers, and they highlight lots of physical releases from other companies, so iam8bit must've done something really scummy in their eyes.

I wonder how successful this print run of Rez Infinite will be since they're not giving any print run size nor any indication of a cut-off date for orders, so I don't know if it'll have that same kind of "limited" appeal to collectors.

Anyway, getting back to LRG, I'm sure this won't please the visual novel haters, but another Sekai Project VN was announced for a 2017 LRG print run: Narcissu. Actually, I hear it's a kinetic novel, so I don't think there's any player choice at all. Well, either way, I'm looking forward to it.
    And they aren't mentioning shipping as far as I can tell. It ships from UK, I wonder what the cost will be.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Looks like iam8bit was able to get Rez Infinite because they pitched the idea of also selling other merchandise as well. Priced at $40 for just the game though seems price gouging when it's probably going to be a $15-$20 remaster.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    And they aren't mentioning shipping as far as I can tell. It ships from UK, I wonder what the cost will be.
    I think you're on the wrong Iam8bit store. They are going to ship from Los Angeles like they always do and shipping will range from a few dollars for media mail to significantly more for FedEx and other services.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Looks like iam8bit was able to get Rez Infinite because they pitched the idea of also selling other merchandise as well. Priced at $40 for just the game though seems price gouging when it's probably going to be a $15-$20 remaster.
    The price on PSN is going to be $30, so it's not really gouging IMHO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Would this be an appropriate place to post for trading Limited Run Games? I have managed to get extra copies of a couple and have missed a couple of releases due to being on vacation. Some I am buying on ebay, but some I'd rather try to trade for.

I have sealed extras of:
    Soldner X-2 (Vita)
    Breach and Clear Deadline (PS4)
    Futuridium Soundtrack (limited to 600)

Would like to trade my Soldner X-2 for sealed Xeodrifter (Vita version).

I'm also in need of:
    Xeodrifter (PS4)
    Octodad (Vita)
    Saturday Morning RPG soundtrack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post

And also that the price is friggin' $40! No thanks.

Just got the LRG today, sans the soundtrack variant for Shadow Complex.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I got all three games. The games all disappeared for a bit and didn't come back up on. I Google'd Limited Run Games and then went under the first option and the games were back up, but even on there, Shadow Complex Bundle was the only one available at the time, when I put it in my cart it was already gone, but then when hitting okay and doing a refresh again, Shadow Complex the non bundled version was there, so I was able to get it. Would have been pissed if I had to do two orders because the issue the site was having, but would have been more pissed if I missed out on the games period. I can see how this would have turned out to be a mess for some.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

I managed to snag the Vita version of Rainbow Moon. For me, that's the most exciting release from LimitedRunGames yet. That kind of game fits the Vita perfectly, and because I can easily dump dozens if not hundreds of hours into it, the physical price + shipping is justified.

Do we have any idea what's coming in September? I'm rather looking forward to Cosmic Star Heroine and Rabi Ribi. So glad to see these guys putting quality releases out on Vita!
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I think you're on the wrong Iam8bit store. They are going to ship from Los Angeles like they always do and shipping will range from a few dollars for media mail to significantly more for FedEx and other services.
    Ah, I saw "Go to UK Store" and I didn't know it was a link. I thought it meant Iam8bit was the "go to store" in the UK.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I got one each of each game/variant. Passed on the soundtracks this time too since I'm not familiar with the composers.

The games all disappeared for a bit and didn't come back up on. I Google'd Limited Run Games and then went under the first option and the games were back up, but even on there, Shadow Complex Bundle was the only one available at the time, when I put it in my cart it was already gone, but then when hitting okay and doing a refresh again, Shadow Complex the non bundled version was there, so I was able to get it. Would have been pissed if I had to do two orders because the issue the site was having, but would have been more pissed if I missed out on the games period. I can see how this would have turned out to be a mess for some.
    It wasn't an issue with the site; they intentionally took down the listings temporarily before 10AM EST in order to prevent people from preloading items into their carts, which contributed to the problems with the last batch of games. You must've caught the Shadow Complex bundle in the process of it being pulled down, before it was actually available, because it didn't sell out super fast once it was up for real.

I don't know if they're going to stick with this strategy, but I assume they're going to do the same with the 6PM batch at least. Another thing to watch out for is that they're not splitting these releases in half. Since there's way more demand in the morning, they allocated about 65-75% of each game/OST to the morning listings. At 6PM, there's going to be 1900 more copies of Shadow Complex listed, and 1000 of Rainbow Moon on each platform.

Do we have any idea what's coming in September?
    Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice for PS4 and Vita, which is currently planned for release within the first week or so of September (I think I read them saying either the 2nd or 9th, IIRC). Then there's a still-unannounced RPG that was developed in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if there's even more to be released in September since they're saying that the month is pretty packed. Though I know, counting variants, they don't like to release more than 4 or 5 games a month, and with Dragon Fantasy and the mystery RPG, that's at least 3, possibly 4 if the mystery RPG is multiplatform.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

I'm not collecting every Limited Run release simply for the sake of collecting them all, I'm trying to only buy the good ones.

Do you know if Dragon Fantasy is any good? I've seen a trailer and it looks like a B tier indie RPG trying to invoke the look of an early 16-bit RPG like Phantasy Star II or Final Fantasy IV. I have a lot of nostalgia for fourth gen RPGs, but they're all the later ones like Lunar, Lufia, Final Fantasy V, VI, Phantasy Star IV and so on.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

I'm not collecting every Limited Run release simply for the sake of collecting them all, I'm trying to only buy the good ones.

Do you know if Dragon Fantasy is any good? I've seen a trailer and it looks like a B tier indie RPG trying to invoke the look of an early 16-bit RPG like Phantasy Star II or Final Fantasy IV. I have a lot of nostalgia for fourth gen RPGs, but they're all the later ones like Lunar, Lufia, Final Fantasy V, VI, Phantasy Star IV and so on.
    All their games are re-releases of digital games, so I imagine you could just check out Metacritic. The trophies double up as well!

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I haven't played Dragon Fantasy myself, but I have heard that the physical release is improved from the digital versions of the game currently available.

I guess it had been very appropriate of me to call the unannounced September RPG a "mystery RPG" because it is, in fact, Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics from Spike Chunsoft. I think those who were clamoring for Japanese games and industry-made games will be pretty pleased with this, though it's obviously one of Spike Chunsoft's lower budget titles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I'll be buying both versions of One Way Heroics, loved the original on PC. There's a ton of different perks available to create your characters and many different types of classes to acquire, but after acquiring everything, the game does get pretty repetitive. It doesn't have quite the long lasting value most rogue likes have, but it's an amazing experience for around the first 10 hours or so because the unique style of it, game feels like an adventure over a dungeon crawl.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

There's one more game for September, for both Vita and PS4, that LRG describes as a platformer/adventure game. So I guess that's why they were saying September is packed, since if you count the platform variants, that's 6 releases, and that's not even getting into possible OSTs and what have you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Hopefully it's Salt and Sanctuary. I've wanted to play that game.