Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
Of course LRG is just focussed on making money, the collector market is just a niche they're wanting to exploit rather than serve towards and help.
Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
All businesses are created for the purpose of turning a profit. That doesn't mean they're all exploitative. People who make, publish, distribute, etc. video games need to put roofs over their heads and food on their tables too.
Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
I don't get that feeling from LRG, it feels like they just want to make as much money as they possibly can. Even though LRG is a small company it feels soulless like any giant corporation.
I feel LRG has some values. I don't question that the founders are gamers and collectors themselves, and I do believe they try to offer products they themselves would want.
But;

Even though they've talked about rewarding Vita full setters with a free game after these last two games, loyalty clearly means nothing to LRG because they made no attempt to ensure that the Vita collectors who have been supporting them since the very beginning with Breach & Clear could get a copy of this. Every copy of Papers, Please that they included in blind boxes back on New Years should be going to their loyal customers who missed out yesterday, but LRG cared more about clearing out their stock of less desirable Vita games.
So, are you feeling any different about the company now? It sounds like you are compared to what you said earlier. It actually wouldn't surprise me if they purposely excluded you and other "full setters" from being able to purchase the game just to keep anyone from getting the promised free games in the future.

A bit of a side note. Honestly a rerelease for Shantae on the Gameboy Color sounds really cool, but as it's probably going to sell out in 30 seconds and/or be priced at $200 for a super deluxe collector's edition I can't build excitement for it. I'm still hoping to find an original copy.