Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I only bought the vita version this time for oddworld. I didn't realize there is only a little over 150 region 1 games(untll about 2 weeks ago), and I already have 40+, so it looks like im collecting for that system now. The reason I didn't buy the ps4 version, was because I don't see myself going for a full set of ps4 games, and its not super unique. Have it on psn, and its same trophy list as the ps3/vita. Its also not a RPG, which i go out of my way to collect for. Had it meet any of those other criteria, I would have picked up the ps4 version. The DLC on the disc, wasn't a factor for me.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Clarification - we *want* to distribute a physical Yakuza 5 and totally understand the demand. Let @SEGA know you want it through us.
    https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/...y&refsrc=email
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

talk of doing yakuza 5 which is awesome these guys are a god send for many collectors and fans of certain games i am sure. they are to me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Next release: Xeodrifter.

It's meh for me. Already played the Vita version, so no need to actually purchase this one. I MAY do it...depends on many factors...mostly money and idiocy to spend it when I can't...

https://app.box.com/s/gt2g99plfbtdhrt3b5cwj3h7cap5ps8h
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I got XeoDrifter free on PS+ and enjoyed it, but I don't think it's something I enjoyed enough to purchase, even at retail. I might change my mind and still jump at the purchase. Overall it's a good game, but it's what you'd expect of a budget Metroid game.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I've never played it before, so I'm looking forward to it. I had been hoping for them to pick up some 2D side-scrolling games. I'm surprised that they announced it so close to the release. I had figured one of the multitude of games they've already announced would come out prior to something that was unannounced until today. As it stands, it looks like it'll probably be available mid-June.

On an unrelated note, I gotta say I'm a little annoyed by how they're shipping Oddworld. For some reason, they're packing games up and just hoarding them in order to ship out all at once, I guess in some notion of being "fair". Personally, I don't mind if other people get their copies before me. I'd rather have some shot of receiving my copies sooner rather than later instead of everybody having to wait the maximum amount of time. As it is, it looks like my games were packed up a week ago but not handed off to USPS until presumably today. I dunno, it's not like I'm super antsy to get them, it's just a bizarre way to approach shipping to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Well to be fair, would you want to waste the time and take several trips sending them out an x number of copies at a time or just get them sent out all at once and avoid taking multiple trips? I don't care either way honestly. It's still cheaper shipping than NIS or Square Enix and they still take 10+ days to get the items you've ordered to you.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I think having the ready packages sent off/picked up once a day would be reasonable. Or every other day, or even just at the end of each week. There are some people who have been staring at an order listed as "fulfilled" and a tracking number that hasn't updated for nearly two weeks. If a company doesn't have the time to pack up a purchase right away, that's fine. It just irks me when something is packed and all ready to go yet is still sitting there for days.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    I think having the ready packages sent off/picked up once a day would be reasonable. Or every other day, or even just at the end of each week. There are some people who have been staring at an order listed as "fulfilled" and a tracking number that hasn't updated for nearly two weeks. If a company doesn't have the time to pack up a purchase right away, that's fine. It just irks me when something is packed and all ready to go yet is still sitting there for days.
    They are using a fulfillment company for Futuridium, so maybe shipping will be quicker this time. Gotta say I'm kinda disappointed with some of the upcoming games. The collector in me will still buy them, but I'm not super excited about the upcoming release list.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm quite happy to see Xeodifter getting a release - its a game I enjoyed via PS+ so I'll happily buy a physical copy. Though I do hope they also do a physical release of Mutant Mudds for the Vita - mainly because I prefer that game to Xeodrifter but also because the Vita version of MM never got a Euro release.
    On an unrelated note, I gotta say I'm a little annoyed by how they're shipping Oddworld. For some reason, they're packing games up and just hoarding them in order to ship out all at once, I guess in some notion of being "fair". Personally, I don't mind if other people get their copies before me. I'd rather have some shot of receiving my copies sooner rather than later instead of everybody having to wait the maximum amount of time. As it is, it looks like my games were packed up a week ago but not handed off to USPS until presumably today. I dunno, it's not like I'm super antsy to get them, it's just a bizarre way to approach shipping to me.
    Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. For the record I'm not bothered about having them shipped off in batches, I was just concerned that my tracking info hadn't been updated in 5 days. I just checked mine today and its finally on its way out of America.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

From what I've heard, Xeodrifter is something of a test run. If it does well enough, they're definitely going to pursue producing physical copies of other games from the same developer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I noticed they tweeted the indie box, PC retail games, so hoping that we get some similar games that they got. Rogue Legacy, Guacamelee, Axiom Verge, and Dust an Elysian Tail. I still had a chance to purchase Rogue Legacy last week but decided not to, now it's sold out.

Limited Run Games doesn't have a forum, but what I think they should do is create a forum for everyone who's interested in their games to join. They could put a system in place that an IP can't create a duplicate account and only one account per email. The reason for that is I think what they should do is have a poll on a list of games that people are interested in and what games people would want to see the most out of this list. Let's say allow a maximum of three votes for a poll featuring 10-20 games. Then they could take this data to the developers that these games have received such and such amount of interest in their poll and try to get the games people are interested in first over other games. Honestly, while I like the concept and like how quickly they've pushed these games out, most of the games haven't been very good.

The only games I've really been interested in owning is Cosmic Star Heroine and Oddworld New and Tasty. Now if they release do get Sega to allow them to release Yakuza 5 then that'll be a third, but it hasn't happened yet. Everything else I really have little interest in owning other than the games being limited retail releases so with how many games they've released so far and have plans to release in the near future I really hope they pick up with the game quality and start publishing games that people really want.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

They do have forums: http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/

At this point, I think they're releasing anything and everything they can get their hands on. It's not that they don't know what people want or that they're passing on games with more demand. They're already using Twitter to try to show developers that hard copies of their games are wanted. But the bigger name games are harder to get, and the big publishers are less likely to let others handle their IPs, regardless of the fan demand. LRG already got in contact with Sega, and their request to distribute hard copies of Yakuza 5 was rejected. They've asked fans to stop requesting that one since it's a no-go.

What's good/bad/interesting is all a matter of opinion. But what's undeniable is that there's been at least some level of demand from fans for all of the titles released/scheduled thus far. Personally, Breach & Clear isn't my cup of tea, and Futuridium and Volume I'm lukewarm on (the latter mostly because I'm not really into stealth games in general but it sounds like it's good for fans of MGS: VR Missions). Pretty much everything else I find appealing to some degree. Saturday Morning RPG is decent from what little I've played (and I'd play through the whole thing for the soundtrack alone), Oddworld is a PS1 classic, Xeodrifter looks like a decent retro-style Metroid clone (I especially find the hopping in and out of the background a la Virtual Boy Wario Land interesting), Cosmic Star Heroine and YIIK both seem like they could be quality RPGs, and with the EastAsiaSoft games, I'm definitely excited for Soldner-X 2 but not too sure on Lost Sea and Rainbow Moon (I think for the latter two the art style is kinda putting me off but I see potential in them being fun).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I didn't think of looking at Mighty Rabbit for the forum, never found one on Google so I always thought they did stuff through Twitter only.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I just found the link on the store's main page. I don't even know if it's linked anywhere on the main Mighty Rabbit website.

Since it's starting to get a little tricky for me to keep track of all of LRG's releases and the info associated with them off the top of my head, I decided to add a master list to the opening post. If anybody notices anything wrong, missing, thinks my organization of the info stinks, or if you'd like some info added that I'm not currently accounting for, do please let me know. Of course, I'll update the list as new info is revealed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

If i could suggest something to lrg is to create a preorder system and then produce the amount of games needed, i dont care if they produce 25 000 screw the ebay scalpers and people who wont play the games. This way they would make more revenues and satisfy demand. Win win

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    If i could suggest something to lrg is to create a preorder system and then produce the amount of games needed, i dont care if they produce 25 000 screw the ebay scalpers and people who wont play the games. This way they would make more revenues and satisfy demand. Win win
    I'm going to keep most sealed if they're games I already own digitally on PS+(like Oddworld New and Tasty, Rogue Legacy if it gets a release, etc,) but I really like the games so I want a physical copy. Ebay scalpers will still make money even on the preorder system. The games will still be rare when they print whatever limited amount of preorders they've received. I don't think they'll do it though. They might not know how people will react towards doing that. I personally don't care what they do, just don't pull a Square Enix and say "we're printing more copies because we suck too much to properly gauge demand. It's only the 15th game in the most popular RPG franchise in the world." I still do think people are hypocrites for bashing Limited Run Games when they thought there was more stock the next day because of cancellations. It's okay for Square Enix to do it, though. Honestly Square Enix shouldn't have announced a number and left preorders open like Prezz is stating LRG should do, they would have satisfied the demand and wouldn't have looked like jackasses doing so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Picked up both copies. Same as my brother.

Anyone else successful?

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yep, nabbed a pair for myself.

If the stock bars are to be trusted, it looks like there's a tiny bit of stock still left (10 minutes and almost the entire first batches are gone, geez). And oddly enough, it seems like the Vita version is selling out slightly faster than the PS4 version. Anyway, if anybody misses out now, don't forget to check back at 6pm EST.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Same thing happened with Oddworld. However, the later sold out almost instantaneously.

As of nearly 20 minutes in, there were still copies available for both platforms, though Vita is the least available.

I wonder how the second batch will fare?