Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

So what's on offer this week? Only going for Vita releases, thankfully.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

There's Phantom Breaker for PS4 and Vita, which is also getting a CE, and Late Shift for just PS4. That should be it unless they pull out another last-minute announcement.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Remaining copies for Ruiner are available.

https://specialreservegames.com/prod...uiner-ps4-disc
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Downloaded the Vita version of Phantom Breaker for $3. It's a fun game, but honestly not CE material. Played on normal for the first time and finished it without failing. It adds replay value as you need to upgrade your character (several to choose from and unlock) via skills and strength/defense/speed, etc. But since the game costs $3 right now (and I think that's the normal price), AND the physical copy will not contain the DLC...it's a tough pill to swallow even at $25. I can let pass the PS4 version though, since it's for $10 base price and the DLC would be around $10 extra, so $30 is acceptable.

But for $60 or $65 for the CE? I personally would pass on it. Fun game, though. I honestly don't know what to do, if just get the Vita or both Vita and PS4.

What would you guys and gals do?

Edit: May just consider getting only the standard PS4 copy of the game as it's the best value. If only the Vita included the DLC. If only the original price was not $3...$22 extra is too much to accept. ☹️

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Are they still doing the Saturn replacement cases?
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    Are they still doing the Saturn replacement cases?
    Yes, but they are still a few weeks away from public release. I believe they have started sending out review cases to various outlets.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Well, that was nice and easy. I was busy during the listing of the first batch and for several hours later, so I got on LRG's site near 6pm Eastern to prepare for the second batch, only to see that there was still plenty of Phantom Breaker CEs in stock. So I grabbed one of those without even waiting. Though it just goes to show that if they're struggling to move this CE when there's so few even (fewer than other CEs like Nurse Love Addiction and 2064 that sold out super fast), then this game really didn't warrant a CE, even if the developer/publisher has done more notable stuff. Steins;Gate this is not. But I feel like maybe LRG is trying to compensate for the dirt cheap digital price point a little by including more with the CE than usual. Shock and awe, we actually get a soundtrack AND an art book this time.

Anyway, it's just another +1 to my unfulfilled LRG backlog. It feels like forever since I've actually received anything from them. They keep selling and selling and yet seemingly shipping nothing. I think I'm up to six unfulfilled orders now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

There's actually a thread on LRG about how many unfulfilled orders people have it's apparently got so ridiculous. I don't buy much so I only have two unfulfilled orders, but I've purchased one months ago. Iron Crypticle and Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4 CE, PS4, and Vita.) I can understand CSH since they need to create the Sega CD cases for the CE, but Iron Crypticle? The game was apparently being manufactured for print at the time of sale yet two months late and no copy.

This is another reason to bash LRG for their higher priced games compared to other publishers. Regardless what the cost is through other publishers, atleast if I order the game I get the damn game, I can get it in two days if I want, I don't have to wait God knows how long, I don't have to worry if I'll actually get the game, I don't have to worry if I'll be able to get a replacement if the condition is like I received Dragon Fantasy in way back when. I never sent it back to get a replacement because I had to pay costs of return shipping to LRG all because of their paper thin packaging they were using back then which forced me to get a box any time I have fewer than two games. Best Buy, Amazon, etc, they'd send me a pre postage box to return the game if there's any issues, nope, not LRG. Later on when LRG was providing replacement inserts, I decided to message their help desk. I explained everything and was told that if I wanted an insert I'd have to have enough coupons to get it. I mean wtf? Damaged item way back when they should give me the insert for free. They were going to replace it before, why the hell not just give the insert for free along with one of my orders.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 08-12-2018 at 02:40 PM.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I never bothered to get my PS4 Saturday Morning RPG replaced, since that they did want me to return at my own cost, but when my Mecho Tales slipcover arrived damaged, they sent me another at no charge with my replacement Steamworld copies, which were also replaced at no charge after the original package got lost in the mail. They also added the corrected Dear Esther insert to one of my other orders at no charge.

I assume the backlog is due to all the publishers at this time of year getting their big holiday releases manufactured. LRG's print runs are probably pretty low priority to Sony. It's not like I'm in any hot hurry to receive my games nor am I worried that they won't come eventually, but I don't see why they can't just wait until they have games on hand before listing them for sale like they did early on (with the games that have finite print runs that is; of course the open preorders are a different matter). Or better yet, I wish they'd get a competent system that would allow for combining orders. After all this waiting, it'd be a nice gesture if they could at least combine all the unfulfilled orders and issue a partial refund on shipping costs. I'm sure it would save them a ton of man hours to significantly reduce the number of individual packages they have to mail out too. But from what they've said in the past, their system is supposedly so limited that even something seemingly as simple as combining orders would be a huge pain for them.
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 08-12-2018 at 03:38 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

It's funny you guys mentioned the unfilled orders. I recently looking at my unfulfilled orders and I have 6 orders dating back to April. I've noticed it takes longer for LRG to sell out of certain titles these days and it makes me wonder if it has something to do with people already having $400-$500 tied up in game orders with nothing to show for it. Some people only have so much of a budget for games, so many people may feel like they could spend money on a game and play it that same day, or spend it and have to wait for a while till they play something. I feel like I'd be more apt to buy a title I'm only slightly interested in if I knew I wasn't going to have to wait so long for it to get to me.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

West of Loathing for Switch was put up for sale today. Check back at 6pm Eastern if you missed the CE.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I just got a kick out of seeing a Limited Run Game being sold and rented at Gamefly.

https://www.gamefly.com/game/Fallen-...9?cid=sn0818NM

Maybe these games aren't so limited after all.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! Full Course for Vita (in both standard and CE form) and Gunhouse for Vita and PS4 (plus a bunch of various Gunhouse merch) have been put up for sale.

Picked up a Senran Kagura CE to go with my other two Senran Kagura Vita LEs and a Vita copy of Gunhouse. The first batch is selling a bit slower than I expected. A lot of stock bars are still over 50%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Preoders,open today for the switch version of dust an elysain tail.I remember that was first game id downloaded for the PS4 years ago and i enjoyed it's metroidvania style of game play.Beside i didn't have much of a problem with it's animal-morph characters either.I may buy this game it's the first time id been interested in a switch release by LRG.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I haven't bought an LRG game in a long time, but I'm thinking I'll preorder Dust. Today is the last day to preorder West of Loathing, and I may go ahead and do that one, too.

edit: ugh, I'd also maybe get Yooka, but for whatever it doesn't go on sale for a couple days.
    Last edited by Cornelius; 08-31-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Aside from Dust, the last game that interested me was CSH, and this Friday Salt and Sanctuary FINALLY.

However, despite being one of the most requested since LRG inception and this game was on PS4 since launch, Dust isn't being released for the PS4. LRG has tweeted there's no plans right now, but that's just in hopes that people purchase the Switch version, which I for one won't.

It feels like LRG has learned from their mistakes with PS4 and Vita and is releasing only higher quality games for the Switch, because if you think about past LRG releases on the PS4, even with 6000-8000 copies per system, the games were selling out within hours, but each release sold less and less as time went on. People were burnt out on so many releases and I'm sure the big thing is how many weeks in a row there were releases but with a major lack of quality. CSH only sold around 10,000 when it was released, but this is where PS4 and Vita games were taking days to sell out, the damage was already done and honestly and I think even LRG seesthat they've irreparably harmed their business for PS4/Vita releases.

We know why Switch games are selling so well though. The biggest reason Switch games are selling so well is there's not exactly that many retail games coming out in comparison to the PS4 or even the Xbox One. Switch might get a lot of games the Xbox One doesn't get, but the thing is is that these games are mostly digital only indie titles for PS4 and Switch. There's just nothing out there at retail for a Switch collector, so obviously these people are buying anything they can get and on the plus side LRG is providing higher quality games as to not also burn this fanbase as well with weeks and weeks of low quality bs.

That being said, since Switch is the hot thing right now, LRG is giving the middle finger to PS4 and Vita owners, which makes it especially bad since Vita retail releases are ending early next year. People have been begging for Dust on PS4 since LRG's inception, and Switch has it with no PS4 version in sight. What does LRG say? "No plans right now for Dust on PS4." Obviously a way to pressure people in preordering the Switch version as well, but seriously, if this isn't a middle finger to the PS4 fans then I don't know what is. Oh wait, yeah I do. Mercenary Kings was announced a long time ago, the Switch version has come and gone while the PS4 version has been missing. No clue when it's coming and LRG has been quiet on the matter. They still keep ignoring everyone's questions about Rabi Ribi as well other than stating "it's still coming." If you ask me it's not coming, they're just continuing to say so to keep people invested in LRG. Rabi Ribi is 12 euros right now, I might just get that, it's cheaper than we'd be able to get it from LRG anyways, it's just I don't like having PAL covers in my collection unless absolutely necessary.

LRG defenders 1, 2, 3.... go!!

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yooka-Laylee (Switch) and Narcosis (PS4) have been put up for sale today. Both have CEs, and there's a whole slew of Yooka-Laylee merch available too. Most everything is still available, so even if you didn't show up at 10am Eastern sharp, you may still be able to get what you want right now. And there's always the 6pm Eastern restock too.

Nothing for me today, but I did finally receive something in the mail from LRG. My Vita copy of Hue is the first thing I've received since Siralim. I tried it out a little and it seems interesting enough, but pretty much all my other unfulfilled orders are stuff I'm more excited about.
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 09-07-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

LRG also is working with Best Buy to bring a limited release of Yooka Laylee to them as well, more exposure, Best Buy gets an exclusive game to get people to shop at their stores. I personally think it's the wrong game to go for exposure of their brand, I mean, Yooka Laylee is a pos. I personally would probably be skeptic of all their future releases if that was the first game I've played that they've published. They've released worst games, but still.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

After a long wait, LRG is finally selling Salt & Sanctuary for PS4 and Vita today, as well as the Switch version of Furi. There are CEs for everything and an art book for Furi. I managed to get a Vita S&S CE, but LRG or the developer, whoever made the call on the print run sizes, really dropped the ball here, in my opinion. I'm not sure how fast the first batch of the Vita version of S&S sold out, but I know it lasted fewer than four minutes. There's been a lot of anticipation for this release, including from people who rarely, if ever before, buy from LRG. It was generally accepted as one of their biggest upcoming releases, and I believe they were assuring people in the past that it would get a bigger than usual print run. And then they go and do a measly 2800 total copies on Vita and 4300 on PS4. And that's divided between standard and CE copies, which some collectors are going to double dip on. This was a smaller print run than with Phantom Breaker, and I don't believe for a second that there was more demand for that than S&S. Maybe the PS4 amount will be adequate, but Vita only got as many copies as Exile's End. Gimme a break. I know it's not necessarily fair to compare to print runs from long ago, since PS4 and Vita sales have definitely been declining, but it doesn't even make sense compared to these recent releases. It seems like a total overreaction to the existence of a retail Switch version. I hope I'm wrong and the second batch will last a decent amount of time, but we'll just have to wait and see about that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

LRG was at fault. They underestimated the demand, as stated in their Twitter feeds. Lots of people are pissed, and the debate of "one in the morning THEN two a nigh" once again persists. And honestly, they is NO reason not to. Doug and Josh avoid answering the question whenever it is asked.

I did not get the CE as, frankly, it was insanely expensive. Just because it has a physical CD and a seperate map, it's worth $20 more than the Switch release? No thank you. I picked up the normal, standard edition. The CE version should have been no more than $40, in my opinion.