Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Sadly, this is their idea of an "inexpensive" CE. I'm still buying their CEs just because I like collecting Vita CEs in general, but I'll always admit LRG's ones are a poor value.

On the flip side, I do think it was a nice move to price the standard copies at $24.99. The game is $17.99 on PSN, so with their usual +$10, I figured they'd round up to $30. Granted, maybe they felt they had no choice but to price it lower than the Switch version, since that comes with extras the standard PS4/Vita copies don't come with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

I couldn't get Salt & Sanctuary Vita at all... I didn't need a CE, just the standard would have been fine.

I was right there as soon as it went live, and it was sold out within one minute while I was in checkout. Really mad.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm sorry to hear you couldn't get one. If you'd like, you could try your luck with their waiting list: https://twitter.com/LrgSupport/statu...27598194720769

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Tempted to buy salt&sanctuary but i had to pass i didn't even have the money regardless.I guess it's good i didn't since it sold out in a few minutes.Probably the next i'll buy from me for LRG will be for golf story.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 09-16-2018 at 11:33 PM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Provided that you own a Switch, there's atleast a Switch version of Salt and Sanctuary coming out on retail for those that missed the LRG PS4 or Vita versions.

I finally got my package for Iron Crypticle in. It's a Labour Day miracle!
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Provided that you own a Switch, there's atleast a Switch version of Salt and Sanctuary coming out on retail for those that missed the LRG PS4 or Vita versions.

I finally got my package for Iron Crypticle in. It's a Labour Day miracle!
    I have a switch and i've seen that salt&sancturay is on the e-shop.Seeing now it's getting a physical release in october is good news for me then.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Today, LRG is selling Golf Story for Switch, GALF for NES, and Another World for PS4 and Vita, along with various related merch. Most of the first batch stuff is sold out for now, but nothing sold out as ridiculously fast as Salt & Sanctuary, thankfully. I believe it's also the last day to preorder Furi for Switch.

Just a Vita Another World CE for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    but nothing sold out as ridiculously fast as Salt & Sanctuary, thankfully.
    The NES GALF crap sold out in like 30 seconds. I timed it and its roughly between 30-40 seconds. I think that was faster than Salt and Sanctuary. It was crazy fast!

I was wondering why, then I realized...NintendoAge. I bet that had to do with it somewhat.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I admittedly wasn't paying much attention to GALF, haha. I do know some of today's stuff went up earlier than 10am Eastern, so it may have been available a little longer than it appeared.

Rich Nintendo collectors can duke it out over homebrews for all I care. If I ever wanted a full NES set, which I'm definitely not planning on ever pursuing, I'd stick to official, licensed releases. These days, it's impossible to get a "full set" for NES if you're including everything because unlicensed games are just going to continuously come out. I suppose that's part of the fun for some people, but I like having a finish line for any collecting goals I set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

"NES is a registered trademark of Nintendo. This release is not endorsed by nor affiliated with Nintendo."

Doug was talking so much shit about Street Fighter 2 being rereleased by iam8bit, that LRG would never release a game without consent from the console manufacturer, then they release an unlicensed game without consent and packaging being "authentic" as possible. What a fucking hypocrite.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    "NES is a registered trademark of Nintendo. This release is not endorsed by nor affiliated with Nintendo."

Doug was talking so much shit about Street Fighter 2 being rereleased by iam8bit, that LRG would never release a game without consent from the console manufacturer, then they release an unlicensed game without consent and packaging being "authentic" as possible. What a fucking hypocrite.
    I know, can you believe that anyone's perspective and opinion on a subject could possibly evolve over time?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I know, can you believe that anyone's perspective and opinion on a subject could possibly evolve over time?
    I'm inclined to believe Kupomogli regarding this. While I agree with you that people can and will change their mind or perspective over time, I have a feeling that Doug and Josh changed their tune only because it was them doing it this time around.

While I am no psychologist (I did take a few courses in college, though), the way Josh and Doug portray and act on Twitter make me believe that Kupomogli is correct. I might he wrong, and I hope I am, but I have a feeling. Specially since they will make money of it. So I feel anything is possible.

On another subject, LRG is getting plenty of hate due to GALF. More than with any other release.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180929-085825.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	10577   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180929-080923.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	10576  

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I don't think they deserve the hate over how fast GALF sold. This was the first time LRG has sold an NES game, any kind of homebrew, and any kind of game for a retro platform. They had nothing to go off of besides what info was available regarding other physical NES homebrews that have been sold by others, and according to LRG at least, none have sold remotely as fast, which I'd suspect is true. So how the heck could LRG accurately predict the demand here? It's not like with, say, Salt & Sanctuary, where they've sold dozens of Vita games already, and they knew S&S had more demand than previous Vita releases they've sold.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    I'm inclined to believe Kupomogli regarding this. While I agree with you that people can and will change their mind or perspective over time, I have a feeling that Doug and Josh changed their tune only because it was them doing it this time around.

While I am no psychologist (I did take a few courses in college, though), the way Josh and Doug portray and act on Twitter make me believe that Kupomogli is correct. I might he wrong, and I hope I am, but I have a feeling. Specially since they will make money of it. So I feel anything is possible.

On another subject, LRG is getting plenty of hate due to GALF. More than with any other release.
    Couple of things here. Iam8Bit took an existing game that had already been released on the SNES officially and re-released it as an unofficial version (although the game itself was licensed from Capcom) at a huge markup and then further complicated things by doing blind cart colors. Galf is a completely original NES game that was featured in Golf Story and a neat collectible that hasn't otherwise been made available on the NES. When Douglas made those earlier comments, LRG hadn't even established its relationship with Nintendo, so clearly things have changed.

I also have an issue with the fact that Kupo is very active on the official LRG forums but never dares to post this kind of stuff there.

As for the toxicity from those who believe they have a right to purchase whatever they want, whenever they want, I am frankly disgusted with some of the comments I read. LRG doesn't always get everything right, but they don't have an obligation to take substantial risks that are not in the best interest of their business just so entitled people can get what they want.
    Last edited by Bojay1997; 09-29-2018 at 11:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I also have an issue with the fact that Kupo is very active on the official LRG forums but never dares to post this kind of stuff there.
    I keep things to a minimum because I don't want to be banned. I mean, it's their forum and they've banned other people for simply saying things that they don't like. Realistically they can ban anyone from their forum that they don't want being there, the rules and if you follow them don't really matter in that case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Here's a line up of what's going to be released in October on what systems in case anyone is interested when they should start looking into when to start following LRG feeds to see if anything is interesting.

October 5th
    Layers of Fear (Switch/PS4)

October 12th
    Switch game
    2 PS4 games

October 19th
    Biggest PS4 project ever
    PS4/Vita title
    Mages of Mystralia (PS4)

October 26th
    2 Switch Game collection
    1 PS4/Vita title

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Layers of Fear is a great game, so it's hard to choose between the Switch and PS4 version. $10 gets you nice extras, so that's a plus. Really though to decide to be honest.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Today, Broken Age for Switch and 8-Bit Adventure Anthology for PS4 have been put up for sale. It's also the last day to preorder Golf Story (though I don't know what that means for the CE with its finite quantity. Maybe LRG will continue selling those, or maybe the remaining stock will go to Fangamer, since Fangamer is planned to sell some of them later on anyway.)

I normally skip out on days without any Vita releases, but I'm really tempted to grab 8-Bit Adventure Anthology. Right now I'm just watching how fast the morning batch is selling. If it seems like the game is going to sell out today, then maybe I'll just buy it immediately at 6pm Eastern, but if it seems like the stock is going to linger, then maybe I'll take my chances on it lasting clear to next Friday, since some of LRG's PS4 releases are lasting that long, and even longer, these days.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I got the 8-bit Anthology today. Last I checked on remaining morning inventory, it was at 22% and falling. I have a feeling it might stay in stock for a little while, but will eventually sell out a bit faster than some releases have lately. I also received my copies of night trap for switch last week. I had bought 2 packs of the 8 card set, and each pack came with a gold foil card. I'm still eagerly awaiting my Cosmic Star CE to come in. I'm dying to check out how the Sega CD style case is going to look.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yeah, I'm starting to receive some of my big backlog of unfulfilled orders too. I got my Super Hydorah Vita CE, and I've got another package on the way with four more games.