Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Unfortunate HARD pass today. Wanted the 8-bit compilation badly, but can't justify the price. Specially when the collection will eventually be on sale for $3.99 or so, I have all three NES titles CIB, and $24.99 plus shipping is too high. Should have been $19.99 at most.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Unfortunately, that's as low as any LRG release is gonna go. Definitely stung a bit with Home. For me, it's not a bad deal because Shadowgate is the only one of the three I already have on NES. I wish they had included the second Deja Vu, though. I know it's "Volume I", but I highly doubt they're ever going to release a second one. I don't even know what else a second one could have besides the second Deja Vu.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Morning batch of 8-Bit is sold out. I had a feeling it would. I won't be surprised if the rest of the copies last through the weekend though. Compared to most PS4 titles lately (excluding Slat & Sanctuary) They seem to be selling copies of this fairly quickly.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Another heads up for collectors:

https://games.arcadedistillery.com/w...re-mecho-wars/

Arcade Distillery is self-publishing physical Vita copies of a couple of their games. I really had to dig for the info, but these will be ESRB-rated, so they are proper North American releases. To be completely honest, I think Arcade Distillery is basically a shovelware developer, and Limited Run Games won't even release their games anymore after the customers complained so much. I don't know if Arcade Distillery had a similar falling out with Play-Asia, which is handling the physical release of SkullPirates I believe. But for people going for a full set or otherwise collecting for Vita, $20 each isn't so bad, especially when LRG is practically the only company releasing physical North American Vita games these days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

$15 shipping to PR...even though it's a US territory.

They can shove it.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

LRG has Dragon's Lair Trilogy for PS4 (both standard and collector's edition), Defender's Quest for Vita and PS4, and Mages of Mystralia for PS4 up for sale today. Also some various Defender's Quest merch.

I feel bad for PS4 collectors because they sprung Dragon's Lair out of nowhere. It feels like LRG is just getting worse and worse about giving customers advance notice on things. Anyway, I just grabbed a Vita Defender's Quest. I'm still a little peeved that they didn't just sell it on the same day as Dragon Sinker so that Vita collectors don't have to pay shipping twice for games that are only one week apart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Holy that was one expensive CE! $75 for basically cardboard. Wow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Looks like there is tons of bitching about there being a mistake with shipping charges for the Dragon's Lair CE. Apparently if you bought it first thing and got charged $20+ for shipping (US) you can send in a ticket and get refunded the difference of the actual shipping price. It's worth doing, otherwise LRG pockets free money.

I was thinking about getting Dragon's Lair, but I'm not really big on those games. By the time 10am rolled around, I was busy at work and ended up forgetting about it until it was too late. I probably won't bother with it at the 6PM sale either. I kind of don't want to order too many new things from LRG until I start seeing more of the past releases being sent to me first.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666 View Post
    Looks like there is tons of bitching about there being a mistake with shipping charges for the Dragon's Lair CE. Apparently if you bought it first thing and got charged $20+ for shipping (US) you can send in a ticket and get refunded the difference of the actual shipping price. It's worth doing, otherwise LRG pockets free money.

I was thinking about getting Dragon's Lair, but I'm not really big on those games. By the time 10am rolled around, I was busy at work and ended up forgetting about it until it was too late. I probably won't bother with it at the 6PM sale either. I kind of don't want to order too many new things from LRG until I start seeing more of the past releases being sent to me first.
    Actually, LRG customer service has been proactively refunding shipping all day whether you submitted a ticket or not.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

The problem is that LRG was initially telling people to open a ticket and request a refund to get one. That's why everyone got upset. If they were going to refund the difference without customers having to ask for it, they should've said that from the beginning.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Announce games one day before it goes on sale then bitch about how it doesn't sell quick enough. Yeah, makes sense.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Order golf story all ready earlier in the month.I did consider buying the dragon's lair trilogy but i all ready have the anniversary collection on dvd plus on PS3 as well digitally,so pass.I doubt i will buy any other games from LRG this month.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Announce games one day before it goes on sale then bitch about how it doesn't sell quick enough. Yeah, makes sense.
    Definitely sounds like Doug and Josh.

"Why isn't it selling? We invested in this!" -Doug and Josh, while totally being oblivious to the excruciatingly high price tag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Actually, LRG customer service has been proactively refunding shipping all day whether you submitted a ticket or not.
    You are correct, I did see that is what was happening after the fact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

No matter if you hate or defend LRG...there is now no doubt that LRG wants to milk their customers dry. $100 CE for Outlast. Wow, just wow.

They have been called out on Twitter for a potential lie they state. According to them, there was no way to put both games in a cart, even though they claim they wanted to, because it required a 64GB cart and it was mad expensive. Yet it's been found that with games can fit in a 16GB card. Though LRG claims that they have to put more data on the card and that it would not fit in a 16GB card, users have pointed out that a 32GB card was possible.

Bottom line? They just want more money. And that $100 CE just proves that.

Oh, and the games will cost $30 and $35 for each title, making it $65 total. I bought the PS4 version for...$15 new. Yeah.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1540384956145.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	10578  

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    No matter if you hate or defend LRG...there is now no doubt that LRG wants to milk their customers dry. $100 CE for Outlast. Wow, just wow.

They have been called out on Twitter for a potential lie they state. According to them, there was no way to put both games in a cart, even though they claim they wanted to, because it required a 64GB cart and it was mad expensive. Yet it's been found that with games can fit in a 16GB card. Though LRG claims that they have to put more data on the card and that it would not fit in a 16GB card, users have pointed out that a 32GB card was possible.

Bottom line? They just want more money. And that $100 CE just proves that.

Oh, and the games will cost $30 and $35 for each title, making it $65 total. I bought the PS4 version for...$15 new. Yeah.
    Not quite accurate. The games total 15.3 GB assuming nothing else is required to put them on a cart. A 16GB cart is only 14.9 GB of useable capacity. It's possible that they could have fit both games on one 32GB cart, but the cost of a 32GB cart is more than two individual 16GB carts. I agree that it sounds like LRG aren't being totally upfront about why they didn't go with the 32GB cart, but it's simply not true that a 16GB cart would have fit both.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

At least it looks like you get more for your money than the DariusBurst CE, which was also $100. That said, the only thing I plan to buy this Friday is Dragon Sinker.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Not quite accurate. The games total 15.3 GB assuming nothing else is required to put them on a cart. A 16GB cart is only 14.9 GB of useable capacity. It's possible that they could have fit both games on one 32GB cart, but the cost of a 32GB cart is more than two individual 16GB carts. I agree that it sounds like LRG aren't being totally upfront about why they didn't go with the 32GB cart, but it's simply not true that a 16GB cart would have fit both.
    It doesn't change the fact that the games are $30 each while the PS4 version launched with with both games at $30. How hard is it to question Nintendo or Sony to customize the case to allow two discs, two Vita cards, two Switch cards, etc. The reason why I mention other consoles, is because this isn't the first time LRG has done this. Steamworld Collection was released on the Vita and that in no way was "insufficient space" to fit on a single card, compared to both PS4 and Wii U that had both games on disc.

Or, how about when I mentioned after the second LRG release of the Kemco RPGs that Kemco announced a Japanese exclusive game that included two of those games. The collection includes four games for less than two LRG releases. LRG later released the final two games in the collection at $25 each. After the Japanese announcement of the collection. I don't think the fanbase who purchased the previous two would be that upset when the alternative is to pay $25, but hey, LRG doesn't give a crap about it's fanbase, it's all about the money and it's always been about the money. The die hard fans are starting to finally realize this, though they should have realized this long before.

And it's already been stated, but why the hell are we still paying a premium when they no longer have any of these games on hand? Their excuse used to be because of the risk. Even back then there was no risk, because when every single game sells out within a few days you've already made your money back alongside a massive return. The fact that they don't even have these games on hand for months means the risk excuse is even more bullshit, so when they do something like this it's even more scummy.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Agreed. But the fact that it could have fit in a 32GB cart instead of two 16GB was plausible. And of course, instead of placing both cards in a single Switch case and instead of two cases makes me believe that they did it on purpose to make more profit. A very shady move, I believe.

Unfortunately, if LRG cheerleaders put up with this BS, LRG will continue doing the same crap they have been doing. This is why I am happy when they can't sell all of their stock immediately, as I hope that will teach them to stop doing the shit they do.
    Last edited by megasdkirby; 10-25-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Agreed. But the fact that it could have fit in a 32GB cart instead of two 16GB was plausible. And of course, instead of placing both cards in a single Switch case and instead of two cases makes me believe that they did it on purpose to make more profit. A very shady move, I believe.

Unfortunately, if LRG cheerleaders put up with this BS, LRG will continue doing the same crap they have been doing. This is why I am happy when they can't sell all of their stock immediately, as I hope that will teach them to stop doing the shit they do.
    LRG is doing fine. They are continuing to release games that wouldn't get a physical release otherwise and the great thing about it is if there is a game you think is too expensive or don't like for whatever reason, you can decide not to buy it. The constant complaining is really getting tired at this point. It's always some giant conspiracy or scheme and they are always the shadiest and most horrible company in the world and yet the same people complaining the loudest are always the ones that continue to buy. If you want to make a point, stop buying their stuff and walk away. You can choose to believe them or not, it doesn't really matter because nobody is forcing you to buy their stuff. As long as they deliver what they promise in the end, I'm perfectly happy to keep buying from them and I suspect most of the other collectors who buy from them feel the exact same way.