Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games) - now w/ complete list

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    For anyone who missed registering for a "limited" PS4 Maldita Castilla, it's available now for pre-order at Play Asia. They did the same thing with the Blue Rider game they published. Had people sign up for the game like it's a limited edition to generate buzz and then a few weeks later it's up for sale on their website.
    Do you have a link? I'm not seeing it available. Maybe there were a few slots unpaid for which went up for sale?
    The game looks aright, I'm more interested because of it's supposed following of Spanish lore.
    In the case of Blue Rider, I think it just didn't sell.

Pretzel (Level 4)

Quote Originally Posted by Koa Zo View Post
    Do you have a link? I'm not seeing it available. Maybe there were a few slots unpaid for which went up for sale?
    The game looks aright, I'm more interested because of it's supposed following of Spanish lore.
    In the case of Blue Rider, I think it just didn't sell.
    http://www.play-asia.com/cursed-cast...sive/13/70b3h7

That's what I used this morning before posting. I see it says sold out now but I would just keep checking back. That's I did for both games, neither of which I was able to sign up for in advance.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Another "high quality" game LRG is interested in publishing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_bXuX4ita4
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Koa Zo View Post
    Why do you even care? Jealous, or just obsessive?
    If it was jealousy then it wouldn't matter what they released. But when they try going for such a cheap pos game just because the profit margin is higher with each sale, yeah I'm going to bitch about them. It's the same thing with people bitching about popular Youtubers. When a popular Youtuber makes tens of thousands of dollars monthly, people don't really care much until that specific Youtuber starts making clear money grab videos, then you'll see people shit all over them.

Some of you might not care how often LRG does a clear money grab release, but I do, and maybe if enough people complain, LRG might start reacting to the complaints and put forth the extra effort for some more quality releases. The reason why LRG lost a few releases in the first place is from, only guessing, that they're not being competitive with other publishers, maybe other publishers are offering better terms and maybe this is why they've not been able to release a lot of bigger titles they've stated they've attempted to pick up. If companies like BadLand Games are picking up multiple releases that you attempt to get, maybe you need to put forth the extra effort and offer better terms on your releases.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 05-06-2017 at 09:56 PM.

Pretzel (Level 4)

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post

LRG publishing Ninja Senki kinda makes sense because they have already published two other Tribute Games IE: Curses 'N Chaos and Flinthook. But I do hope they include Mercenary Kings with it because both games are small and because I would actually prefer playing the later.

Some of you might not care how often LRG does a clear money grab release
    Why would I? If there is a game I'm not interested then I don't pay it any attention.
    Likewise to your youtuber analogy.
    Start your own publishing company or youtube channel if you're so sure of how it should be done.

I appreciate someone pointing out or discussing reasons they don't like a game or something, but this gamer penchant for critiquing and/or attacking business decisions is really weird.

Great Puma (Level 12) megasdkirby's Avatar
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Ugh Ninja Senki DX. Not a bad game, but definitely one I wish not to play again. I managed to beat it and get the 2nd ending, but the last boss was just too hard.

I understand LRG is trying to release basically anything they can get their hands on for a quick buck. Sadly, they know all copies will be sold, even if the game is mediocre or just plain bad. This is because of collectors that just need to have every single release. Sadly, I'm included in that list. Though I do want to stop.

The only way they will notice is if they start loosing sales or, at the very least, the games take longer to sell than they realize. Maybe then their focus will change to license better quality titles.
    Game Wants: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121467
    Completed US CIB Collections: Atari 7800, Neo Geo Pocket Color
    Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Jesus christ. Half the internet is truly retarded.

Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Not Limited Run Games, but I thought some might be interested.

http://www.play-asia.com/blue-rider-...sive/13/70axkb

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic

I've actually been interested in Ninja Senki DX for a while and have been hoping that LRG will do a print run, so meh at your scare quotes. It reminds me of Game Boy Color games and looks decent. From my experience with their work, Tribute Games is a pretty good developer, a step above most other indies doing 2D retro-style games. And if the main complaint people have with it is that it's too challenging, then you should be all over it then, considering your diatribes against easy games.

I repeat, *you* do not get to decide for everybody else what's good and bad and what deserves a physical print run or not.

As for LRG's terms, they claim 30% of the profits, while the developer gets 70%. Any business similar to LRG that claims an even smaller cut is probably not going to be around for long. Or they're a huge business like Play-Asia that makes most of their money through other means. With BadLand Games, they're doing regular retail releases, with ESRB/PEGI ratings on the box. If somebody has an indie game popular enough for a regular retail release, then they should definitely skip LRG and go with a different publisher. LRG doesn't have the ability to release games like that, or at least, that's not what their business is for. Most indies aren't popular enough for a regular retail release, so the only way they can come out physically is to minimize costs, by not spending the money to have the physical release rated, by not dealing with Amazon and GameStop and such. If you only want to buy the most popular, highest rated games, you shouldn't be wasting any time on LRG. LRG is for niche games, ones that don't have mainstream appeal or maybe have mixed reviews, the kind of stuff that would remain digital-only if LRG didn't exist.
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 05-09-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Another crappy LRG release. I'm j/k :P

After Ys Origins was listed on Play-Asia and then later LRG annonced it, I knew this game was coming from LRG as well. Pang's Adventure, Ys Origins, and WonderBoy The Dragon's Trap are all from the same publisher.

Another crappy LRG release. I'm j/k :P

After Ys Origins was listed on Play-Asia and then later LRG annonced it, I knew this game was coming from LRG as well. Pang's Adventure, Ys Origins, and WonderBoy The Dragon's Trap are all from the same publisher.

This may get a purchase from me then.

Even though I'm planning to skip LRG's PS4 releases in the future, I'll probably make an exception for Wonder Boy (despite that I'm still not crazy about the very Western look of this remake). Depending on what's in it, I may even spring for the collector's edition. I just hope they don't make it totally Master System-themed. I'll never understand why people still associate Wonder Boy with the Master System. It's like, yeah, let's obsess over the crappiest versions of these games. Everybody obsesses over Dragon's Trap too, but personally, I like Monster World III and IV better.

Anyway, some random whining on my part aside, I love the Wonder Boy series, and I'm glad this is getting a physical release. Wish it was on Vita too. And with all these DotEmu releases, I hope we can someday get a Windjammers print run too.

Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

This pisses me off so much. I should have waited...

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    This pisses me off so much. I should have waited...
    I'm assuming you ordered it from Play-Asia? Why not just cancel your order, it hasn't released yet.

Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I'm assuming you ordered it from Play-Asia? Why not just cancel your order, it hasn't released yet.
    Digital download.

Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

I want salt n sanctuary, dragons trap and merceary kings physical release for vita

Both Mutant Mudds games are up for sale today. Should be much easier to grab them than the madness with the last releases.

Shadow Warrior 2 from Special Reserve Games if anyone is interested. It's for both PC and PS4. PS4 has only 2500 copies available and includes discs for both Shadow Warrior and Shadow Warrior 2 plus Steam keys for both games. It doesn't say how many copies are available for PC version, but PC version also comes with a soundtrack and artbook. There's a PS4 and PC version which is limited to an additional 500 copies(so there's that if you missed the PS4 version alone,) has all the content the PC version has and then some. PS4 version is $40 plus $5 shipping in the US.

https://www.specialreservegames.com/...adow-warrior-2

Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Did they ever release "Strafe"?

I remember ordering it and haven't heard anything from them.

Pretzel (Level 4)

It was supposed to start shipping May 22nd.

I was really suprised to see Play Asia pre-selling a disc version of Alchemic Jousts for the PS4. It was a Playstation Talents game previously sold on disc only in Spain I believe, though it was playable in English.
    "1,888 copies exclusively to Play-asia.com at a special price at US$19.99 with Original soundtrack"
    https://www.play-asia.com/info/alche...f=aj_news_2017
    Last edited by Spartacus; 05-24-2017 at 06:21 PM.

I ordered this as well. I contacted them on their facebook (as well as other worrying customers) and they said they had an issue with their system sending out tracking numbers. They said while some people may not have gotten their tracking numbers, all of the packages have been shipped. Hopefully they work these kinds of bugs out soon.

Risk of Rain is on sale now. The first batch of the vinyl OST ran out immediately, but there's still plenty of the game itself left.

LRG's variant of Strafe was originally planned to go on sale today, but they decided to put it off. It'll probably be next Friday, but they're not saying anything concrete just yet.

Today LRG is selling Deemo for Vita and Broken Age for both PS4 and Vita. I just grabbed the Vita versions. Still a decent amount of everything left.

And now LRG is offering their variant of Strafe for PS4. I think they may be selling it in a single batch, so my apologies if this isn't enough notice to grab a copy. (As always, it's best to keep tabs on the opening post for release dates, as I regularly update it.)

For me, this is the perfect time to stop picking up every LRG PS4 release that they aren't offering on Vita, with it not being a part of the numbered set and me not being a fan of first-person shooters. And then it'll be that much easier to pass on Drive Drive Drive and Furi and so on. I'm just gonna focus on Vita, with maybe the occasional PS4 game if it's something I really want to play.

Edit: Oh, and as a heads up, if you bought anything on Friday and Strafe, you can contact LRG to combine the orders and save on shipping. I think you have to do it by the end of the day, though.

You should atleast pick up Furi because it's an amazing game, despite being an indie title, one of the best on the PS4 when it comes to action games.

So LRG apparently just stated a few days ago they're going to do less releases and focus on more quality releases. Yet at E3 they announced 17 new games, and most of it sure wasn't quality. Regardless of genre, I'd say easily 3/4 of those games aren't worth playing, much less buying at a premium price. I said it before and I'll say it again. LRG really has no standards, they don't care about what people think of the games they publish, they'll publish whatever they can get regardless of quality because it'll sell to people who have already bought into the LRG brand. When they can't sell them, they'll sell them at 30 pieces each to scalpers and mom and pop stores that will guarantee the sales. While certain publishers like BadLands are recognized for putting out good games, LRG is pretty much known as the shovelware publisher of indies with a few good games here and there.