Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games) - now w/ complete list

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic

PS4 Skullgirls has been shipped. They're still waiting on the Vita version.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Consider me a LRG noob... What's this code to buy Night Trap? Some loyalty program or something?
    As Aussie2B stated it sold out quickly, and they found out that a lot of sales was because while there was a limit of one listed, it allowed people to add as many as they wanted while normally it stops them from getting more than one. So they stated that everyone who had an excessive amount of copies were going to be cancelled altogether and anyone who sent a support ticket would be placed on the waiting list.

You can still purchase the game at $75 without the code, listed at that price to circumvent people from purchasing it. Any remaining copies will be sold on the site sometime in January. Here's the link though. https://limitedrungames.com/collecti...nt=43337253827
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

I'm surprised they didn't price it even higher. Weren't the Oddworld trading cards originally at $100 for anybody who was trying to get them without a code? I kinda feel like they're hoping some people who didn't get on the waiting list will bite at that $75 price point.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Are the releases from Fangamer comparable to the ones from Limited Run Games? There's something that interests me from Fangamer but I don't really know anything about them, if their releases are limited or not, if the quality is ok, etc.

Well, they don't have much history in it yet, with only Shovel Knight and Undertale (and with the former, they only acted as the distributor), but the rarity of Shovel Knight was about on par with a LRG release (they made 5000). I don't know if anyone has released numbers for Undertale. Quality-wise, I'd say they're a step above. Shovel Knight was only $25, which is as low as LRG prices go, for a game that's arguably more acclaimed than practically any indie LRG has released, plus it came with a nice 40-some page full-color manual, when most LRG releases either don't have a manual or it's been some little chintzy thing like the manuals with Xeodrifter and Thomas Was Alone. With Undertale, the quality of the LE absolutely blows LRG's CEs out of the water. It's better than most LEs I have period. The standard release is also $25 like Shovel Knight, and it comes with a really neat story booklet that's been made to look like a Little Golden Book (this is also in the LE).

The first batch of Crawl and 2064: Read Only Memories, both for PS4, have gone up, along with a bunch of 2064: ROM merch.

Also of interest is a little survey they're doing where you can weigh in on their CEs, rate of releases, and a bunch of other stuff: https://t.co/JIyYuFYgjb