Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Today is the last day to order Slime-san, and Kingdom: New Lands (Switch, PS4, and PC) and Musynx (PS4 and Vita) have been put up for sale. LRG seems to be doing more and more open preorders, which is nice, so the only things today with finite quantities are the CEs of Kingdom and the vinyl.

All I want out of this batch is Musynx for Vita, so I'm just going to wait till next Friday to order it with Xenon Valkyrie+, 2064: Read Only Memories, and Va-11 Hall-A.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

These kinds of comments really annoy me:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/...29254105649152

It's like they're completely oblivious to the fact that tons of people are waiting on the games this Friday before they order Musynx. It's premature to assess Musynx's sales as disappointing, yet I'm sure they'll use this as reason not to do future preorders for Vita games or to further minimize the size of Vita print runs.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    These kinds of comments really annoy me:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/...29254105649152

It's like they're completely oblivious to the fact that tons of people are waiting on the games this Friday before they order Musynx. It's premature to assess Musynx's sales as disappointing, yet I'm sure they'll use this as reason not to do future preorders for Vita games or to further minimize the size of Vita print runs.

Sure, but in fairness, they have a now-closed pre-order for Cosmic Star Heroine on Vita and those numbers weren't great either relatively speaking. I'm sure they can also detect sales trends based on people that ordered other items last Friday and had no reason to put off the Musynx purchase. It's not a perfect science but it's pretty obvious two years in that without a limited print run on consoles like the Vita, you just don't move the numbers of units that you can with an open preorder on a platform like the Switch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

And yet, they complain about having to purchase the minimum amount and "eating the extras". Yet everyone k ows they will sell all copies eventually.

I have not pre-ordered Musynx yet but will soon.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

If they were disappointed in the Cosmic Star Heroine sales, I'll give them that, but at the same time, they were also selling 5000 total CEs for it, so I don't know what they were expecting out of the open preorders.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If they were disappointed in the Cosmic Star Heroine sales, I'll give them that, but at the same time, they were also selling 5000 total CEs for it, so I don't know what they were expecting out of the open preorders.
    Probably a lot more than that considering how much people were buzzing about the game for literally years. The reality is that some Vita collectors have moved over to the Switch and that demand will keep dropping on Vita titles as the end nears on production of the carts. The only real way to potentially keep Vita production viable going forward is to rely on the older model of printing a fixed amount and hoping some percentage of scalpers and resellers buys sufficient quantities to maintain the minimum print number.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    And yet, they complain about having to purchase the minimum amount and "eating the extras". Yet everyone k ows they will sell all copies eventually.

I have not pre-ordered Musynx yet but will soon.
    There are a number of problems with that. They have to store extra inventory somewhere and that costs money. They also have to pay for inventory in advance, so they end up tying up money in unsold stock. Scalpers and even some collectors don't like it if there is too much extra stock available, and it therefore depresses demand for their other releases. In short, they aren't Amazon or a retailer that is equipped to sit on lots of extra stock for months or years if necessary.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Well, it's not just a Vita issue. I only specifically speak of Vita because that's all I've been buying from LRG for a while now. They're disappointed in their Cosmic Star Heroine and Musynx sales period, which includes the PS4 versions, and they're claiming that preorders don't work as well for Sony platforms in general. This is just part of a history of them expressing disappointment in how sales go (whether it's the numbers, how fast the games sell, etc.) when seemingly not taking into consideration pertinent factors and laying the blame on other factors that may have little to nothing to do with it.

The bottom line of it all is that even with Vita releases and the declining interest people have in the platform, LRG is still often underestimating demand, and I hate seeing comments from them that only suggest they're going to underestimate demand even further. Having the Super Hydorah CEs stay in stock for a week and half or so didn't hurt them whatsoever, especially considering it hasn't even begun manufacturing, and at a minimum, that should be the goal with every release, whether it's in the form of finite stock lasting that long or preorders open for at least that long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Got the regular editions of the games. Just sold out, all of them! This makes Doug have an orgasm.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Well, that was a little scary. For the first time in all my shopping with LRG, from their very first release, I got the out-of-stock message when trying to complete my order with the bundle of the 2064: Read Only Memories and Va-11 Hall-A CEs. Luckily, I just barely had enough time to go through checkout again with the standalone CEs added to my cart before those went out of stock too. So I managed to all four games. Right now, there's nothing left except PS4 copies of Xenon Valkyrie+ and standard copies of Va-11 Hall-A, plus the stuff that's still available from the previous week.

Good luck to those going for the second batch. I hope the stock lasts a good bit longer then, but considering morning batches usually get like 70% of the total stock, I'm doubtful. This just backs up my point that LRG is still underestimating demand. I haven't looked on Twitter or anything yet, but I have a feeling today's sale is gonna be another one that leaves a lot of people angry.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Open preorders for standard copies of Night Trap on Switch have started, and it's also the day for Observer and Magicka 2 for PS4, along with a finite quantity of Night Trap CEs and other Night Trap merch.

After a big order with LRG last Friday, I'm enjoying a break from Vita releases, and next Friday will be a break for everybody.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Nothing for me. On average everything looks better, but there are much better games in each genre elsewhere. If LRG gets The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 1 and 2 I'll be interested in a Diablo clone.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Does anybody know if there's something up with the LRG forums, like if registration is closed or something? I finally tried to register over there, but I have to receive an email to activate my new account. It's been a day and nothing, not even in my spam folder, and it's the same email I use for their store and newsletter and such and never have issues receiving the emails from those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Does anybody know if there's something up with the LRG forums, like if registration is closed or something? I finally tried to register over there, but I have to receive an email to activate my new account. It's been a day and nothing, not even in my spam folder, and it's the same email I use for their store and newsletter and such and never have issues receiving the emails from those.
    I tried to register some months ago and had the same result. I never bothered to dig into it.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Today Thumper for Switch and PS4 and Hue for Vita and PS4 are up for sale, with open preorders for all standard copies of Thumper. I believe it's also the last day to order Night Trap for Switch.

I just grabbed a Vita copy of Hue, and I'm annoyed that LRG is once again not thinking about Vita collectors and selling two individual Vita games only one week apart. There is no good reason not to sell Hue and Exile's End on the same day, especially when LRG basically has nothing in hand anymore anyway.

I've also had no luck in getting on their forum. I've tried having them resend the activation email a couple times, which resulted in nothing, and then I tried contacting support, but it seems like they're just ignoring my ticket.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Today Exile's End for PS4 and Vita, Everspace for PS4, and Bastion for PS4 and Vita have been put up for sale. Bastion and Everspace are open preorders, but Exile's End has the usual finite quantities. There's still some stuff left from last week available too.

I grabbed Vita copies of Exile's End and Bastion myself.
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 07-27-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Since,bastion preorders will be open until the august of 26th i may buy a copy.I didn't buy any of LRG releases this past spring&summer.Bastion physical release is the one i wanted the most to happen.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Is Bastion even as good as people say it is? It was one of the earliest games in the indie boom and was showered with constant praise, but you know how people are. They'll just follow anything that's hyped up, and Bastion was at one point exclusive which when only one fanbase can play something it instantly makes it better. Final Fantasy 3 and Type 0 for instance were praised to no end and were some of the best RPGs you've you've never played, until they got an official release in the west and then everyone realized what sh** they were.

So just wondering, anyone play Bastion when it didn't have all this hype behind it when it later released on other consoles? Did you still think the game was great. From what it looks like gameplay wise is it's a simplistic hack and slash with little to really offer other than some stylish graphics.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I remember really disliking Bastion. But since I am after a complete Vita LRG set, I don't have a choice...

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Only Oxenfree for Switch today, and unlike the previous Switch releases, this one doesn't appear to have a CE. If I'm not mistaken, it's also the last day to order Thumper.