Page 15 of 63 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

The Sharin no Kuni Kickstarter hit its Vita stretch goal. LRG will sell standard copies of the game on their own site eventually, but if you want the Kickstarter-exclusive cover, you have a little over two days to back.

LRG also got on board with Plague Road:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...strategy-game/

No stretch goal needed to be hit here. The game just needs to hit its base goal and physical copies are a go. It's less than $4,000 to that at this point in time with 8 days to go, so the odds seem good. Like Sharin no Kuni, standard copies will eventually be on the LRG site, but backers of the Kickstarter campaign will get an exclusive cover.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Lone Survivor is up today, in bundles with the soundtrack and without. Grabbed just a regular Vita copy myself. I had to keep reminding myself of this sale for the last few days since having it between Christmas and New Year's makes it easily forgotten, in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Aqua Kitty DX and Oxenfree are up now. Managed to get all three, sans the music Cd versions.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I grabbed Oxenfree and the Vita version of Aqua Kitty. I also tried their new hold service for combining shipping, even though it feels kinda pointless for domestic orders. With the fees at each step, I won't even see a discount until my third order, which will only be a couple bucks saved at that, and considering you can only hold items for one month, three orders may be all I get to squeeze in before shipment is mandatory. (Next run is next Friday, the following Friday has nothing, and then there are some games on February 17. Nobody knows yet if anything will be up on February 24, but if they're going to be strict about the four week rule, then that'd be one day past four weeks anyway.)

They're also starting their customer loyalty thing with this batch. I wish it could be retroactive in some way to some degree. It kinda stinks for those of us who have been supporting LRG from day one and bought every single game, especially people like me who have started to cut back (passing on PS4 versions of games that also have a Vita version).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

They NEED to release a physical copy of salt and sanctuary for vita-ps4

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone play any of these games? Or are they just shelf trophies?

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

The only one I've played through to completion so far is Xeodrifter (it helps that it's a very short game). But I've bought every Vita release and opened and played at least a little of every single one so far. I've bought all the games that were PS4-exclusive as well, and most have been opened and played now (I only just recently got a PS4).

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    They NEED to release a physical copy of salt and sanctuary for vita-ps4
    They already signed a deal to do so. It's just a matter of waiting for the Vita port to come out, since it's not even available digitally yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    (passing on PS4 versions of games that also have a Vita version).
    I've not kept up with the current generation of consoles and have zero awareness of the Vita.
    What is the benefit of buying Vita games over PS4? Can they be played on a TV with a PS4 controller also?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    Anyone play any of these games? Or are they just shelf trophies?
    I play them when I get around to them, just like any traditional release. Problem is, new game comes along and if it wasn't something I was really hyped about playing asap, it'll just get pushed further and further in the backlog the more new content comes out. The last three LRG titles I've purchased I've opened and played have been the Shantae games and One Way Heroics, but everything prior to that is still sealed despite my interest. I don't purchase too many LRG titles though. I only purchase games I think will be good enough to stay in my collection. Games like FF15 I bought day one I sold as soon as I completed it, but Watch Dogs and The Order 1886 were a lot better than internet reviews and impressions made them out to be. I'd like to go into the whole rant about hype, anti-hype, and bs journalism being the reason why a lot of games sell and others don't, but I'd go way off topic. So LRG that I haven't yet played that I own are Saturday Morning RPG, Oddworld New and Tasty, Rainbow Moon, Shadow Complex, and Dragon Fantasy 2. Except for SMRPG, I own the PS4 and Vita versions of all releases where applicable. Once Cosmic Star Heroine comes out I'll buy two copies of each and will play the game on PS4, super hyped about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Koa Zo View Post
    I've not kept up with the current generation of consoles and have zero awareness of the Vita.
    What is the benefit of buying Vita games over PS4? Can they be played on a TV with a PS4 controller also?
    They can, as long as you have a PSTV. The only reason I buy them though is because I bought the Vita day one(and a second one off Craigslist,) and the pitiful line up of exclusives have made me really disappointed in the system. So I've been buying up any game that seems like it's more tailor made for the Vita, so I can actually own a decent amount of games for the system, despite most of them just being ports of PS3 or PS4 games. I'd honestly recommend a 3DS over the Vita for people who are into retail games, but if you want a portable and you're a fan of digital, the Vita is the best money can buy, and then find a PSTV for cheap(probably can be easily found for $40 new on Ebay,) and you can play those games anywhere whether they're retail or digital copies. Don't get me wrong though, Vita has some great retail games, even some great retail exclusives(losing them by the day too, Wipeout 2048 is no longer exclusive later this year when it lands on the PS4,) and it's much less of a disappointment to me than the Wii U, but I judge systems by everything I can play, so even though I stiill buy these multiconsole games on the Vita, 90% of the library can be played somewhere else and I don't play it very often when I just play the other consoles/poirtables instead.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Koa Zo View Post
    There isn't really any benefit, it's just my personal preference. Many of LRG's Vita releases are PSTV compatible (some aren't), but I don't even have a PSTV myself. I've never been one to particularly crave playing my handheld games on a TV. I never bothered using TV out with my PSP, I never bought a Game Boy Player for GameCube, and though I did buy a Super Game Boy in the 2000s for a few bucks, I've barely used the thing. Meanwhile, I've surely sunk hundreds of hours playing GB/GBC games on my GBA SP.

As for why I pass on the PS4 versions and get the Vita versions, first, it was just a matter of practicality. I owned a Vita before LRG even existed, but I didn't get a PS4 until about a month ago. For a while there, I was buying PS4 games that I couldn't even play. Then there's the fact that the Vita is a more collectible system. The PS4 is hugely successful and gets loads of games. Sony more or less abandoned the Vita, and now it's all about niche games. While it gets a steady stream of US releases, there aren't tons. Even after all these years, I believe there are still only around 200 physical US releases. If I was ever so inclined to go for a full set, I would be way more likely to do that with the Vita than the PS4, hence I'd rather get the rarest releases when their cheap than at inflated prices on the used market years down the road. Then there's just the fact that I'd like more to play on Vita, as I'm really fond of the system. Not that I'm really lacking there, my Vita backlog is already over 50 games deep, haha. Lastly, since most of LRG's releases are indies, and most are relatively simplistic games, there's no performance benefit to playing them on PS4. They run the same on either, and personally, I think these sorts of simple games are better suited to handhelds rather than today's home consoles. I don't care to have a simple retro-style 2D game on a massive HD screen, running on hardware designed for huge AAA games. Like when LRG released the second and third Shantae games, just on PS4, I personally wish I could play them on Vita instead. And they've got Rabi-Ribi coming in the future, which is a 2D Metroid-style game, and while I already have the game on Steam, I think I'll enjoy it even more as a handheld game.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Today's the day for Curses 'N Chaos and The Swapper, though the morning batch will probably be sold out before I hit submit on this post.

Some exciting announcements lately too. The Swindle is coming soon and Forma.8 was announced right before today's games went up, but the best announcement, in my opinion, is a physical print run of DariusBurst: Chronicle Saviours. Given the digital price, though, it's definitely going to be a standard price PS4 release. There is also going to be a LE of it, so I'm guessing that'll be at least $70. No word yet if the LE will be a preorder like the previous LEs they've done or not. The one disappointing thing is that, even though it was released for Vita on PSN in the US, Degica, the game's publisher, didn't want to do a physical print run of the Vita version, and even LRG doesn't know why.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Today's the day for Curses 'N Chaos and The Swapper, though the morning batch will probably be sold out before I hit submit on this post.

Some exciting announcements lately too. The Swindle is coming soon and Forma.8 was announced right before today's games went up, but the best announcement, in my opinion, is a physical print run of DariusBurst: Chronicle Saviours. Given the digital price, though, it's definitely going to be a standard price PS4 release. There is also going to be a LE of it, so I'm guessing that'll be at least $70. No word yet if the LE will be a preorder like the previous LEs they've done or not. The one disappointing thing is that, even though it was released for Vita on PSN in the US, Degica, the game's publisher, didn't want to do a physical print run of the Vita version, and even LRG doesn't know why.
    A few updates. DariusBurst is not going to be a preorder and the release price of the LE is likely at least $100 while the standard is $60. Also, LRG are going to go back to Degica and inquire about the Vita. According to an LRG post this morning, they brought it up early on with Degica and were ignored, but they basically didn't want to push their luck by bringing it up again once the negotiations on the PS4 version happened.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Thanks for the updates. I'm glad to hear that there's still some chance of a physical Vita version. I'd definitely rather pay $40 for a Vita release than $60 for a PS4 release, especially when I'd rather play it on Vita anyway. Though it's always possible that, even if they do choose to do a Vita print run, the LE might still be exclusive to the PS4 version, leaving me to choose between either getting the LE or my preferred platform.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I only pick up ones that interest me. I kind of was low-key wanting Stranger's Wrath but I missed out. It's okay because I have it on OUYA, though. Jumped on Skullgirls on Vita ASAP because I love the hell outta that game. Curses 'N Chaos looked a'ight so I got that.
    Looking for:
    Chūka Taisen (Cloud Master) manuals
    Monon Color + games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

If anyone missed the email from LRG, they have just announced; with less than 24 hours to go, that LRG will be producing the CA$100 tier boxsets, OST, physical artbook, and dual physical PC & PS4 limited edition for the Sundered Kickstarter.
    The CA$100 tier description can't be updated but the details of the upgrades are on the campaign page.

Thanks for these replies about whether Vita games can be played on PS4. I don't have much interest in handheld and never looked at Vita, but then I noticed the Vita games were selling out faster than the PS4 version, so I was curious why they seem to be in higher demand.

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    They can, as long as you have a PSTV. The only reason I buy them though is because I bought the Vita day one(and a second one off Craigslist,) and the pitiful line up of exclusives have made me really disappointed in the system. So I've been buying up any game that seems like it's more tailor made for the Vita, so I can actually own a decent amount of games for the system, despite most of them just being ports of PS3 or PS4 games. I'd honestly recommend a 3DS over the Vita for people who are into retail games, but if you want a portable and you're a fan of digital, the Vita is the best money can buy, and then find a PSTV for cheap(probably can be easily found for $40 new on Ebay,) and you can play those games anywhere whether they're retail or digital copies. Don't get me wrong though, Vita has some great retail games, even some great retail exclusives(losing them by the day too, Wipeout 2048 is no longer exclusive later this year when it lands on the PS4,) and it's much less of a disappointment to me than the Wii U, but I judge systems by everything I can play, so even though I stiill buy these multiconsole games on the Vita, 90% of the library can be played somewhere else and I don't play it very often when I just play the other consoles/poirtables instead.

There isn't really any benefit, it's just my personal preference. Many of LRG's Vita releases are PSTV compatible (some aren't), but I don't even have a PSTV myself. I've never been one to particularly crave playing my handheld games on a TV. I never bothered using TV out with my PSP, I never bought a Game Boy Player for GameCube, and though I did buy a Super Game Boy in the 2000s for a few bucks, I've barely used the thing. Meanwhile, I've surely sunk hundreds of hours playing GB/GBC games on my GBA SP.

As for why I pass on the PS4 versions and get the Vita versions, first, it was just a matter of practicality. I owned a Vita before LRG even existed, but I didn't get a PS4 until about a month ago. For a while there, I was buying PS4 games that I couldn't even play. Then there's the fact that the Vita is a more collectible system. The PS4 is hugely successful and gets loads of games. Sony more or less abandoned the Vita, and now it's all about niche games. While it gets a steady stream of US releases, there aren't tons. Even after all these years, I believe there are still only around 200 physical US releases. If I was ever so inclined to go for a full set, I would be way more likely to do that with the Vita than the PS4, hence I'd rather get the rarest releases when their cheap than at inflated prices on the used market years down the road. Then there's just the fact that I'd like more to play on Vita, as I'm really fond of the system. Not that I'm really lacking there, my Vita backlog is already over 50 games deep, haha. Lastly, since most of LRG's releases are indies, and most are relatively simplistic games, there's no performance benefit to playing them on PS4. They run the same on either, and personally, I think these sorts of simple games are better suited to handhelds rather than today's home consoles. I don't care to have a simple retro-style 2D game on a massive HD screen, running on hardware designed for huge AAA games. Like when LRG released the second and third Shantae games, just on PS4, I personally wish I could play them on Vita instead. And they've got Rabi-Ribi coming in the future, which is a 2D Metroid-style game, and while I already have the game on Steam, I think I'll enjoy it even more as a handheld game.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

There's gonna be a standard PS4 version of Sundered on LRG's website eventually too, but yeah, anybody who wants the LE set, the physical PC release, and/or the Kickstarter-exclusive cover for the PS4 release should back the Kickstarter.

For me, since I'm more interested in collecting Vita than PS4 or PC, I think I'll just wait for the standard Sundered, even though I did back the Kickstarter campaigns for Sharin no Kuni and Plague Road for their exclusive covers.

This is a little off-topic, but PS4 and Vita collectors should also take a look at the Kickstarter campaign for Aegis: Innocence:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...egis-innocence

LRG has been receptive to the developer, but they won't sign the deal until a game is further along in development. The developer says that, if they reach their goal, no matter what, they're going to make physical PS4 and Vita copies, even if not through LRG. It'd either be just for the Kickstarter backers, or assuming LRG was on board, the Kickstarter backers would get an exclusive cover variant, just like with Plague Road and Sharin no Kuni. Honestly, I'm not too hopeful that they'll hit their goal at all at this point, but I backed for a physical copy anyway just in case they do.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I would've liked to give you guys a heads up about the morning batch of The Swindle and Dear Esther, but this batch is already completely sold out. Anybody who missed them will have to wait until 6pm ET.

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD playing cards are ready to go out too, so if you ordered that game, you're entitled to at least one pack for free. It's a little convoluted to redeem them, though. On the store, they're priced very high to discourage anybody from actually trying to buy them outright, and in your email, you should have a coupon code that will subtract off the price of the cards. You'll have to pay shipping if you want to get the cards by themselves, but you can always add them to an order you're making anyway and see no increase to the shipping cost. The codes are good till April 14, so you can wait a little bit if The Swindle and Dear Esther don't interest you, though we don't know what'll be coming out over the next couple months just yet.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Runner2 is up today, and the morning batch is nearly sold out. The bundles with the PAX variant cover went ridiculously fast. I grabbed a Vita bundle, and they were sold out in literally 2 minutes. The PS4 bundle sold out a couple minutes after that. I assume there are going to be more of the bundles at 6pm ET, but you never know with these special variants.

As for LRG news lately, the most exciting thing, in my opinion, was the announcement of Ray Gigant for Vita. It's both a Japanese game and industry-made, so that's pretty rare for LRG. It's $30 on PSN, so it's going to be a full-priced $40 game from LRG, which makes sense because it's from Experience, the same developer behind other Vita dungeon-crawling RPGs like Demon Gaze, Operation Abyss, and Stranger of Sword City, which were all full price. Though I hear this game is more of a visual novel than a dungeon crawler, which works just fine for me, but fair warning for the VN haters out there.
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 03-17-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did these people release Axiom Verge for Vita? Or anyone know how to obtain physical? I'm not about that "limited rare" shit.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

LRG tried to get Axiom Verge, but they were shot down. Turns out BadLand Game got the deal to publish physical copies:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/02/...-release-2017/

PS4, Vita, and Wii U versions are due out Q2 2017. Other platforms may come later. They say it's getting a "retail edition", so I assume that mean it should be widely available, from stores like GameStop and Amazon and such. At least I hope that's what happens, but it concerns me that BadLand Games is located in Spain. It'd suck if Americans would have to import to get a physical copy.