Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    Do you have a reference/link to the article?
    The article has since removed the quote. Basically someone tweeted at LRG asking why they don't do Nintendo games. Another person replied to the tweet "If Nintendo weren't such dicks, LRG would have done it." Then a news site quoted the tweet in an article.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I actually learned of Saturday Morning RPG because of LRG, but I'm probably more ignorant of the indie game scene than most people who play them. I've got too huge of a backlog of physical games to care about digital-only games unless they're heavily discounted and/or something I'm dying to play. LRG has definitely made me more aware of these kinds of games in general and their physical releases. I didn't even know the physical Vita run of Retro City Rampage happened until after LRG came into existence, but now I'm on top of every niche Vita physical run. People who talk about LRG releases also usually bring to people's attention releases from Fangamer, Badland Games, Gaijinworks, Vblank, Special Reserve Games, Signature Edition Games, Play-Asia, etc. I also pay more attention to digital releases because it's actually realistic to imagine them receiving physical print runs. There have been a number of games now that caught my interest, that I may have imported to have a physical copy or bought digitally on sale, and I thought to myself "I'm gonna wait and see if LRG or a similar company picks this up for physical release". Lo and behold, they did get physical runs, and I'm so happy that we've reached a point where, with Sony platforms at least, basically everything has a shot of coming out physically.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Less than 10 minutes till the first batch of Lili and N++ go up for sale.
    Did you mean by LRG or by the resellers?

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Hardy har har

Edit: Also, yesssssss, I totally called it, next Friday's mystery RPG is one of Kemco's retro-style RPGs: Asdivine Hearts. I knew I was being smart by holding off on Kemco's Vita releases. If they had remained digital-only, I would've picked them up on sale eventually, just like I did with the PSP ones, End of Serenity and Mystic Chronicles, but I had a feeling that LRG might pick them up. I hope this means we'll get Revenant Saga in due time too.
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 08-18-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

A Kemco RPG? LRG was doing so well there releasing games that were actually worth getting. Kemco RPGs are dime a dozen RPGs, and when I say dime a dozen, it's because Kemco pushes out a new one every single month(on cell phones.) The games pretty much control alike, they all look alike, and the battle systems might be different, but they still give off the same feel. These RPGs are some of the absolute worst I've played, and if it wasn't that they were giving some of them away for free for a limited time due to reaching over a couple million sales, I never would have played them. These games do little more than put a stain on the RPG genre and LRG is partnering with them to release this garbage. Not Square Enix with any of the Romancing SaGa games, I Am Setsuna, or Adventures of Mana, not with 2K with either XCOM Enemy Unknown + and Civilization, which are strategy games on the Vita not on the RPG(also $1 on the 2K PS Humble Bundle btw,) but with Kemco for their trash JRPGs. Thanks, LRG!
    Last edited by kupomogli; 08-18-2017 at 03:01 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

lol ok

You don't have to tell me what Kemco's RPGs are like. I've bought them, played them, had fun with them, and have been wanting them to come out physically. So people like myself don't deserve to have the option to buy them physically because the great kupomogli, in all his self-centered wisdom, decrees that they're trash? Well, it's a good thing that your say doesn't amount to shit, as I'll be on LRG's site next Friday happily buying Asdivine Hearts along with Ys Origin. I think it's one of the best release days for LRG in months.

Also, you clearly aren't playing these games if you think they all look alike. I mean, for crying out loud, some of them use 3D graphics while others are fully 2D. On what planet does that equal "they all look alike"? Similarly, you have to be bonkers if you think it'd be just as easy for LRG to get Square Enix's digital-only games as Kemco's. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why LRG hasn't had any luck getting Square Enix's games. It's not for lack of trying.
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 08-18-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

lol ok

You don't have to tell me what Kemco's RPGs are like. I've bought them, played them, had fun with them, and have been wanting them to come out physically. So people like myself don't deserve to have the option to buy them physically because the great kupomogli, in all his self-centered wisdom, decrees that they're trash? Well, it's a good thing that your say doesn't amount to shit, as I'll be on LRG's site next Friday happily buying Asdivine Hearts along with Ys Origin. I think it's one of the best release days for LRG in months.

Also, you clearly aren't playing these games if you think they all look alike. I mean, for crying out loud, some of them use 3D graphics while others are fully 2D. On what planet does that equal "they all look alike"? Similarly, you have to be bonkers if you think it'd be just as easy for LRG to get Square Enix's digital-only games as Kemco's. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why LRG hasn't had any luck getting Square Enix's games. It's not for lack of trying.
    What I think is most amusing about Kupomogli, my second favorite troll in this thread, is that he uses the same name on the LRG forums and he couldn't be nicer or more respectful, especially when he gets a little attention from the LRG team. Here he just spews garbage and hatred against LRG. I mean he literally posted a greatly toned down version of what he posted here on LRG's forums just moments ago, but prefaced it by saying he is planning on buying the game. So, he's either a coward or suffers from mental issues, not really sure which at this point.
    Last edited by Bojay1997; 08-18-2017 at 04:15 PM.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

He's been banned on enough other forums that he knows exactly where to draw the line short of being hit by the ban hammer, hence why he's gotten away with being a rude, trolling nuisance on this board for years without getting the boot.

The most hilarious part to me is the "LRG was doing so well there releasing games that were actually worth getting" line. Wasn't he the first to go on and on about how Night Trap is shovelware and that LRG shouldn't have picked it up? But now he's zipped his lip on that because there's no arguing with the high demand that release had and the fact that it was a good choice for LRG, both in making money and for providing a game that people were eager to own physically (too good even, since they should've manufactured a lot more copies).

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    What I think is most amusing about Kupomogli, my second favorite troll in this thread, is that he uses the same name on the LRG forums and he couldn't be nicer or more respectful, especially when he gets a little attention from the LRG team. Here he just spews garbage and hatred against LRG. I mean he literally posted a greatly toned down version of what he posted here on LRG's forums just moments ago, but prefaced it by saying he is planning on buying the game. So, he's either a coward or suffers from mental issues, not really sure which at this point.
    While kupomogli according to you suffers from mental issues, is a coward, or in need of therapy and lingers too much around in forums, may I ask who is your favorite troll in this thread?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

He's been banned on enough other forums that he knows exactly where to draw the line short of being hit by the ban hammer, hence why he's gotten away with being a rude, trolling nuisance on this board for years without getting the boot.

The most hilarious part to me is the "LRG was doing so well there releasing games that were actually worth getting" line. Wasn't he the first to go on and on about how Night Trap is shovelware and that LRG shouldn't have picked it up? But now he's zipped his lip on that because there's no arguing with the high demand that release had and the fact that it was a good choice for LRG, both in making money and for providing a game that people were eager to own physically (too good even, since they should've manufactured a lot more copies).
    I didn't get Night Trap, and I've made it clear in other threads. Made my opinion clear in other threads.

When I said LRG was doing so well, was that lately I have purchased quite a few of their games. Starting from Furi, I've purchased Bard's Gold, Rive, Oceanhorn, Neurovoider, WonderBoy, and N++, and will be purchasing Ys Origins. I'm only purchasing the Kemco RPG because RPGs tend to be more highly sought after as a genre than others. It seems to me that people who play a lot of RPGs also tend to collect these games. I'd say finding an RPG fan that collects mostly that genre would be more common than finding an FPS fan who mostly collects that genre despite RPG being more niche than the FPS genre.

Also, my post over there isn't much different than my post here, I just didn't copy and paste it to say the exact same thing and created a new post. The only thing I didn't state was that Kemco RPGs put a stain on the RPG genre, that LRG releases a dime a dozen Kemco RPG instead of a Square Enix or 2K game, but otherwise the post mostly came across the same aside from the very beginning which I stated I'm still getting the game due to resale value. I did put here that they release every month, over there every one, two, or three, because really every month is an exegeration, but all I know is they really shovel this garbage out.

If you two are going to stalk me on the other forum, then why not be a bit more realistic? I mean some pages ago Bojay stated how I bash LRG there as I do over here, now you two see a post that looks slightly nicer than it looks over here and I couldn't be any nicer. I shouldn't even have to defend myself, but here's another recent post that I made in the N++ Ultimate Edition thread, because N++ is another game I was interested in picking up.

I completely agree, they know it's coming and if LRG really cares about preserving physical as they say they do, then why not just wait since there's six other games releasing this month as it is. I'll pick up as many games that they release that interest me, and this is one I will pick up, but I think it's more about the money. I guess the only thing that makes me feel apologetic about it is atleast it has over 2000 levels, but at the same time, it's still an incomplete game and it doesn't have to be if they'd just wait until releasing it.
    People throw "troll" out when it's less that the person is actually being a troll, but rather other people that are offended that this so called troll doesn't have their same opinion. I make it quite clear in my signature that everything in any of my posts are opinion unless stated otherwise, and you guys are offended that my opinion isn't the same as yours, so automatically I'm a troll. I'm not pushing anything on you that these opinions are fact, another thing that people like to throw out there when they don't like someone elses opinion, that oh noes, that person's opinion is different, he's trying to force his opinion on us. Usually after making the post I don't press the issue.

*edit*

With as few comments as I've made in this thread and as many comments as both of you have made in this same thread, reiterating your same opinion, like it will change lendelin's opinion for example, I could just as well say you guys are trolls. Also, how many names have I been called in this thread from Bojay besides troll? Have I called you guys any names trying to get any of my points across? Who's the troll, really? Oh wait, I just called you guys trolls by saying that. I'm a troll, nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 08-18-2017 at 08:05 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    While kupomogli according to you suffers from mental issues, is a coward, or in need of therapy and lingers too much around in forums, may I ask who is your favorite troll in this thread?
    Why that would be you Professor Blowhard. Posting the same wall of text over and over and over again to an audience that overwhelmingly doesn't agree with you and doesn't care. But hey, keep on doing what you're doing because it's certainly easier than trying to make actual change in the world or accepting that you don't have to constantly crap all over things people like just because you don't like them.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I didn't get Night Trap, and I've made it clear in other threads. Made my opinion clear in other threads.

When I said LRG was doing so well, was that lately I have purchased quite a few of their games. Starting from Furi, I've purchased Bard's Gold, Rive, Oceanhorn, Neurovoider, WonderBoy, and N++, and will be purchasing Ys Origins. I'm only purchasing the Kemco RPG because RPGs tend to be more highly sought after as a genre than others. It seems to me that people who play a lot of RPGs also tend to collect these games. I'd say finding an RPG fan that collects mostly that genre would be more common than finding an FPS fan who mostly collects that genre despite RPG being more niche than the FPS genre.

Also, my post over there isn't much different than my post here, I just didn't copy and paste it to say the exact same thing and created a new post. The only thing I didn't state was that Kemco RPGs put a stain on the RPG genre, that LRG releases a dime a dozen Kemco RPG instead of a Square Enix or 2K game, but otherwise the post mostly came across the same aside from the very beginning which I stated I'm still getting the game due to resale value. I did put here that they release every month, over there every one, two, or three, because really every month is an exegeration, but all I know is they really shovel this garbage out.

If you two are going to stalk me on the other forum, then why not be a bit more realistic? I mean some pages ago Bojay stated how I bash LRG there as I do over here, now you two see a post that looks slightly nicer than it looks over here and I couldn't be any nicer. I shouldn't even have to defend myself, but here's another recent post that I made in the N++ Ultimate Edition thread, because N++ is another game I was interested in picking up.

People throw "troll" out when it's less that the person is actually being a troll, but rather other people that are offended that this so called troll doesn't have their same opinion. I make it quite clear in my signature that everything in any of my posts are opinion unless stated otherwise, and you guys are offended that my opinion isn't the same as yours, so automatically I'm a troll. I'm not pushing anything on you that these opinions are fact, another thing that people like to throw out there when they don't like someone elses opinion, that oh noes, that person's opinion is different, he's trying to force his opinion on us. Usually after making the post I don't press the issue.
    Nope. A troll is someone that intentionally tries to instigate arguments or discord for no actual reason other than they like to watch the results of their unwanted and inappropriate assertions of their opinions in places they don't belong. I mean this thread was started so that people could share information about LRG releases and talk about their experiences buying and playing LRG games. You and a couple of other forum members have now repeatedly derailed the thread to bitch and complain about things like the LRG business model or the titles they have chosen to release and a variety of other complaints the rest of us don't care about at all. You and Lendelin in particular also have repeatedly engaged in condescending tirades that either overtly or subtly paint those of us who buy LRG games as stupid sheep or OCD collectors when in fact many of us just enjoy the added choice of being able to buy digital games that had no hope release in physical form prior to LRG. I mean you're literally like the loudmouth who shows up at a kid's birthday party and wants to start talking politics or religion. You have a right to do so, but even people who may agree with you don't want to hear it in that kind of environment. This thread is literally becoming toxic and what's worse, you guys aren't even raising new points anymore, but just recycling the same ones day after day and release after release. I would really appreciate it if you would just take it elsewhere as nobody here is interested in having a debate with you or anyone else about the merits of LRG, its business model or anything else that you want to keep raising here.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    If you two are going to stalk me on the other forum, then why not be a bit more realistic? I mean some pages ago Bojay stated how I bash LRG there as I do over here, now you two see a post that looks slightly nicer than it looks over here and I couldn't be any nicer.

*edit*

With as few comments as I've made in this thread and as many comments as both of you have made in this same thread, reiterating your same opinion, like it will change lendelin's opinion for example, I could just as well say you guys are trolls. Also, how many names have I been called in this thread from Bojay besides troll? Have I called you guys any names trying to get any of my points across? Who's the troll, really? Oh wait, I just called you guys trolls by saying that. I'm a troll, nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
    You really need to work on your reading comprehension. You keep saying "you two", but I don't even visit the LRG forum. I have never seen any of your posts over there and gave zero indication that I had.

I call people trolls when they quite literally exhibit a pattern of textbook trolling behavior. Not for any other reason. Even Merriam-Webster has a definition for trolling these days:

"to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content"

It's laughable to suggest that I have a problem with game-related opinions that differ from my own. I regularly point out my indifference to people not liking games I like or vice versa, even in this topic. I don't think Night Trap is a good game either, but do you see me whining about LRG releasing it or wishing that the thousands of people who did want it were denied the opportunity to buy it? Or insulting them by saying that they're bad at games and can't tolerate a challenge so that's why they like games with minimal gameplay like FMV games, "walking simulators", and visual novels? No, I'm happy for them. I'm happy that they're getting something they want and will enjoy. And since I don't want to blow tons of money on LRG anyway, I'm perfectly happy for there to be releases here and there that I can skip with no remorse. That's how a decent, respectful human being behaves, as opposed to trolling behavior. What I do have a problem with is people who act rude and entitled, like the universe revolves around them and everything that isn't appealing to them would be better not existing at all. If somebody can't comprehend nor respect that different people have different tastes and different wants, and everybody's views and wants are equal (assuming they cause no harm to others), then, sorry, they're a troll.

P.S.: I started this topic and post in it mostly to share info, so give me a break with this feeble attempt at making it look like I've been stirring up trouble.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Nope. A troll is someone that intentionally tries to instigate arguments or discord for no actual reason other than they like to watch the results of their unwanted and inappropriate assertions of their opinions in places they don't belong.
    I responded giving my opinion about the newest announcement. If I never played any Kemco RPGs on Android and didn't know how they were, I would have never made the comment I did, the fact that I did play Kemco RPG and had the opinion that these RPGs were trash, I thought I'd give my opinion on those and that I think this release is more than likely trash. My post was only my opinion, your posts that followed behind mine was several responses both trashing my opinion and calling me names. And hey, if being a troll is to "instigate a response," well, I guess you're right, because I did reply specifically because both of your responses.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Now you're just playing naive. Your whole rant about Kemco RPGs boiled down to "LRG shouldn't be releasing these games", which in turn implies to hell with all the people who do like them and do want them. Or are you really so lacking in social sense that you can't comprehend the difference between your rant and somebody saying something like "I don't like Kemco's RPGs, so I'll wait for the next game"? You can even use harsher language than that and still convey that same message. But, no, you expect to be catered to with every single release and complain to high heaven when you're not. It reminds me of how every time an otome game is announced straight male gamers throw a fit that it wasn't the millionth game with cute girls instead.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why that would be you Professor Blowhard. Posting the same wall of text over and over and over again to an audience that overwhelmingly doesn't agree with you and doesn't care. But hey, keep on doing what you're doing because it's certainly easier than trying to make actual change in the world or accepting that you don't have to constantly crap all over things people like just because you don't like them.

Businessguy, you are a moron. I mean that very seriously and honestly. If I look at the posts in this thread, then I recognize only one troll, and that is you. You are posting inflammatory, nonsensical stuff and personal attacks as soon as someone disagrees with you. You are going berserk as soon as someone critisizes LR.

This is my first response to you in this thread after you attacked a fellow DP-member:

"Worse is the fact, however, that you engage in completely unreasonable and nonsensical personal attacks. If a guy reacts to very normal posts by accusing others as narrow-minded, obnoxious and claims to speak for everyone and even suggests therapy and a break from forums, isn't that...lemme think...narrow-minded, obnoxious, overly engaged in forums and in need of therapy? "

You called others narrow-minded, in need of therapy, obnoxious, cowardly and having mental issues, and then you directed these wonderful personal attacks also towards me, suddenly I was narrow-minded, in need of a more productive life, telling others becasue I just don't like them, and now you reached the behavioral level and humor-level of a 12 year old. Are you serious?

First you posted some of the stupidest things I read online in a long time (like Soedesco might be governement funded and other nonsense), then you suggested instead of critisizing LR I should found my own publishing company (I was really happy that I didn't critisize VW, otherwise you would have demanded to start a car manufacturing company), then you relied on completely unfounded stupid personal attacks.

You are the troll par excellence! Your posts are inflammatory, consist of personal attacks, are at times irrelevant, and truly offensive to anyone who has his head screwed on the right way. Don't you think that it is trolling to post inflammatory stupidities just in order to suppress a very normal discussion? Don't you think it is trolling to fall back to childish humor like 'Professor Blowhard' and 'let adults speak'? And what is this babble about 'changing the world?' Are you nuts? And how can someone who is right in his mind say I critisize people just because I don't like them? And what about this business-babble, "I'm a businessman, you are not a businesman, you all are not businessmen, did you ever try to get a loan?" To calculate and recognize fix costs and variable costs isn't rocket science! I can tell you one thing: if you ever had a business, it wasn't a successful one considering your intelligence level. Don't get angry now because I'm right, ok?

I responded to a post of celerystalker, there is no 'trolling' there. I didn't adress you because the level of intelligence of the discourse with you wasn't - let's say - desirable. I responded in a civil way, celerystalker responded in a civil way. There were no insults, inflammatory insinuations, no personal attacks. It is possible to have discussions this way if no-one claims to own the eternal truth. You, however, introduce insults as soon someone shows you that your 'reasoning' isn't the smartest one.

I don't care if someone disagrees with me, disagreements are very normal, I only evaluate the reasoning without insults. If a reasoning doesn't make sense, I call it nonsense. That's not a personal attack. It seems that you have to learn (you should have done that a long time ago as a teenager) that if someone offers a more convincing explanation, you should start activating your brain and not behave like a 12 year old with bad humor.

Don't you realize that you discredit yourself? Just the above quote is stupid, at times it's even nuts to a level that I was concerned. You take this discussion way too seriously, this is not a life and death-issue, it is a discussion about a game company which will be almost forgotten in ten years. It is unimportant. I had to make two important decisions today, this discussion is nothing compared to them.

I suspected that there is something wrong with you the first time when I read a post by you. I was right.

Since you evaluate the character and personalities of others constantly without even knowing them, the following is my evaluation about you, this first post by you was a nice self-characterization:

"If a guy reacts to very normal posts by accusing others as narrow-minded, obnoxious and claims to speak for everyone and even suggests therapy and a break from forums, isn't that...lemme think...narrow-minded, obnoxious, overly engaged in forums and in need of therapy? "

I don't recommend therapy, but certainly a break from forums and from being online, I KNOW that you are lurking around in way too many forums. Don't take online discussions too seroiusly, take a deep breath, think before you hit the enter button, and keep a cool head. This way reasonable guys might start to take you seriously again.

Just do me one favor: post one more time, get your anger out of the system, but then ignore me. I'll ignore you. I didn't adress you for a long time, let's leave at that. At times you seem so angry and take evrything so personal that it is a bit scary. I don't like big noises about nothing. And I don't like this level of utter irrationality and stupidity.

Greetings, Professor Blowhard (please, you adult, continue your conversations with other adults!) (I mean...seriously? Aren't you embarrassed?)
    Last edited by lendelin; 08-18-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

But, no, you expect to be catered to with every single release and complain to high heaven when you're not.
    So you should be able to find me ranting about Jotun, Plague Road, etc, right? I actually didn't conplain in this thread about either one of those releases. Now I did look up gameplay of both, as well as reviews of Jotun before purchase and neither interested me. Plague Road looked like a pretty bad game, while Jotun didn't look especially good and seemed like a short adventure I wouldn't ever go back to once finishing it. So no, I'm not expected to be catered to every single release and I don't complain every time when I'm not.

When you stated Furi wasn't for you, I didn't say anything about it. I was stunned that you said you didn't like the music to Furi and that it didn't interest you, sure, but I didn't say anything about it. Maybe I should comment on the stuff I'm interested in more often, that way it's not just everything I'm not interested in, maybe give you guys less of a reason to flip out.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
    The success of indie titles on download services certainly helped popularize those styles of games, but that was never what I was getting at to begin with. The point was that consumers are more aware of the physical release publishing schedules for those kinds of games. Schedule awareness, not indie game awareness.

Schedule awareness is the benefit that can (and likely does) extend to other publishers. Even here, nobody was talking about Soedesco at all until it was brought up under the LRG discussion umbrella. It's the publishers that really have a stake here, after all. The developers are making the vast majority of their money through digital sales still, not through these physical releases. Sure, they still benefit, but LRG, Soedesco, Fangamer, whatever... they're all just finding a way to make some money off the top, which isn't an enormous margin for 5000 copies of a game. They aren't making millions per game here. They are making thousands.

This means that sell through and release awareness are vital, because the money at stake here is far less than one might think. So, are people learning about, say, Saturday Morning RPG because of LRG? Nope. However, fans who want physical copies, seeing them sell, are now watching to see if their favorite indie game will get picked up for a physical release, because LRG has helped make people confident that it will happen, whether it's them, Soedesco, or SuperJim'sAwesomeGamesDoneFancy. This is the shared benefit I was talking about.
    Just a last short answer because you are a very reasonable guy (I won't continue in this thread, there is a true danger of derailing it, that wasn't my intention, and the discussion hit a completely irrational nonsense level):

'Schedule awareness' is too vague for me and too general. Without individual data (not aggregate data) there is no way to go reasonably in this or the other direction. The speculation level is too high.

For me? LR didn't increase the 'awareness level' for physical games, I was aware of other small publishers way before I heard about LR. I think that videogame nuts and collectors like us are pretty well informed, in particular if they waited like me for a long time to get these games finally on disc.

Honestly, I think that a single company in this niche market isn't important enough to have a significant positive or negative impact when it comes to 'schedule awareness'. Not 505 Games, not LR or Soedesco. No speculation here that LR boosted the awareness of physical smaller games so that other publishers profit (might be thankfully picked up by the irrational fanbase), no speculation here that LR disenfranchised consumers and potential consumers and hurt the other publsihers (also willingly picked up by an irrational enemy base of LR). Both is pure speculation. My guess is: no negative or positive impact at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I've never used the ignore feature on any forum, but somehow I've felt it better to add two to the list on this forum. I guess with so few active users the really distracting ones stand out all that much more.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I received my Wonder Boy CE today. For being over double the price of the standard copies, it's a little disappointing. I mean, just contents-wise alone, you're not getting a lot for all that extra cash. They could've made up for that a bit in the quality of the components, but that's not particularly impressive either. They didn't bother to individually number the boxes like they have with other CEs of theirs, the manual is black and white, the poster is folded, which kills the appeal of actually hanging it up, but what makes the worst impression is the cheap, brown cardboard tray holding it all. Inside that, they have nice trays that match the outer packaging (white with the black grid) holding the game and OST, so why they couldn't make all the trays like those is beyond me.

Unfortunately, I think LRG probably won't receive much feedback on the contents of their CEs, good or bad, because so many people are probably keeping them sealed just as shelf trophies. But looking through this CE just is further evidence to me that they should dial it back a little with the CEs. Part of the appeal of LRG and similar companies is that they release games that are cheaper than standard releases. It doesn't sting much to drop $25 or $30 here and there. But when they sell CEs, they're every bit as expensive as LEs from regular game publishers, sometimes more so, despite that the base price of those games is higher and the LEs contain even better contents. And when those LEs are sold exclusively on the publisher's own store, like is typically the case with LEs from NISA and IFI and such, they're probably not being produced in numbers significantly higher than LRG's CEs. How long can LRG realistically compete in this sector before people are like "this is too much for too little; just give me the game itself"? Maybe I've just been spoiled on the quality and relatively cheap prices of LEs from publishers like IFI. I plan to order the Mary Skelter LE from them in a couple days, and it coincidentally has the same price point as the Wonder Boy CE. While it lacks an OST, which sucks, you get waaaaay more for your money (even more so considering the base game is $40, not the $30 of Wonder Boy), and having bought several from them at this point, I know that the quality of the items and packaging from them is always really nice.