Page 34 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    In other words, you really had nothing of value to share in your previous post and won't bother supporting your original claim that they shouldn't be releasing games that have been released physically in other regions, but just wanted another excuse to bash LRG. Got it. Sad and disgusting all at once.
    No. I've stated in that very post my dis-satisfactory of them releasing the same games again. Just because I didn't buy the Asian release and think the Kunio games are garbage doesn't change that. The game is still being rereleased over seven months later instead of publishing another game that hasn't been released before.

At the same time I decided to point out how Doug likes to trash other publishers who aren't LRG and when LRG does the same thing they're surprised about the criticism. Rive released from Play-Asia, and Doug trashed them for it, I'm actually of the same opinion. I was of the same opinion before it was a LRG title when they released a title as an exclusive release that was available from another publisher on Amazon for cheaper. This is the LRG thread though, so whether it's interests or complaints, I'll put them in here.

You come to LRG defense an awful lot though. It's not like my complaints about the company are effecting you, but you act like a total douchebag when coming to their defense. If you'd like, since Doug does frequent the forums over at LRG, I can tell him I've got an acquaintance who'd like to blow him. Think of it, Bojay. You could tell all your LRG ass buddies that you blew Doug. As much as you come to LRG defense seems you're atleast interested, let me know. I know a lot of Nintendo fans would sure love to blow Miyamoto, and well, I have no way of helping them out, but atleast for this I could pass along the message.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 10-31-2017 at 04:28 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    No. I've stated in that very post my dis-satisfactory of them releasing the same games again. Just because I didn't buy the Asian release and think the Kunio games are garbage doesn't change that. The game is still being rereleased over seven months later instead of publishing another game that hasn't been released before.

At the same time I decided to point out how Doug likes to trash other publishers who aren't LRG and when LRG does the same thing they're surprised about the criticism. Rive released from Play-Asia, and Doug trashed them for it, I'm actually of the same opinion. I was of the same opinion before it was a LRG title when they released a title as an exclusive release that was available from another publisher on Amazon for cheaper. This is the LRG thread though, so whether it's interests or complaints, I'll put them in here.

You come to LRG defense an awful lot though. It's not like my complaints about the company are effecting you, but you act like a total douchebag when coming to their defense. If you'd like, since Doug does frequent the forums over at LRG, I can tell him I've got an acquaintance who'd like to blow him. Think of it, Bojay. You could tell all your LRG ass buddies that you blew Doug. As much as you come to LRG defense seems you're atleast interested, let me know. I know a lot of Nintendo fans would sure love to blow Miyamoto, and well, I have no way of helping them out, but atleast for this I could pass along the message.
    It's the "again" part that is erroneous. Just because something is released in another region doesn't mean it's not appropriate to release it physically in the US, especially now that they are putting ESRB ratings on the covers. Many collectors don't buy physical releases in English from other regions, but are more than happy to buy them when they are released in North America. Moreover, there is zero evidence that by releasing titles that may have already had a release elsewhere that it prevents LRG from releasing other titles. It literally has no impact either way.

As for Doug's complaints, most of them have been in connection with developers that weren't honest about who else they had licensed their games to within the same release window as LRG. As Doug has pointed out consistently, there is nothing in the LRG agreement that prevents a developer from doing a subsequent physical release in the LRG region once the title is released. It is, however, a problem if the developer is allowing Play Asia or other publishers to release the title before the LRG release as it hurts sales and Play Asia takes advantage of cheap printing and postage in China to undercut LRG's business model.

The fact that you are now engaged in homophobic slurs is not only deeply offensive, but something that I can't imagine the owner of this forum will tolerate. While I am happy to engage in an intelligent debate, you have clearly crossed the line here and anyone that would stoop to that level is clearly a disgusting human being and unworthy of further engagement on this or any other issue.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I don't see the logic in being mad about a business owner saying something hypocritical if it doesn't affect you, the customer, in any shape or form. Don't like releases of games that have been released physically in some form before? Then don't buy them. It's really that simple. But these are not re-releases anyway. They're different releases for different regions. I mean, would you argue against a game being localized and released in the US if it already came out physically in Japan? What about the simple action games of the 80s and 90s that could be brought over without having to change any text? It would've been totally reasonable to expect kids back then to find a way to import them from Japan because why should the exact same thing get released again, right?

And in terms of legitimate re-releases, LRG has said from the very beginning that a game won't be released more than once through them. Meaning, you won't see two LRG-branded print runs of the same game on the same platform. LRG can't and won't stop the IP holders from producing releases through other publishers, which we saw early on when Eastasiasoft decided to do another physical print run of Soldner-X 2, except as an Asian release through Play-Asia. But the IP holder doesn't even have to make it for a different region. Eastasiasoft could've just as well used another American company to produce another US physical run of Soldner-X 2 had they wanted. They could do it a hundred times over, even. The only thing that won't happen is another run through LRG.

Anyway, today is the day the variant of Special Reserve Games's Absolver goes on sale on LRG's site. I believe they'll be sold in one single go, so whoever may want, be there at 12pm Eastern time sharp.
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 11-01-2017 at 09:06 AM.

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

Do they ever sell anyting that isn't an RPG?
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Who, LRG? Most of their releases aren't RPGs.

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Who, LRG? Most of their releases aren't RPGs.
    Huh, I guess upon further inspection; you're right. It just looked like a lot of them were RPG's but I see now that is not the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Today Nex Machina (PS4) and La-Mulana EX (Vita) are up for sale, with both standard copies and collector's editions, and there's some Nex Machina merch too.

After not buying anything from LRG since August, I grabbed the La-Mulana EX CE, even though I'm already fully expecting to be disappointed in its value, haha. It's interesting to see the first batch of standard copies of La-Mulana EX sold out very fast, yet the CE is still lingering. Standard copies of Nex Machina were also going faster than its CE at first. I think we're finally starting to see the "backlash" (for lack of a better word) against LRG cranking out overpriced CEs that are pretty poor bang for their buck. I hope this, along with the complaints they've been getting all over, will prompt them to make some changes. I know they're already working to get trays that don't look like cheap junk ASAP, so that's one positive step. Though perhaps that's cancelled out by taking another step in the wrong direction by denying standard copies of La-Mulana EX a physical instruction manual in order to give more value to the CE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    I think we're finally starting to see the "backlash" (for lack of a better word) against LRG cranking out overpriced CEs that are pretty poor bang for their buck. I hope this, along with the complaints they've been getting all over, will prompt them to make some changes. I know they're already working to get trays that don't look like cheap junk ASAP, so that's one positive step. Though perhaps that's cancelled out by taking another step in the wrong direction by denying standard copies of La-Mulana EX a physical instruction manual in order to give more value to the CE.
    The three CE sets on offer today aren't anywhere near selling out even now almost 2 hours of availability.

It is notable that I didn't get reminder emails from LRG like I did for all their other releases. On Monday I did get an email announcing the sale of these releases, but I didn't get the typical reminder emails yesterday and none today, and I actually forgot about these this morning.
    Then at 6:00 I made the rash decision to buy two copies of Nex Machina thinking that it is going to be an in demand title (and maybe I could make $10-20 off of it)~ though now, apparently anyone that wants it already got it, as there are still plenty available through LRG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

La Mulana sold out in a few minutes this morning and around five minutes later today. It actually took me five minutes before I purchased mine because I was trying to find out where to find the code so I could buy Night Trap. I don't like the game, but it's one that's holding its value so might as well keep it as a collector piece. Couldn't find the code and then my password for Paypal wouldn't work, so in a rush with my credit card I messed up several times. Man. Did not go well, but I still came out with both games. I'll try and purchase Night Crap tomorrow and then send a message asking if they can combine my orders.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I'm happy that my best friend was able to picke up the games today. But yikes, the CE editions were horrid expensive and lackluster. So I told him to pick up the standard copies of Mulana and the other game. Now it's to pay him back...
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I wasn't interested in there latest releases so i pass on it.I'll probably wait on wind jammers instead if and when they have it to sell.Also,got my copy of skullgirls from LRG finally what came as extras for it i'm satisfy with.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Windjammers will be up for sale on December 1 (along with Claire). Next week will be Crawl and 2064: Read Only Memories. Nothing confirmed for November 24 at the moment.

I'm glad to see all but standard editions of La-Mulana EX still available this morning so that people can buy at their relative leisure. Though it definitely shows that they screwed up with their ratio of standard versus CE copies of La-Mulana. I hate the idea of people being "forced" to pay more and buy the CE, just because it's all that's left, when they'd prefer to buy the standard version. It's similar to the situation with the high demand for Wonder Boy and the low demand for LawBreakers, where people were buying the bundle of both just because that was the only way to get Wonder Boy at that point. In my opinion, CEs should always sell out before standard copies (ideally, BOTH available for the whole weekend).

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    La Mulana sold out in a few minutes this morning and around five minutes later today. It actually took me five minutes before I purchased mine because I was trying to find out where to find the code so I could buy Night Trap. I don't like the game, but it's one that's holding its value so might as well keep it as a collector piece. Couldn't find the code and then my password for Paypal wouldn't work, so in a rush with my credit card I messed up several times. Man. Did not go well, but I still came out with both games. I'll try and purchase Night Crap tomorrow and then send a message asking if they can combine my orders.
    Consider me a LRG noob... What's this code to buy Night Trap? Some loyalty program or something?

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Night Trap sold out ridiculously fast, so they created a waiting list for people who missed out to possibly get a shot to order one later on after they had already finished replacing copies that got lost/damaged in the mail with whatever stock was remaining. It's too late to get on it, unfortunately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Wait... Skullgirls was released? My order still says "unfulfilled"
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

PS4 Skullgirls has been shipped. They're still waiting on the Vita version.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Consider me a LRG noob... What's this code to buy Night Trap? Some loyalty program or something?
    As Aussie2B stated it sold out quickly, and they found out that a lot of sales was because while there was a limit of one listed, it allowed people to add as many as they wanted while normally it stops them from getting more than one. So they stated that everyone who had an excessive amount of copies were going to be cancelled altogether and anyone who sent a support ticket would be placed on the waiting list.

You can still purchase the game at $75 without the code, listed at that price to circumvent people from purchasing it. Any remaining copies will be sold on the site sometime in January. Here's the link though. https://limitedrungames.com/collecti...nt=43337253827

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm surprised they didn't price it even higher. Weren't the Oddworld trading cards originally at $100 for anybody who was trying to get them without a code? I kinda feel like they're hoping some people who didn't get on the waiting list will bite at that $75 price point.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Are the releases from Fangamer comparable to the ones from Limited Run Games? There's something that interests me from Fangamer but I don't really know anything about them, if their releases are limited or not, if the quality is ok, etc.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Well, they don't have much history in it yet, with only Shovel Knight and Undertale (and with the former, they only acted as the distributor), but the rarity of Shovel Knight was about on par with a LRG release (they made 5000). I don't know if anyone has released numbers for Undertale. Quality-wise, I'd say they're a step above. Shovel Knight was only $25, which is as low as LRG prices go, for a game that's arguably more acclaimed than practically any indie LRG has released, plus it came with a nice 40-some page full-color manual, when most LRG releases either don't have a manual or it's been some little chintzy thing like the manuals with Xeodrifter and Thomas Was Alone. With Undertale, the quality of the LE absolutely blows LRG's CEs out of the water. It's better than most LEs I have period. The standard release is also $25 like Shovel Knight, and it comes with a really neat story booklet that's been made to look like a Little Golden Book (this is also in the LE).