Page 38 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Pretty big news, Limited Run will be selling brand new long box clear jewel cases!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/s...22014879420416

Site not up yet but will be http://gamecollectorsupply.com/
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Skyforce Anniversary and CROIXLEUR SIGMA are up for sale, though the prior already sold out.

Anyone picked up their copies?
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I grabbed a Vita copy of each.

All my older orders are finally getting straightened out too. Thankfully, LRG agreed to send me a replacement Mecho Tales slipcover without me having to sending the whole thing back (technically, the blue plastic of the case got a little scraped up too, similar to what happened to my PS4 Saturday Morning RPG way back when, but whatever, I don't care enough to waste money on replacing the case), and they were also nice enough to not make me wait the full 30 days before sending out new copies of the SteamWorld games that got lost. So according to the tracking, I should finally receive these replacements today. And my Windjammers LE and Claire were mailed too, so assuming all this stuff arrives safely, my only incomplete order, besides what I just ordered, is Skullgirls and Volume.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I just picked up skyforce for ps4. I was surprised how quickly it sold too. All of my previous orders are squared away except for blindboxes. I'm not sure when those are supposed to ship out, but I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully it's before the weather get warm because I play a lot more games during the winter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Anyone know the schedule for their next releases?

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm pretty sure there's nothing next week. The following Friday (February 9th) has Factotum 90 for PS4 and Vita. Oddworld: Munch's Odyssee is supposed to be sometime in February too. I'm not sure if anything else for the near future has been announced beyond that.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Something else that may be of interest to LRG customers:

https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/collections/all

Strictly Limited Games started selling games a little while ago, and they're selling their first Vita game today. These are technically Euro region releases, though there is no PEGI rating on the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Angry

I regret not bieng able to get 99 Vidas for Vita. Granted, I can still get the PS4 version, but I think I will let it pass. Maybe one day...

Aussie, was your lost package the ones containing SteamWorld? Because the ones Victor gave me money for were MIA as well. I had to do a package search/investigation with USPS and "miraculously" it was found. Got it today.

I loathe UPS Innovations...

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yep, it was my copies of SteamWorld Dig and SteamWorld Heist. The original package was lost in the ether for all I can tell. I've got my replacements now as well as a new slipcover for my Mecho Tales, and the day after I got those, my Windjammers LE and Claire arrived safe and sound too. No luck in getting the rare pink variant frisbee, though, haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

The latest LRG silliness: Factotum 90.

So the "bonus edition" is just the SAME GAME with a soundtrack and some paraphernalia. All separate items.

Wow, just wow.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

They can call it a "bonus edition" all they want, but as far as I see it, it's no different from when they'd sell a regular bundle of a game and soundtrack. I'm just glad they backed out of two totally separate covers and having one exclusive to the more expensive set. They're finally listening to people fed up with all the variant nonsense, so now the Factotum cover is reversible. They're still doing the whole manufacture some with one side facing out and others with the other side facing out, to make sealed collectors double dip, but at least you can get either side by buying either version of the game, and sealed collectors can buy two of the standard edition to get one of each, rather than being forced to get the OST and other bonus items whether they want those or not.

The one thing I find a little perplexing is why they're doing all this extra stuff for a game like Factotum to begin with. It doesn't seem like there's much hype for it at all. Same with Home. It seems like this coming Friday is just another day where they're trying to clear out their backlog of games that they probably would never sign at this point but are stuck releasing due to contracts signed when they were taking just about anything. I hear people are complaining about the price points too, though I don't have a problem there since I know nothing from LRG is gonna be lower than $25. But I have also heard that Home is super short, like 1-2 hours short, and for a game that seems fairly linear and story-based, I imagine there isn't much incentive to replay repeatedly. So I can understand why even the lowest price point of $25 may still seem too high for that.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Weren't Factotum and Home announced on the list they released this past E3? I honestly still believe they're signing anything they can get, but that's just me.

On the plus side, there's only a finite amount of games, so with every five or 10 playable games, we're bound to get an Ys Origin, Furi, etc.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Factotum was announced then. I could've sworn Home was announced earlier, but maybe my memory is faulty.

There's no question that they're passing on releases. They even cancelled some planned but unannounced releases and pointed the developers to LRG's competitors. 99Vidas was one where the developer approached LRG and LRG turned them down and suggested Strictly Limited Games.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Got my blind boxes in over the weekend. I splurged and got 5, and all 5 were games that I didn't have already.

-Risk of Rain
    -N++
    -Plague Road
    -Furi
    -Mutant Mudds: Super Challenge

I actually used to have Risk of Rain, but sold it a while ago. I'll just leave that unopened and keep it on the shelf. Plague Road, I was curious to see why people thought it was so bad anyway. I played it for maybe an hour or so, and I can see people's frustration with it. N++ and Mutant Mudds are pretty decent an pretty challenging. Furi I don't know much about but seems to be the more sought after of the games I received. All in all I was happy with my blind box games. I actually wish I had ordered more, but I'll be visiting their booth at Pax East this year, so I'm sure I'll get more games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Owl Boy's physical release is coming out May 29th for PS4 and Switch. Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is also getting a physical release for the PS4 and Switch some time this summer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Talking

I totally forgot about today! Proves how interested I am for these titles!

I may check the six o'clock release. Maybe I won't forget again...

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm gonna have to hit the evening batch too. With being sick this week, my sleeping schedule got all screwed up, and I didn't feel like dragging myself out of bed for the morning batch. I don't know how fast the morning batch sold out, but I hope it wasn't extremely fast. I like going for the first batch since it leaves me the second batch as a safety net just in case something goes wrong, so it makes me a little nervous going straight for the second batch and not having that safety net. Granted, I don't expect these to have a lot of demand on the secondhand market, so it wouldn't be the worst thing if I'd have to buy on eBay later on.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Okay, grabbed a Vita copy of each. Can't say I'm very excited about these releases either. I'm a lot more eager to try next week's offerings, Fallen Legion and Revenant Saga.

Edit: Scratch that, next week is off now, Revenant Saga is on the 23rd with Oddworld: Munch's Odyssee (Vita) and The Metronomicon (PS4). Fallen Legion has been bumped to March. LRG really needs to get their acts together and make a solid schedule adequately far in advance instead of making and changing announcements with barely any notice. :/
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 02-09-2018 at 06:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Another shitty Kemco RPG and then an incredibly stupid looking rhythm game. What's next? Life of Black Tiger?

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I personally have been looking forward to the inevitable announcement and sale of Revenant Saga. I'm more excited to buy Kemco's RPGs than most LRG releases. I hope we'll eventually get Dragon Sinker as well.

I won't be buying The Metronomicon, but a rhythm game is one of my favorite releases from LRG (Deemo). I welcome more rhythm games from them.