Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Also I didn't buy Breach and Clear because... eh. But I'm on board for Saturday and Cosmic. Hopefully I don't miss them.

Insert Coin (Level 0) LimitedRunGames's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

340 copies from canceled orders will be going up on Monday at 5 PM EST!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

How much is shipping to Canada?
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

More like Lightning Fast Games, I ordered Breach & Clear on Thursday and had it in my hands on Monday. Also it sounds like the restock sold out real quick too, even with the 1 per customer limit. I'm gonna sit out the PS4 version of Saturday Morning RPG, but I'll definitely be back for the Vita version and the Vita version of Cosmic Star Heroine as well. Really impressed so far (with the service; I've yet to even take the plastic wrap off my B&C, haha, though I will soon enough).

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's a shame the games suck. Physical releases do not entail the game to be any good. They won't be worth anything but a glance at your shelf to remind you how shitty this gaming thing has become. People think garbage download games put on physical media will be worth something? Keep on dreamin, dream on.

How about physical releases of actually good games? Guacamelee, Resogun, Velocity? Sillyness going on.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    How about physical releases of actually good games? Guacamelee, Resogun, Velocity? Sillyness going on.
    They're releasing Zeboyd Games Cosmic Star Heroine. It's not out yet, but everything I've played from Zeboyd Games has been really good.

My Vita needs more games, so I've decided I'll get the Vita version of Cosmic Star Heroine as well(along with the PS4 version.)
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    People think garbage download games put on physical media will be worth something?
    Welcome to game collecting, are you new here?

If people will spend thousands of dollars on Stadium Events, which is not an amazing game and can also be had easily under the name World Class Track Meet, then, yes, of course collectors will pay big bucks for games that aren't very good and can be played under other circumstances just because they're very rare. I'm not saying any of these will definitely be worth a lot someday, but at a minimum, Breach & Clear will probably never be worth less than what it just sold for, given the small size of its print run. That's a pretty low risk scenario if you prefer physical releases and just want to give a game a shot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Collectors are one thing. Print runs of this size selling out within hours won't get the games into the hands of a significant audience interested in the actual game.
    As much as it can help achieve the long term goal of encouraging future physical releases.
    Lum fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well then perhaps if it's a decent enough game some would honestly play it and not hoard it to screw people in selling the thing later, keep doing more print runs of diminishing size. Eventually those who really want it will get a copy, and those who tried to game the system can suck it. Seems like an all around win then as the publisher makes even more money on more copies and game players can actually play it.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

From what I saw, there aren't many people going crazy with Breach & Clear on E-bay. I only saw 1 completed listing sell for a high amount. Then I see 2 others for sale and they are ask $300+ for them (which I hope no one pays that price for). I'm sure more will make it up on ebay within the next couple weeks, but 3 out of 1500 going immediately on ebay isn't so bad.

I really hope I can order the next release on time. If it goes up at 11:30am on the 26th, I'll have to take a break from peeling thanksgiving potatoes to get online. If there is a several hour window like the last release, then I should be good to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's not bad no. I guess I'm thinking more along the lines of stuff I saw from insane collectors over at NA where you'd get small or limited (even numbered) releases and sure a couple could go up pretty quickly, but usually a little time later they start to pop up for sale for some reason or another and the fighting begins because it just can't be picked up. Sure those were bootlegged warez unauthorized prototypes and homebrew, but I think a pattern could match it. It's just unpredictable, look at Retro City Rampage on PS4 sealed and unsealed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

I looked up info on Breach & Clear and man, it just isn't my kind of game. Not a game I'm at all sad that I missed. I am looking forward to releases of RPGs and other games though. I'm really really hoping that Limited Run games does some awesome stuff in the future like Mercenary Kings for PS4. I want that game physically.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Hopefully future releases won't sell out quite so quickly. I mean, with Saturday Morning RPG, we know it's getting both PS4 and Vita versions, and the PS4 version has a print run of 1980. If the Vita version gets the size, that'd put it at nearly 4000, over twice that of Breach & Clear. Of course, that's two different formats and some will treat them as two entirely different releases, but I bet a lot of people like me are just going to buy it for one system or the other. If the existence of the PS4 version means less demand for the Vita version, making it easier for me to land a copy, that's good by me (and vice versa for those who just want it on PS4). Same goes for Cosmic Star Heroine, which will hopefully have larger print runs for each of its versions.

As for people actually playing these games, I hope a fair number get in the hands of people who intend to do so. All I can do is my own part. I'm not gonna say that people don't have every right to keep them sealed, purely as collector's items, or to even sell them off eventually for a profit, if that's possible and they'd like, but part of the reason I posted about this publisher here in the first place is that this community has the type of people I'd like to see buying these, if anyone is so inclined, as opposed to scalpers and what have you. Most of us are collectors who value physical copies of games and do take interest in low print runs, but we're also gamers who play what we collect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Totally agree with that sentiment, and even now I'm gripping with that over a possible CDX purchase and in turn getting cartridges -- complete, loose but nice...do I need the expense or save the goodies for those who value them and won't flip the stuff or not?

We can only hope this developer sees more and more runs of the games so anyone who wants to enjoy them can in a physical real format they actually own and in turn the fortune of luck grows so more things can happen too. In a screw ball way it's loosely like stuff like Atlus once was...small developer, picked up screwball stuff no one would give a physical (regional) release, and did so with moderation so people could enjoy them where they wouldn't be stuck with leftovers while gamers got the goods and not hosed over it after the fact so everyone won.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

It looks like another X-COM clone. When there's a story and some exploration in between the battles I'm all over those (ShadowRun Returns is a perfect example). But Breach and Clear looked like a series of tactical battles stringed together, one after another. Not my thing. I'm interested in the next two releases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This highly rated mobile release is coming to the PS4 soon...

Would be great to see Limited Run Games license what surely otherwise will be a digitally distributed title.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I know you posted about that in the other thread but damn if these guys made a run of PS4 discs I'd be game definitely. Some people really put solid effort into an amazing package filled with love for a franchise, series or concept, and this one does it.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I think we will see higher print runs from this company eventually. Limiting the first release to 1500 copies is a basic example of a good business strategy. Obviously the interest is there with Breach & Clear selling out so quickly. They could make 5000 copies of a game and that's still a pretty limited run. I certainly hope for success for this company as they are doing a great thing for modern gaming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

I also hope they'll do reprints. Sure, I do get the whole "limited" appeal, but doing several limited runs of something won't hurt anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You know one thing one could do for the collectard/flipper types who buy and don't play, do like they did with old NES manuals, put a -1 or a period after the serial code on the label or back ink however it's done on Vita, etc (I forget.) Identical otherwise 100%. Let the fools fight for the scraps and let the game players not suffer for it. No need to do asinine numbered panic releases or differing stickers to troll people, just do a print revision # like old NES games with the -1, the (Star), or REV-A on the back of the cart. Same game all around and if someone wants to get anal over back of the disc/game card letter codes, let them get into a fit over it in a corner where they can be ignored.

It's best to do measured releases being new, but to keep pumping the stuff out as long as the demand is there. Leaving money on the table is stupid, only second in stupidity to overprinting and sitting on stock to lose a heap on.