Page 31 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Based on a quote from Doug the day before yesterday, this isn't true.

If they already had the initial pre planned print run, you think he would of said this? While I hope they do sell more than planned so they continue to do this on the bigger releases, is it fair to scrap the idea based on sales of a game that can be bought elsewhere? Why not test it out on a game that's actually exclusive to them. However, I do think it will hit it's goal, as I think Ys has a bigger niche audience than WonderBoy, being a classic RPG series that has been released regularly to this day, so fans of the genre like Johnny from Happy Console Gamer all the way up to people who never heard of the series until the PSP or Vita releases.
    Incorrect. Here is what LRG tweeted earlier this week after the preorder plan was announced:

"We already have 7500 and 6500 copies of the game in manufacturing for PS4/Vita, respectively."

That tweet and the confirmation in later posts and tweets from Douglas basically threw gasoline on the small sh%$storm that touched off on the LRG forums about preorders because some people felt that it was a betrayal to essentially do a second pressing of the game to accommodate the preorders.

In any event, tomorrow will be very interesting.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Incorrect. Here is what LRG tweeted earlier this week after the preorder plan was announced:

"We already have 7500 and 6500 copies of the game in manufacturing for PS4/Vita, respectively."

That tweet and the confirmation in later posts and tweets from Douglas basically threw gasoline on the small sh%$storm that touched off on the LRG forums about preorders because some people felt that it was a betrayal to essentially do a second pressing of the game to accommodate the preorders.

In any event, tomorrow will be very interesting.
    I stand corrected, I don't use Twitter and didn't see that tweet. I only saw what I quoted from the forum which didn't sound anything like that, what I quoted though also came from Doug only two days ago so honest mistake.

I personally don't think it's an issue though. They haven't started selling it, they decided they were going to do preorders for the game which may not have been enough, it's not like they've attempted to sell the game and then realized later on that they haven't printed enough. I don't get why people are acting like they've done anything wrong. This isn't what Square Enix did with Final Fantasy 15's collector's edition, announcing a number and then, oh, we didn't realize it would sell so well, we'll release another amount for people who missed it.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 08-24-2017 at 11:59 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666 View Post
    I haven't even gotten a tracking number yet. I hope I can just shoot them an e-mail and see whats up.
    Often it takes time to ship all orders from LRG.That's how i see it at least.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Ys Origin and Asdivine Hearts are up for sale! The bundles went really fast, but everything is still available individually, so you can still manually make whatever bundle you please. You also have a few minutes shy of 24 hours to order as many standard copies of Ys Origin as you please.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Ys Origin and Asdivine Hearts are up for sale! The bundles went really fast, but everything is still available individually, so you can still manually make whatever bundle you please. You also have a few minutes shy of 24 hours to order as many standard copies of Ys Origin as you please.
    This morning went super smooth and everyone seems generally happy about the preorder process. I really hope they surpass the 4500/3500 run on PS4 and Vita they already ordered as I would love for these kinds of preorders on high profile games that are ready for printing to become the norm going forward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Crap, I could not get a copy of Asdivine for Vita. Will they put up a second batch later tonight? What about the CE edition of Ys for PS4?
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yep, the Ys CEs and Asdivine Hearts are being sold in the usual LRG fashion (two batches, one at 10am Eastern time and the other at 6pm Eastern time). For the CEs, they saved 1/3rd of the stock for the evening batch (so there are 1000 CEs for each platform left for then).

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I got the PS4 standard version of Ys and Asdivine Hearts today. I liked the stress free ordering this Friday. Looking at their upcoming releases, I don't think I'll need to buy any more games until they release Cosmic Star Heroine. I e-mailed LRG about my Night Trap order and they said they will probably be shipping into early next week. Maybe I am just on the later end of the "to be shipped" list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Yep, the Ys CEs and Asdivine Hearts are being sold in the usual LRG fashion (two batches, one at 10am Eastern time and the other at 6pm Eastern time). For the CEs, they saved 1/3rd of the stock for the evening batch (so there are 1000 CEs for each platform left for then).
    Phew, thanks.

I still have a shot for the Vita version of Asdivine. I may go for the CE edition of Ys for PS4. Not sure. If not, I will get the regular version since I got the CE Vita version.

Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I didn't pull up the site to order until 5:02pm CST, didn't rush with the order and had no problem getting everything. No complaints this time around for people who wanted one but couldn't get one(aside from CE, but even if I wanted to get the Ys Collector's editions, they were still available after I finished check out.) So hopefully on all their bigger more hyped releases they do this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Order the regular edition of Ys Origin for PS4 with ease.Even after i got my order in the collector edition was still in stock for a bit,before selling out.After this i'm done buying from LRG for awhile.I'm glad they went with a preorder this time i just hope Ys Origin release doesn't get delayed,like what happen with skullgirls.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 08-26-2017 at 02:21 AM.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    This isn't what Square Enix did with Final Fantasy 15's collector's edition, announcing a number and then, oh, we didn't realize it would sell so well, we'll release another amount for people who missed it.
    You mean the Watermelon Games business model. Good ol' Pier Solar.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Hey, since there are lots of physical release fans here, check out my post in Daily Deals about some PC games at Gamestop: https://forum.digitpress.com/forum/s...68#post2048068

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Hey, since there are lots of physical release fans here, check out my post in Daily Deals about some PC games at Gamestop: https://forum.digitpress.com/forum/s...68#post2048068
    Probably would be quicker to tell people if they are still looking for the Indiebox steelbook games that were exclusive to Gamestop, they are now down to $5 each in store. Trying to find an ungutted copy will probably be impossible though.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Probably would be quicker to tell people if they are still looking for the Indiebox steelbook games that were exclusive to Gamestop, they are now down to $5 each in store. Trying to find an ungutted copy will probably be impossible though.
    I must have been living in a cave, 'cause I was completely unfamiliar with this release. I linked to a separate post because people used to be pretty uptight about posts being in the proper place. Kinda just habit, I guess, since anymore there's so few here that it hardly matters.

Oh, and I bought all of them yesterday and today from the same store, and all were still shrinkwrapped. I haven't put in all the codes yet, but the three most often having problems all had good codes. Doing the rest shortly.
    Last edited by Cornelius; 08-28-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Only $5 now? May as well pick up Rogue Legacy, Axiom Verge, and Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition. Never going to play them as I usually don't play games on PC that I have access elsewhere, but Rogue Legacy will atleast be a physical version now. Hopefully I can get a physical version on the PS4.

If a Vita version is released of Rogue Legacy haven't decided but I'll probably ignore it. It's technically both a good and bad port, being that the game doesn't have any frame drops and runs well, but all the text within the game is so small that it's nearly 100% illegible. This image below is much larger than the Vita and you da** near can't make out what any of it says, and the text is pretty important as you'll need this information to know what defects the character will have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

So no games on LRG this week? Next week? For an entire MONTH? I hope so!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    So no games on LRG this week? Next week? For an entire MONTH? I hope so!
    Next release date is September 15th although the variant of Shadow Warrior 2 may drop on a Monday before then.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

September is supposed to be very slow. I believe they'll be switching over to having ESRB ratings on all their releases, so that's adding to the delay. Last I heard, September will have 2 releases, both PS4, probably sold on the same day. I'll be a nice break for me since I stick almost exclusively to the Vita releases now. I still haven't even cracked open my Oceanhorn and Plague Road yet, and I'm eager to receive Ys Origin and Asdivine Hearts.

In other news, another LRG copycat is hitting the scene soon. They're called Strictly Limited Games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Next release date is September 15th although the variant of Shadow Warrior 2 may drop on a Monday before then.
    Thanks! They helps quite a bit economically. Dunno if I will get the Shadow Warrior 2 variant as I already have the SRG version. Loved the extras, like the scroll and pouch.