Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
    So anyone get their yet in the mail?
    Nope, but it could be up to two weeks until some orders ship. They have one person doing all the packing/shipping. I'm very excited to see what new titles they announce after Oddworld and Cosmic Star.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Haven't even received a shipping confirmation yet. No biggie, though, I don't mind waiting a little while.

I know they had the PS4 print run on hand before the game was put up for sale but not the Vita copies, so I wonder if orders for just the PS4 version (plus or minus soundtrack) will go out slightly faster, if perhaps the Vita print run is still in transit to them.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I didn't even know Oddworld was going to get a retail release, guess I'll get that one as well. I looked it up and it said it'll only be getting a Vita release. Does anyone know if the news sites are leaving out for PS4 or is it only coming out for Vita.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I didn't even know Oddworld was going to get a retail release, guess I'll get that one as well. I looked it up and it said it'll only be getting a Vita release. Does anyone know if the news sites are leaving out for PS4 or is it only coming out for Vita.
    No announcement has been made other than for the Vita version, but Limited Run Games has indicated that it's up to the developer if they want to do a PS4 version as well.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Haven't even received a shipping confirmation yet. No biggie, though, I don't mind waiting a little while.

I know they had the PS4 print run on hand before the game was put up for sale but not the Vita copies, so I wonder if orders for just the PS4 version (plus or minus soundtrack) will go out slightly faster, if perhaps the Vita print run is still in transit to them.
    You're probably right. I saw a couple of people receive theirs on Twitter and they were both single PS4 copies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

This is a regular thing, but I just wanted to complain. Resellers that purchase these games to immediately throw on Ebay are scumbags. Don't care who you are, if you purchase something like this with the intent of making a profit of people who actually want a copy and nothing more, you're a piece of shit scumbag. Get a real job and stop being a dick by making profit on someone else's hard work by being a vulture.

*edit*

Also, yes the comment above sounds hash, but this is a limited availability item that everyone has access to that people actually want. Something that is gone with 30 minutes, that's how much people are interested in getting a copy. This isn't like these people found a pile of Earthbounds at a garage sale or a local store for $10 each and wants to profit on that. This is something that is limited and these people are taking away the availability from someone else to make several times more money than what the publisher is making for a single sold game. It's just a really dick move to throw this up on Ebay before you've even received your copy. Hell. If you had a marginal interest and then you kept it awhile and then decide you don't want it, selling it then is a reasonable expectation, but not buying it just to sell it and screw people who actually want a copy.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 02-04-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    This is a regular thing, but I just wanted to complain. Resellers that purchase these games to immediately throw on Ebay are scumbags. Don't care who you are, if you purchase something like this with the intent of making a profit of people who actually want a copy and nothing more, you're a piece of shit scumbag. Get a real job and stop being a dick by making profit on someone else's hard work by being a vulture.
    Couldn't agree more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'll third that. I kept quiet about it more or less when I was out in CA and back west I had flea market options near by that still got stuff and wasn't douche priced using internet phones everywhere. Out here you're stuck with retail stores, retail resale stores, or wannabe retail spots in flea market interiors. There are no deals unless everyone missed a game with a low sticker on it. Craigslist 95% of the time has nothing, not many predators here, they're too lazy so they just post 'sell your crap for cash' ads instead. So when I see the stuff going on with dicks buying stuff just to flip it I used to get cartoon vein in head throbbing furious about it because it was attacking someone like myself who has no access to supply, let alone supply at a fair price. I did, to a slow point, but half price books 6mo after I got back here felt a new policy should be to find the highest EBAY bin in the active history, match or match it with shipping which killed the other spots around here as they got picked clean for profit or trades. It's the #1 reason I backed off buying NES/SNES stuff at all, unreasonable garbage behavior by scumbags.

The sad thing is it's not like I've avoided it as I wanted some Amiibo, we saw that scam go down hard until Nintendo started a year later reprinting the original run characters mostly, yet even now good luck finding Donkey Kong or Pit, let alone some Fire Emblem characters (don't care about those, DK and Pit I still lack which I do.) I've got an empty space on a high shelf for those 2 if I ever find them for $13-14 they retail for...kiss my ass paying like $20-30 for them.

I've seen people do this also with Retro City Rampage DX on PS4 (2K run) and Vita (around the same?) too. Bought them instantly had them up on ebay before they even received them, the PS4 game still goes over $100 used or up to $150 new. The sad thing is I still have it sealed. I ended up getting the fangamer package and using the code on the PC version and it didn't very well click with me, but I just let it sit there which bites at me, but I don't want to be that new limited seller douche too. I'd rather put it into G1 Transformers or Lego Id like.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Latest info is that LRG doesn't have the Vita copies yet and won't until Monday afternoon, so if you've got a Vita copy in your order, don't expect a shipment confirmation till then or later. They also say that they're going in order of when stuff was purchased, so if you bought from the second batch, I guess expect shipment later yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Latest info is that LRG doesn't have the Vita copies yet and won't until Monday afternoon, so if you've got a Vita copy in your order, don't expect a shipment confirmation till then or later. They also say that they're going in order of when stuff was purchased, so if you bought from the second batch, I guess expect shipment later yet.
    This makes sense. I just asked Zap! about it as well.

My status still says "UNFULFILLED" and was quiet worried, as LRG stated that those orders that were cancelled will be available once again on Feb 16. This scared me as I thought mine was cancelled...but since mine includes the Vita version, then that makes sense.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

They say they send emails when orders are cancelled, so no worries there.

I got my shipment notification last night, and my copies are due to arrive on Saturday, appropriately enough.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

So my copies came a day earlier than expected, but my PS4 copy showed up damaged With the Breach & Clear I ordered, and in the pictures of the crates of Saturday Morning RPG packages ready to ship, they used nice plastic bubble mailers, but my stuff this time was packed in a cheap paper bubble mailer that got ripped along the edges where the games were inside. Sighs, I've been having the worst luck with ordering games online lately. First Nippon Ichi sends me a standard edition when I ordered an LE, then I order two different new games from GameStop and both are opened and have some wear, and now this. I'm not even super picky about condition, I just expect brand new copies to be like new. Well, I'm off to send an email.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Mine still hasn't been sent. Neither the Vita or PS4 version.

Wait, they were selling Breach and Clear as well? When?

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Back in October. That was their first release. Saturday Morning RPG is the second one (or second and third if you want to count the different platforms), and next up is Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty (though Cosmic Star Heroine was announced before Oddworld, it's still in development).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Oh, I thought it was during the current run of games. My bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Mine said it was shipping early this morning. Sucks to hear yours was damaged in shipping Aussie. I'm OCD about that sort of thing so I hope mine is okay. I don't like to go through hassles of return shipping and bs stuff like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

My PS4 and Vita "Saturday Morning RPG" both shipped the other day, separately. Hopefully, they arrive tomorrow or Friday. I never got an e-mail saying they shipped. I just happened to check my e-mail from January 29th, and clicked the link. A tracking number was given.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

You got a Vita version too?

Mine shipped on the 14th. I hope it will get here by Saturday. Dom's also shipped, but today.

Would be nice if I get some sort of extra. Anyone here got one of the extras, like signed poster or something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I haven't received my copy of the game yet, but I did get an email that it was shipped with a tracking number. I was only able to order the Vita version.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    You got a Vita version too?

Mine shipped on the 14th. I hope it will get here by Saturday. Dom's also shipped, but today.

Would be nice if I get some sort of extra. Anyone here got one of the extras, like signed poster or something?
    Yeah, I ordered the Vita one because it said they were out of the PS4 one. Then an hour later you IM'd me that there were 4 left, so I was able to get one of those too.