Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1249

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

I still haven't gotten around to trying LRG. Ys Origin would've been nice, but it's on Steam and has Asian releases if I need it.
    Lum fan.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    I still haven't gotten around to trying LRG. Ys Origin would've been nice, but it's on Steam and has Asian releases if I need it.
    I've been buying from them for awhile. There can be some annoyances like long wait times for shipping, and some folks don't like the stress of having to buy right when a title goes on sale. There have been some other things here and there mostly for intl buyers. At the end of the day, if you successfully purchase the game you want, it will make its way to your mailbox. Also a lot of titles have maintain value pretty well, so you know you won't be spending $60 on a game and go to sell it 4 months later for $15. While you won't always be able to MAKE money off the titles, I haven't seen any values completely tank to sub $10 values (unless someone can show me otherwise).

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Lowest I've seen them drop is sub $20. I've been selling off some of their PS4 games I bought years ago, and I've been having trouble getting some to move at a price point where I'd break even (so, the cost I paid for the game + plus the shipping LRG charged me + eBay and PayPal fees + the cost for me to mail them off to a buyer). But I'm in no hurry to sell, so I can just as well hold on to them and see if the values increase later on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Also if you are selling used copies, it is going to affect the value (on some titles drastically). My point above was that even if you lose money on the sale, it's not as often as wide of a margin as it is when selling used "store bought" games. When I sell LRG, it is either because I played it and don't care to hold onto it, or need the money for other expenses. I won't sell if I'm getting less for a sealed copy than what I paid. I'd rather hold onto it.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yeah. In my case, all the ones I'm selling are still sealed.

Visual Novel Friday has finally come, and it's been a bit of a mess. People were having so many issues with the new site that LRG actually reverted back to the old design. I lucked out and didn't run into any problems myself, so I'm relieved to have successfully purchased the soundtrack bundle for London Detective Mysteria and the Vita CE of The House in Fata Morgana. An expensive order for me this time, but I've been looking forward to Fata Morgana more than practically anything else that's been on LRG's upcoming list, and I already have played and loved Mysteria.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yesterday, LRG put up Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight for Switch and Airheart and Psychonauts for PS4. There are open preorders for standard copies of Momodora and Psychonauts, and both of those have CEs too, but Momodora's CE is only available via the mega-bundle at this point. Similarly, Airheart is only available via that or its soundtrack bundle now.

Nothing for me, but I'm looking forward to LRG's E3 stream on Monday. Among other things, they'll be revealing all of their remaining Vita releases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Preorder dragons liar for switch before that closed.As for momodira and pyschonauts i'm debating on either for a buy.I guess it's good timing for a physical release again for pyschonauts,since the sequel is coming soon.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    Preorder dragons liar for switch before that closed.As for momodira and pyschonauts i'm debating on either for a buy.I guess it's good timing for a physical release again for pyschonauts,since the sequel is coming soon.
    Momodora is worth picking up if you're interested in the style of game. It's not very long for it's style though and doesn't really have too many areas it feels like. The gameplay is good though and I like how it's difficult but well balanced. There's no leveling up which is nice, there's usable and passive items that you can acquire as you progress as well as the rare ability upgrade.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Momodora is worth picking up if you're interested in the style of game. It's not very long for it's style though and doesn't really have too many areas it feels like. The gameplay is good though and I like how it's difficult but well balanced. There's no leveling up which is nice, there's usable and passive items that you can acquire as you progress as well as the rare ability upgrade.
    Yeah i've heard the only downfall to momodora is it being a short game.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Oddworld: New N' Tasty for PS3 (with both standard and CE copies) and Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!!! and Guacamelee! for Vita have all been put up for sale today, alongside Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid for Switch and PS4, which went up on Monday during LRG's E3 presentation. And Momodora and Psychonauts are still available too.

I got both of the Vita games myself. I also updated the opening post in this topic with a long list of everything LRG revealed on Monday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Got both Vita games and Oddworld standard edition. Guac sold out sold out extremely quick in the first batch and it looked like at was under 1.5 minutes. Was hoping to get them all in 1 swoop, but I guess I'll have to pay the extra shipping for oddworld, since it went up late.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Did anyone get their copie of Battle Garrega standard editions in yet? I got mine and read the back of the case and says as follows; "The Legendary Arcade Shoot Em' Up From 1996 Is Back In This Meticulously Craftedrelease That's Sure to Please Both Devoted Fans And A New Generation of Shmup Maniacs"

What I find funny on the back of the box is that within' the same sentence of mentioning how meticulously hand crafted the release was, they forgot to put a space between the words "Crafted" and "Release". Look at the back of the case, if you have the cover variation with the description on the back. It has to be one of THE most ironically made game boxes of all time. I'm not sure ironic is the word I'm looking for though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	garegga.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	10645
    Last edited by mailman187666; 07-12-2019 at 09:53 AM. Reason: added photo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I know certain people here will defend it, but remember when LRG stated that they charge $10 more for all titles at a minimum of $25. They've been charging more than $10 each title for the past few weeks now, atleast the only titles I've been interested in purchasing. Bloodstained Curse of the Moon $10, LRG price was $30. Freedom Planet $15, LRG price was $30. Mercenary Kings $15, LRG Price is $30 Transistor $20, LRG price is $35.

And they're selling 90 games per week, maybe if you didn't shove all this bottom of the barrel bullshit week by week you'd actually keep people interested in full set collection, the casual collectors probably wouldn't have been scared out, and you wouldn't be selling worse than you've ever been for not just the PS4 but the Switch as well lately. And unfortunately other limited publishers are requiring to do lower sales amounts on their games as well because LRG's greed is cannibalizing the market.

A friend of mine told me what the acronym for LRG really means, and it couldn't be any more perfect for this company. LRG. Literal Representation of Greed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Heads up for LRG overcharging tax.

I was charged a 1% Allegheny County Tax (that's Pittsburgh for those not from around here).
    Both Pittsburgh and Philadelphia (2%) have additional sales tax - obviously only for residents of those cities/counties.
    I don't live in either, so LRG wrongly charged my orders an extra 1%
    The extra $5 or so isn't a huge deal, not that I appreciate them taking extra money from me, mainly I wonder how many other people are being charged extra taxes improperly.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone here knows where I could still get LRG The Tribute Treasure Box for Switch?

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Ehhhh, when does it end????

The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

What's essentially a loose repro with 10 cents worth of cardboard and plastic for $40.

Shadows of the Empire is worse, considering it's $5 more and there's the fact that you can buy the original game for less than $5 shipped on Ebay. You can buy a mint complete edition for less than the standard version LRG is selling.

LRG. Literal Representation of Greed.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 07-25-2019 at 12:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I never saw the point to those star wars release since those games are worthless.The most i'm waiting on is there release for blaster master zero.Though i did miss out on transistor i had to pass,since i didn't have the money for it.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 07-25-2019 at 02:40 AM.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

The Star Wars releases aren't going to end anytime soon, since they announced a whole boatload of them. I have zero interest in them myself, considering I don't care about the Star Wars franchise in general, I haven't played any Star Wars game I thought was particularly good, and I would sooner buy the cheaper, fully official (as in, licensed by Nintendo) versions of the ones I don't already have. The only repros I would even consider buying would be of games that are very expensive on the secondhand market.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepygamer View Post
    Anyone here knows where I could still get LRG The Tribute Treasure Box for Switch?
    I would assume eBay is your best bet. You could look around on forums and social media to see if any collectors are selling directly to other collectors, but there's no guarantee their prices would be any better than eBay.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Well there's plenty of GREAT Star Wars games, but these aren't them. In fact, Shadows on PC was far superior, and they should have just offered that on PS4 or something. In terms of swag, I still have the PC soundtrack CD, which was excellent, if you dig Star Wars music. Not dumb coins or posters.

Is it greed on LRG part? It's really about the nutcases who have to collect EVERYTHING. Their M.O. was physical copies for digital only games, which was fine. This repro stuff is nuts, but they're not the only ones. You have other indie publishers now selling total repro CIB cart games, and yes, people clamor for them. Even if the original is $200 rare game, who cares? Buy an Everdrive if you NEED to play on original hardware. Buying a repro game to me is the dumbest thing.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK