Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10505657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1249

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Define reasonable? I didn't even know LRG had a variant until today, but having to be there on a specific time on a specific date isn't reasonable no matter what definition you'd like to pull out of your ass. The whole system LRG made up is, as a matter of fact, unreasonable. Yeah, if you're there on time, if you're not busy, sure, most of the time you can get a copy, but the system itself works for scalpers over people who are actually interested in purchasing the games. Reasonable effort when most items that aren't preorder sell out the same day? Bullshit.

And as I stated, I was late, but being there the same day(at SRG) really shouldn't have mattered. But it's fine, it's only the second.... and third game that I was interested that I lost out on.
    LR has been doing secondary cover releases for SRG stuff for nearly every title. Especially after the original SRG site kept getting DDOS'd when they kept trying to sell stuff early on. LR had do one of their sales, got them set up on Shopfiy and then they were there for the last 2 or so years. For whatever reason they (SRG) shifted away again to some other storefront that wasn't able to take nearly the traffic as the site got and was basically taken down immediately on opening. It took me nearly 10 minutes to get the site going and I was able to get both in my cart, only to have it error out a few times, then show as sold out, but I was then able to complete my transaction for all three titles they put up somehow. All told, that was 12 minutes into the SRG release.

If you're signed up for LR's newsletter you'll get emails for all that stuff. They didn't do a large lead announcement for Hotline Miami this time, but they did give a few days notice. I think SRG also mentioned it in their info bursts too that were on social and via email blasts.

SRG is really trying to keep to low numbers and their inserts are all numbered. It's appreciated when they're doing something a little different than the other houses that are pushing out for these small run titles.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Did LRG know a whole year ago that they were going to release Metal Slug Anthology this year? Probably not, but I'd like to think they were pretty sure they would.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

I'm still waiting for shit I bought from them in March. Where the fucking hell is Panzer Dragoon?

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I just got a package from them that I ordered in January, a couple weeks ago. Mystik Belle and Mighty Switch Force Collection. I'm not sure which one was holding the package up. My next items are Panzer Dragoon (Mar) Shantae Seven Sirens (May), and the blaster Master games (Jun). I have Shantae holding up my copy of Icey at the moment. The waiting definitely sucks, but that is part of how I gauge my purchase interest. I ask myself a) is it a game I truly want b) is it a good value c) is it worth the long wait time. Not really complaining, just throwing out some of the facts about my current position of LRG orders. I think the Castlevania Collection is one that I am most excited for with the upcoming roster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Atleast when it comes to standard edition games, LRG announces their scummiest bullshit yet. I believe that Cthulu Saves Christmas at $25 more than the digital version is now the highest they've increased the price beyond the digital version. Fuck this greedy piece of shit scumbag company.

*edit*

The price is no longer $34.99, it's showing $29.99, looks like they may have gotten some backlash and reduced it.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 11-03-2020 at 07:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Lot of the games i preorder earlier in the year are shipping finally from LRG.Last month it was panzer dragoon and last week it was gaoru motw and yesterday it was blaster master zero 1&2.Now i get a e-mail the grandia hd collection is shipping as well soon.Still,nothing catch my interest lately from lrg expect for panzer paladin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

With how long LRG takes to ship, they should be paying me. The games not on hand is no excuse, they can get these printings done quicker, we know it's possible as there's games that were preorder and have been shipped within a month. Pay a premium, wait six months minimum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I notice Cthulu Saves the World is also being published outside of LRG, another case of LRG does not allow the publisher to inform the public that they're selling the game through alternate means until after the LRG sales go through. This is the problem with this though, if the developer isn't releasing it until February, then it clearly means that they consider it unfinished for physical media at the time. So I decide to look at my previous order.

ETA of the rest of the titles shipping dates are Quarter 1 2021, while Cthulu Saves Christmas ETA is unknown. Great. FUCKING GREAT. I mean, it not only took me over six months to get Blaster Master Zero 1 and 2 alongside the Switch version of Brigandine, now the other three games that I've ordered with Cthulu Saves Christmas is once again going to take fucking six months. Maybe LRG, just maybe, SELL YOUR FUCKING GAMES WHEN THEY'RE READY TO BE PRINTED YOU PIECES OF FUCKING SHIT. Because if you order a game from LRG that you're interested in playing you're fucked if the game is shipping with something that they're not printing for months. But no, LRG wants to make sure they make whatever profit they can make before another publisher gets to announce the same game under their line up and they don't give two shits about fucking the consumer. It's LRG after all, their entire fucking mantra is fucking the consumer over.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Just checking fangamer again and the physical copy of Thimbleweed Park is still available for sale. I'm so glad there's no need to fight for a copy, it's still produced and easily available years later.

While there are several games released by LRG that interest me, I'm so glad I never bothered dealing with all that bullshit. I'm just not desperate to buy games anymore, especially modern games. If I can't reasonably buy a copy of something I'll just not buy it, I really don't care much about it. The main message I'm getting from this publisher and most modern gaming companies is that they don't want me to buy their games so I'm fine with keeping my money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 2 up for preorder on February 26. I'm waiting until around a month later to try and get something I'm interested in alongside it. Currently Scott Pilgrim Saves the World is up for preorder until February 28 but I'm not sure about getting it. It's a beat em up, a genre that I'm not really that into. So yeah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 2 up for preorder on February 26. I'm waiting until around a month later to try and get something I'm interested in alongside it. Currently Scott Pilgrim Saves the World is up for preorder until February 28 but I'm not sure about getting it. It's a beat em up, a genre that I'm not really that into. So yeah.
    Scott Pilgirm vs the world the game is fine for a beatem'up it doesn't reinvent the genre but it's very playable beside how similar it is to river city ransom.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eng...122550637.html

Rondo of Blood coming to the TurboDuo. Though I have to assume this will be on a CD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eng...122550637.html

Rondo of Blood coming to the TurboDuo. Though I have to assume this will be on a CD
    Dracula-X Rondo of Blood is cd.I have a original copy of the game and it's going rate is now is the $200.00 and $300.00+ range.It's not rare mind you but demand really has driven up it's price.Good of lrg to do a reprint of this it will let people have a license copy at a more affordable price.In the end,i hope this leads to doing one of snatcher for the sega-cd.

Note:This isn't the last time the game has been available for the west.It had a release digitally for the wii/ps4 and it's included on dracula-x chronicles for psp and it's available for the turbografx 16 mini to.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 06-21-2021 at 03:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Super Meat Boy has been my first, actual fail. Sold out in like 10 seconds.

Oh well. I was considering getting rid of my Vita collection anyway.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Super Meat Boy has been my first, actual fail. Sold out in like 10 seconds.

Oh well. I was considering getting rid of my Vita collection anyway.
    You missed a Vita game so you're getting rid of your Vita collection? Try to find the best possible Ebay deal you can. It''s only going to increase I'm assuming being Super Meat Boy, a Vita game, and LRG, might be best trying to get it earlier than later imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Ah, it was something I was pondering for a while now. Just have no love for anything other than up to the Dreamcast.

I did eventually get Super Meat Boy in the afternoon. I don't really care for the game, though.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    I did eventually get Super Meat Boy in the afternoon. I don't really care for the game, though.
    Isn't Super Meat Boy a really old PC game? Why is it a big deal that it's just now getting a port on a portable yet also obsolete system?

I barely have enough space for things I actually want or things I'm eventually hoping to get, I wouldn't waste space with things I have no interest in or outright dislike. I don't get that mentality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

The last of the LRG releases and the last Vita game to ve released in the states. That is, if the mystery game is real.

Also, to sell at a later date. I hope.
    But yeah, I stopped with LRG a long time ago...only getting games I want (this being an exception)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS3ja5JnkAQ

New video about the shady dealings of LRG, as well as their questionable practices. I know there will always be a apologist for the company, but overall, some very informative stuff was mentioned.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

It's hard to keep up with all the behind the scenes circle jerking going on but ultimately the culture of "I must own this mega ultra edition of every single new game" is absolutely ridiculous. I understand wanting to own a physical copy of a game. there's a lot of practical reasons for it. but LRG lives off the stupid "collector elitism" crap that has been rampant for a while now. just a way for the developer to suck more money out of people. buying extras with the game or multiple versions of it