Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1249

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    The Embracer Group just bought up the rights to Lord Of The Rings and all Tolkein's works. So expect them to be whored out in a million ways.
    You mean even more than they have been already? It's hard to imagine that being possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Well lrg is getting backlash recently and it's not game related either.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

bro really?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    bro really?
    Uhhh yikes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I can't believe I watched the entirety of that first video. As much as I don't like woke stuff forced everywhere, the people endlessly complaining about woke stuff are just as annoying. That's all this youtube channel does, make videos complaining about woke topics. This "controversy" is apparently enough to get this Clownfish youtube creator to stop buying any Limited Run games, when none of the previous controversies surrounding Limited Run accomplished this.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

So the head of social media or whatever was indeed fired for liking tweets? Is that the gist of it?
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i fell asleep on the first video, i get the complaint but was it worth the time to gripe about it in a 30 minute long video?
    fishing for views at that point

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Not for likes. One of their community managers was fired over a tweet she herself made in 2016 and for a handful of accounts she was following on Twitter. What seemingly prompted someone to search through her tweet history and 1000+ follows was the fact she said she was excited for Hogwarts Legacy, which itself is controversial right now, to the point that people draw conclusions on your political stances and beliefs based on if you're against the game or plan to buy and play it.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    people draw conclusions on your political stances and beliefs based on if you're against the game or plan to buy and play it.
    Well if that's the case, then I'll make an effort to purchase AND play Hogwarts Legacy. I've haven't read any of the books or played any of the Harry Potter games before. But I dislike bullies.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Not for likes. One of their community managers was fired over a tweet she herself made in 2016 and for a handful of accounts she was following on Twitter. What seemingly prompted someone to search through her tweet history and 1000+ follows was the fact she said she was excited for Hogwarts Legacy, which itself is controversial right now, to the point that people draw conclusions on your political stances and beliefs based on if you're against the game or plan to buy and play it.
    Unfortunately the internet is full of decrepit souls.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

People! (Rolls eyes)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Pretty much social media is cancer say some thing that is not politically correct and even it was years ago it will come back to haunt you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    i get the complaint but was it worth the time to gripe about it in a 30 minute long video?
    fishing for views at that point
    That's the entire channel, that's every video. Same with YongYea, TheQuartering, and various other youtubers that are just about complaining about woke policies. Jim Sterling is the other way, complaining about every non-woke policy. Jim Sterling used to review video games at one point, now just complains about capitalism and business practices. Just watch any of these videos if you're in too good of a mood and want to start hating the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    Pretty much social media is cancer say some thing that is not politically correct and even it was years ago it will come back to haunt you.
    I don't understand why so many people have the need for verbal diarrhea, like needing to say every opinion and every thought that comes to mind publicly and immortalized. It's like the various criminals that record their crimes and post the videos online, only to be arrested and prosecuted based on their own publicised evidence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I didn't bother to watch the videos. I've got my eyeballs up to here :: Puts hand above forehead :: with drama thanks to reading about the Wizards of the Coast OGL debacle that seemed to pull in quasi unrelated points.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy
    I don't understand why so many people have the need for verbal diarrhea, like needing to say every opinion and every thought that comes to mind publicly and immortalized. It's like the various criminals that record their crimes and post the videos online, only to be arrested and prosecuted based on their own publicised evidence.
    I think it may be due to the fact that others blazed that transparent trail and that concept of dropping every nugget of thought onto digital bits just became ingrained.

I just ordered "Tempest 4000" for Switch from there. 'Nuff said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Got me if this manger was fired just for doing a poor job then i get it but over for what she supports or some thing i don't get it all.Still i don't get social media at all either.It seems most of the time it's used to judge people over what they believe in and if it doesn't match up to you're own,then you are a terrible person.This current issue hasn't stop me from buying lrg completely last month i did preorder that reprint of "gleylancer" for the sega genesis that retrobit is offering.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

This former manager of lrg has put out a tweet to explain her side of the story if anyone wants to read it.
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1ss7qv2

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tron 2.0 For This Useful Post:

OldSchoolGamer (01-25-2023)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

This former manager of lrg has put out a tweet to explain her side of the story if anyone wants to read it.
    My curiosity got the best of me so I read her extendo-tweet. Then I read more about it. Wow. It's pretty incredible how what's essentially a vocal minority (in this case anyway) can rally enough support and smear someone with barely enough credible evidence other than the person expressing their feelings about transgender bathroom use and then happen to be following particular groups that this person (or group of people) are against. And how that minute of a case was enough to scare a company into letting go their community manager. The icing on the cake is that this Brony person is also trying to get LRG to supposedl

I don't know how big LRG really is but I don't think that they could handle a massive "anti-LGBTQ+" smear campaign against them. As is seems (again, according to the Internet) crap like this that gets out of hand starts to scare other folks that relate to the target company. Suddenly developers may not want to associate with LRG and will pull back their games from being published by LRG. The ball just keeps rolling downhill to the point where LRG becomes near taboo and they have to close up shop. Not because of absolute truth but due to pure perception thanks to an Internet Mob. That is the fear....whether it would have happened we'll never know.

It's a sad state of affairs we are currently in. However in poetic justice, this Purple Tinker was put under the microscope by folks defending the manager and suddenly they are under some hot water.

It's stuff like this that make me NOT want to put stuff online. I wanted to get back into Youtube just for fun but even as insignificant as I am I'd hate something to be misconstrued and then my life could become a living hell. The power of the few controlling one's voice....oi.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Interesting, but also a bit odd in spots.

The craziest thing about the whole situation was that we were already in the midst of hiring a new community manager because I had expressed in the previous months that I was feeling burnt out and wanted to try something new. Social media in general was taking a significant toll on my daily life and mental health and was in need of a change. January was going to be my last month as the community manager.
    Honestly, I have no idea what my future will bring me. I’m not sure if I’ll attempt to pursue content creation again, get back into the gaming industry, or try to find something new and fulfilling.
    So January was going to be your last month in that position anyway, but you had no plans for the future beyond that? You might attempt to pursue content creation again, even though you were burnt out from it to the point of leaving your position? So what position were you planning to work on after January ended and why not pursue that elsewhere now? You planned this months in advance didn't you? Or was there really no plan or direction you were heading in for February? It seems like LRG was looking for a reason to get rid of her by that point and this controversy just conveniently presented itself.

I have no hatred toward anyone who was involved in the call for my termination. If you personally and truly felt like I had hurt the community in some way, then you have the right to that opinion, but know that I do not see it that way.
    If we could take one thing from this situation it would be to bring to light the dangers of cancel culture. I have always been opposed to it and have voiced my disagreement with how it is handled. It can be hurtful to all parties involved. If you don’t like something, vote with your wallet and move along. There’s no need for vicious attacks on people or companies.
    "You have every right to your opinion if you truly felt I had hurt the community, and by that I mean please keep it to yourself and STFU."

It feels a bit weird to me with how it's worded, and this was carefully written with planning. Just seems a bit contradictory.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Her response was very reasonable. I feel bad for this girl. The pitchforks came out and LRG are cowards, and that's all there is to it. Glad I have never been much of a customer with them.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Greg2600 For This Useful Post:

Tron 2.0 (01-26-2023)

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

From what I've read, I believe the original plan was for her to shift to a different position within LRG at the end of January, not quitting the company outright. So in that regard, she wasn't prepared to be complete without work and having to find an entirely new employer.