Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    I definitely did not expect Soldner-X2 to get a physical release. Definitely one to look out for, even though it's a shame that the first part is MIA (only on PS3).

I just realized that I might be in trouble. My brother is also interested in at least the Vita version of Oddworld, while I want both PS4 and Vita. I think I should contact LRG to see what they say just in case. Also, 5000 for the PS4 and 2500 for the Vita...there was THAT much demand for SMRPG?
    I think you can order 2 of each version when the orders go live on Monday but you should be fine. Might be worth contacting them anyway as they are really quick to respond.

As for the PS4 versions - they sold out in an incredibly short space of time - Vita versions sold out slower for sure though which makes me sorta relieved at only collecting for Vita. Plus its Oddworld, so demand will naturally be greater than for SMRPG. Fingers crossed all goes well on Monday...

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
    I think you can order 2 of each version when the orders go live on Monday but you should be fine. Might be worth contacting them anyway as they are really quick to respond.

As for the PS4 versions - they sold out in an incredibly short space of time - Vita versions sold out slower for sure though which makes me sorta relieved at only collecting for Vita. Plus its Oddworld, so demand will naturally be greater than for SMRPG. Fingers crossed all goes well on Monday...
    Incorrect. They are limiting it to one copy per person per platform this time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Oddworld didn't sell out nearly as fast as I thought it would.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

HOLY SHIT.

The Vita version ended in around 2 minutes!

Managed to snag both, thankfully. Who here were able to get their copies?

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    Oddworld didn't sell out nearly as fast as I thought it would.
    Except the Vita. That was FAST.
    Last edited by megasdkirby; 04-25-2016 at 09:10 AM.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Got mine! It's still showing the Vita version as in stock for me, but I know those stock bars can be a little slow to update. PS4 version is under 25%. I guess they were right to think the PS4 version has more demand, if twice as many copies can sell through nearly as fast as the Vita copies.

Of course, whoever has trouble getting copies now can try again with the second half of the stock listed at 6pm EST. I would imagine it'll sell slower then, but who knows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

It shows that it's in stock, but when you add it to the cart, it says SOLD OUT.

My guess it's an error...still, to sell that fast is incredible.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Scotterpop's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I managed to get the vita version! I literally kept refreshing the page until the cart screen appeared. I love this series and didn't want to miss out on this release.
    Death to Videodrome! Long live the new flesh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    They didn't acquire the publishing rights to their first releases since they already owned those IPs themselves. Limited Run Games is a subsidiary of Mighty Rabbit Studios, who developed their first two releases. It's a shame that they themselves aren't known for creating great games, but if they can publish better titles from other developers down the road, it's all good. They just have to first prove that they're capable of successfully manufacturing and selling physical copies of games. And I suspect it'll go decently well for them since, even if the games stink, there are always collectors who want a rarity and scalpers who think they can make a buck off of rare games. I wouldn't be surprised if a large percentage of the copies bought will remain sealed. Which is kind of silly if the people buying end up playing the games digitally anyway because they don't want to open their sealed copy, but whatever floats anyone's boat. I'd be opening mine.

Anyway, speaking of Zeboyd, there are rumors that the third Limited Run Games release will be Cosmic Star Heroine, but I'd take that with a huge grain of salt for now.
    Ah, this is why my credit card statement said Mighty Rabbit lol.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got my Vita copy. And now the wait for it to arrive begins!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I'll be going for a copy of the PS4 and Vita versions at 6:00PM EST. I would have got a copy of each already but about 30 minutes before it was released to sell I put my head down and then two seconds later it was a few hours past. I should have just set an alarm and went to bed, wake up groggy but an owner of Oddworld New and Tasty for PS4 and Vita.

*edit*

Got a PS4 and Vita version.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 04-25-2016 at 05:05 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

How fast did the second batch last? Specially Vita?

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I wasn't online when the second batch went up, but when I took a look around an hour or so later, the Vita copies were already all gone. PS4 are still up as of right now, with what appears to be about 25% left. Kinda funny to see a reversal from how things went with Saturday Morning RPG, where the PS4 copies were gone lightning quick while the Vita copies lasted for several hours, but the double-sized print run for PS4, along with the order limits, are definitely making a difference.

I'm curious to see how Futuridium will go. I don't think it'll have nearly as much demand as Oddworld, but with that game it's back to a mere 2000 for each platform.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    How fast did the second batch last? Specially Vita?
    Little over an hour on the vita.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post

I'm curious to see how Futuridium will go. I don't think it'll have nearly as much demand as Oddworld, but with that game it's back to a mere 2000 for each platform.

Well it was already a free PC release, maybe try it out and get a feel -- it's like starfox meets c64/dos uridium. http://www.indiedb.com/games/futurid...turidium-ep-pc

Uridium (dos) was one of my very first PC games that came on a CD with a headstart 386 I got in christmas of 1990. Damn I miss that disc, love nothing more to find another just to run those games through the dos box grinder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

As of now, Vita has sold out and there are 2 copies of the PS4 version left. People are already selling them on eBay, and someone has already bought a PS4 version for double what they could pay now.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

All gone now. Since the PS4 copies lasted 24 hours (sort of but not really; it's not like the first batch was available all that time between 10am EST and 6pm EST), they removed the one per platform limit. Not sure if that means people could only pick up a second or if it was unlimited at that point. Either way, I'm not sure how I feel about that decision. I'm sure they want the relief of seeing all the stock sold, and it is nice for people to be able to pick one up for a friend or what have you. But ideally, I'd like to see these games available for a few days at least. I'm lucky that I'm self-employed and work from home, so I can be pretty flexible with my schedule and get on there when these games are put up for sale, but I'd still love to see people able to pick these up more at their leisure.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    As of now, Vita has sold out and there are 2 copies of the PS4 version left. People are already selling them on eBay, and someone has already bought a PS4 version for double what they could pay now.
    While the person might realize it's not within the time frame, to not atleast look and see if there are any copies left, especially when they knowingly increased the amount to 5000 copies, that just goes to show how stupid people are.

I think it's a bad decision for Limited Run Games to allow multiple purchases again. With as many copies that appeared on Ebay for both the PS4 and Vita, the games will once again be gone within 30 minutes and people who actually want a copy will once again be screwed out of getting one because of scalpers. I don't think the game being for sale for one or even two days is so bad, even a week. The stock is still being sold off and the games are still limited in print.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 04-26-2016 at 12:02 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    While the person might realize it's not within the time frame, to not atleast look and see if there are any copies left, especially when they knowingly increased the amount to 5000 copies, that just goes to show how stupid people are.

I think it's a bad decision for Limited Run Games to allow multiple purchases again. With as many copies that appeared on Ebay for both the PS4 and Vita, the games will once again be gone within 30 minutes and people who actually want a copy will once again be screwed out of getting one because of scalpers. I don't think the game being for sale for one or even two days is so bad, even a week. The stock is still being sold off and the games are still limited in print.
    Everyone had a fair shot at the PS4 version. I have no issue with them wanting to clear inventory once the 24 hour window closed. Their business model doesn't have any margin for error and that includes keeping stock sitting around or having money tied up in inventory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Then maybe it's best if it could be coordinated to make a statement and no one buys their game who actually wants it. Let the scalpers sit on them. I know it's not practical but a public show of it could be made in the gaming press showing that actual buyers are boycotting their allowance of scalpers buying all the games to rip honest buyers off at a premium.