Thread: Love Remakes? Square Enix Has Good News for You!

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Unhappy Love Remakes? Square Enix Has Good News for You!

It looks like the future of Square Enix is... remakes and mobile games. Sounds like the same as usual, right? Sure, but here's the kicker: an even LARGER percentage of Square Enix's new releases are going to be remakes and mobile games (including spinoffs) and even more of them are going to be intangible (digital-only).

News like this makes me glad I abandoned the company years ago.

Source: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/1...-more-of-them/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Love and hate it. I think it's wise they go back and get what worked well for them since they struggle with that now, but considering they're known as in the high in of pricing on mobile intangible games it's annoying too. They re-release a lot of their old DS and earlier titles then want like $15+ for them and from the complaining I've seen online aren't very good at consumer support if people have problems leaving it almost a crap shoot if you buy something if it will work, or work a year later with an new OS version pops up on your android/ios device. I've got a couple of their game re-releases but waited on their rare 50%+ off sales they do. $7-8 sucks but nothing as bad a $15+. I could see on a new game from scratch being more but a redrawn re-release, no. (between ios and android I've got FF1, FF3 and 4 DS, and DQ1.)

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I actually have no issue with remakes, no matter what form they take. Whether it was Square Enix releasing just a new coat of paint, or the game being as simple as the same game with end game dungeons tacked onto the end, or a full blown remake, I supported what Square Enix did. We always got releases that in some way gave us different content unlike the remasters we're currently used to.

So if Square Enix is going to release more remakes, I really have no issues with it. The only thing I have an issue with is that almost none of these games will come west, but I really can't do anything about that can I?
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.