Thread: November 2015 Finds

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Default November 2015 Finds

wow I am starting a finds thread....something is wrong in the force.

I found Covert Ops Nuclear Dawn for $2 Complete PSX and King Of Fighters '99 for $4 Complete PSX
    I know Covert Ops is a crap game but it was in a very nice double cd case I could use to replace the crap one I have for my black label final fantasy 7 or one of my other bad shape dual disc games

I also got an audio cable that will allow me to split my audio into my pc and keep it going to my source tv for a future internet thing I would like to do, a extra PSX A/V cable, and a right angle PSX style that unfortunately goes the wrong way.
    pics up in a few...

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well I stopped at a not very local but near my friends house retro store. He went to gamestop to buy black ops 3. They moved a few doors down, it's like half the size it was last time I was there, and their already jacked up prices are just absolutely insane now. This is pretty much all retro stores in my area now. It's pretty bad when I can stay home and use the overpriced bins on eBay and pay less than local stores charge. So in short "finding" stuff around here isn't a big problem it's paying for it lol.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

ok well so I said pics in a few and then I couldn't find my USB cable for the computer, but I finally found one and now the pic from the first post is gone, oh well.

this isn't much of a find, well it is but I knew I had it I just didn't know where.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	first and last.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	8364

I knew I had both of these. I just couldn't find them both at the same time....until the other night while I was cleaning the room.

so while I had them both I slabbed them my self and, will eventually, hang them on the wall
    first issue I found at my usual place, as-is, a few years ago, and the final issue I bought several copies because for some reason they were marked down. I have 2 or 3 more copies of the final around still wrapped up. maybe eventually they'll be worth something, until I find them though.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Very not picture worthy any of this, but last weekend I got Zombies Ate My Neighbors in excellent shape for $20 on SNES which is like a 1/2 off savings. I also found a Mega Man X game with the sleeve and manual for $30, about average on the game but that manual appears to be worth like $20 these days which is nuts as just a couple years ago you'd be lucky getting $20 for the game and booklet. I guess the value of X2 and X3 along with 7 finally slightly drove up MMX by association.

I also found a nice small stack of common Genesis games too for just a few dollar each/average -- 6pak, Mean Bean Machine, Sonic 2, Aladdin, and Sonic Spinball about a week and a half ago. Then during last week I found Rocket Knight Adventures for 1/2 it's going rage, then $5/ea for Tiny Toons Busters Treasure and Shining in the Darkness, and then for $6 Decap Attack. A good wide selection of fun found around town.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found some games on Internet, Manhunt, new with blister for something like 4€, Killzone, very good condition for 4€, and the Halo trilogy (Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and Halo 3) for 18€. Not great finds but it's cool

Other finds GTA III (very good condition) and Killzon 2 (like new) for $4. Twin Galaxies' Official Video Game & Pinball Book of World Records; Arcade Volume, Third Edition for $13
    Neverwinter Nights for $7
    Duke Nukem : forever for $3
    The Art of Grasshopper Manufacture: Complete Collection of Suda51 and Rise of the Tomb Raider Collector's Edition Guide for $30 each
    Last edited by Flynn; 11-15-2015 at 08:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I'm starting out on a flea market hunt today down south Louisiana, wish me luck. However, yesterday I went to a couple of GameXchange stores around Shreveport, and bought Survival Run, Bump N' Jump, Star Fox, Real Sports Boxing (heard it was technically impressive on a podcast, thought I'd bother with a sports game), Return of the Jedi: Death Star Battle, all for the Atari 2600, and Q*Bert for the Colecovision. They were all buy-2-get-1-free.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I haven't purchased much lately. My wants are so narrow and specific at this point, but I did find the last two Sims 2 expansion packs I needed for $5 each last week - Bon Voyage and Apartment Life. Then in the mail last Thursday I got a couple of Atari 400/800 cassette based games in the mail from an Atariage user from France which were a couple bucks each plus shipping - Clowns & Balloons and Pooyan and he threw in a free Atari cassette of a golf game too which was a nice surprise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    My wants are so narrow and specific at this point
    That's my problem, I've picked up a lot over the years and I don't need all that much. I used to collect for loads of different machines but now I focus on pre-NES era stuff. And it's really hard to find in the wild if it's not dirt common. I did find a few games yesterday, though. Three came from a GameXchange down in Alexandria, Louisiana and the copy of Telegames Baseball (formerly Pete Rose Baseball) comes from a flea market north of Lafayette, Louisiana.

If I collected for Nintendo and Super Nintendo consoles, I would have been pretty happy today. There were lots of non-sports games in one or two stalls at the flea market I visited this afternoon. But I have no interest, that wasn't my thing. It wasn't my era. And most people have gotten rid of their pre-NES stuff many years ago, so it's not worth the effort a lot of the time. I barely thrift store shop now. I only go flea market shopping when I go out of state and can hit unfamiliar places (that the Game Chasers haven't wiped out, those asshats).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found Dark Souls II new for $12 on XBOX 360

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Picked up the following this week:

Star Wars: Jedi Outcast (GC)
    Star Wars: Rebel Strike (GC)
    Star Wars: Rogue Leader (Player's Choice, GC)

All for ~$27

Nintendo 3DS XL
    Devil Survivor
    Fire Emblem: Awakening
    Zelda OOT
    Prof. Layton: Diabolical Box (DS)

All for ~$100
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well since my last post of the few pick-ups for the Genesis I've had much more good fortune and a learning experience I capitalized on saving a good bit too.

For starters for $80 shipped I got this really nice bundle of 6 games - Castlevania Bloodlines, Castle of Illusion, World of Illusion, Ghouls n Ghosts, Zero Tolerance, and MK1 (price wise basically got Castlevania for $20-ish.)

Locally I found Elemental Master for $20, usually a $40 game. Then found Rocket Knight Adventure local too for $7 which is solid. Also for $5/ea I found Tiny Toons Buster Treasure Hunt and Shining in the Darkness.

Online I had some interesting things happen. I got Exile for $10 which is low, but it ended up with a blown battery. Talked with the guy nicely, he just didn't care for a return or partial refund, he gave me 100% back and I was able to repair and replace the battery so -- Free. I ended up paying $10 less than normal for TMNT Hyper Stone Heist with a beautiful label, and same with Dune saving $5 on that one.

Now for the learning experience. Grind Stormer I bought for $15 because it was broken, label/shell immaculate. And it was broken. I went and picked up a donor which I screwed up so +5, but then with a 2nd donor for another $5 I rapidly and accurately was able to de-chip its board (already did Grind Stormer easily too) and then applied the game to a former Menacer cart and it fired up right off. $25 into a $50+ game and it sells for like $20+ more being transplanted on ebay I saw. I have another donor I have ready for another game, and found Pit Fighter cib for $7 rather it had been loose for $5 but if I ever get tired of it it's another donor.

I still have in the mail because of an ebay moron both Wings of Wor and Truxton, again both immaculate for $50, and basically I got $10 or a bit more off each at that price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Eh it's not gaming, but I'm happy I got so much stuff here. Paid $100 locally, it's around $150 worth of Lego sets that are all complete with their manuals, one has a box too, and one (cop car) got a cop thrown in extra with it.

I got 13 sets here all from the 1990-95 period and one set from 98 which came with a bonus terrain platform unique to it.

6589 Radical Racer
    6667 Pothole Patcher
    6813 Galactic Chief
    1710 Snowmobile
    6508 Wave Racer
    6538 Rebel Roadster
    6663 Wave Rebel
    1610 Police Car w/extra cop minifig
    1480 King's Catapult
    1478 Mobile Satellite Up-Link
    1479 Two-Pilot Craft
    6125 Sea Sprint 9
    6175 Crystal Explorer Sub (complete in box)

Attachment 8380 Attachment 8381 Attachment 8382

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

On Steam
    Citizens of Earth:
    $2.99 USD

Life of Pixel:
    $1.74

On eBay
    Lot of 14 Japanese Nintendo DS games including Taiko Drum Master, Ace Attorney 2, Pokemon Ranger, and Ace Attorney 3:
    $14.25 (includes S&H)

At DI (Mormon version of Salvation Army)
    Need for Speed: Underground (still sealed)
    $1.50

Various PS2 and late 90's / early 2000's PC games
    $2 apiece

Floppy diskette holder (fits 5.25" disks)
    $2.00 or $1.50 (I can't remember which price for certain but it is definitely one of the two.)

A pretty nice haul for doing things on the cheap!

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's my purchases from October & November:

Tales of Zestiria Collector's Edition (New) - Retail Price

Tales of Zestiria PS3 Version (New) - Retail Price

Tales of Zestiria Strategy Guide - $31.00

Since Namco didn't release a PS3 version of the ToZ CE, I was forced to buy both versions. However, I did recover some the cost by selling off the PS4 game separately. Plus, when I bought the PS3 version at Best Buy, they were giving customers a $10 gift certificate with the purchase of the game. I ordered the guide from Amazon.

Rodea The Sky Soldier (New, Wii U Ver.) - Retail Price

Yo-Kai Watch (New) - $30.00

I had preordered Rodea specifically for the bonus Wii version that is included with the first print run. I traded the Wii U version to EB Games, and used the credit plus the money I got from selling Tales of Zestiria (PS4), to get Yo-kai Watch.

Final Fantasy IV Advance (Used, Complete) - $20.00

Final Fantasy VI Advance (Used, Complete) - $64.00

Chrono Trigger DS (Used, Complete) - $35.00

These were all picked up at my local game store with some credit I had saved up. I used to own the PS1 ports of these games, but the load times killed my enjoyment of them.

The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies Extended Edition DVD Set (New) - $13.99

Lady & The Tramp Diamond Edition (New) - $14.99

The Hobbit set was on sale at Best Buy for $23.99. Plus, I used the $10 gift card I mentioned above to get The Hobbit for an even better price. Lady & The Tramp was found at my local Value Village.

EDIT: I also found a black label copy of Crash Bandicoot 2 with the holographic cover for $1.99 at Value Village. I was able to upgrade my copy Greatest Hits copy that was missing the manual.
    Last edited by SEGA_Queen; 11-30-2015 at 11:03 AM.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Well, right at the end off the month I won an auction for a P.O.W. pcb and marquee for $30, which isn't shabby. It's a 3 button Jamma board, so it'll play nicely in my supergun or one slot MVS cabinet with no issues. Looking forward to its arrival.