Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Secret Santa 2015 - Santas are Giving Their Thanks!

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Finally got a chance to post in here!

First off, I gotta offer a huge apology to my recipient that the package didn't arrive in time. I'm pretty peeved with the USPS, considering they gave me a 12/24 delivery date. I checked the tracking info on the 24th, and it said it was out for delivery that day so I have no idea what happened. Since my recipient hasn't received his gifts yet, I don't know if I should still keep who I was Santa for a secret, but the tracking info says that the package is now ready for pickup at the post office.

As for what I received, my Secret Santa was beyond generous and totally spoiled me with a huge bounty of awesome stuff! I seriously couldn't believe just how much was packed in the shipping box!

Lemme try to list it all out:

Vegas Dream for NES
    Crayon Shin-chan 2 for GB
    Chou Gals! 2 and McDonalds Monogatari for GBC
    Game & Watch Gallery 4 and Kirby & the Amazing Mirror for GBA
    Zoobles! and the Japanese version of Brain Age for DS
    Brain Dead 13 and Amok for Saturn
    Raw Danger! for PS2
    Gundam Battle Universe for PSP
    Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz for Vita
    Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 and Tales of Symphonia Chronicles for PS3
    Shenmue II for Xbox
    Asura's Wrath and Akai Katana for 360
    Gears of War 360 controller
    Super Mario Bros. Super Show DVD
    figures of Master Chief, Kratos, Murloc, Hatsune Miku, Mr. Miyagi, Predator, the Alien, and a Portal robot
    Team Fortress 2 and Iron Man pins
    Mario and Dragon Quest keychains/phone straps
    Battle Athletes and Super Mario Bros. movie trading cards
    DS wristband
    Katamari PSP pouch
    Sonic drawing book
    Gravion and Pac-man stickers
    Dragon Ball Z finger puppets
    Hetalia bandanna

Whew, what a list! Thank you so much to whoever played Santa for me! You totally hit it out of the park, and I love everything! Some of these games I've been wanting for years and years (Kirby, Shenmue, Akai Katana, etc.), and others I've never heard of, like McDonalds Monogatari, but I can't wait to try them out. All the merch is fantastic too! Now to just get my game shelves decked out and start playing. I hope you had an excellent Christmas and have a happy New Year!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Geez, that's not a Secret Santa package, it's a dowry. I hope you said 'yes'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Exclamation Wowzers!

Wow, I'm pretty overwhelmed. I've done Secret Santa quite a times in another forum, but we just send an item or two. I just got my package from Aussie2B and there was a TON of stuff in there.

Altogether I received...

Double Dragon on VHS (Ha, awesome!)
    Princess Peach Amiibo
    Resident Evil: Damnation Blu-Ray
    The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Manga (part 1)
    3 DVDs (King of Kong: A Fist Full of Quarters, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, Bloodrayne: the Third Reich)
    3 Video Game Collector Magazines
    3 CD Game Soundtrack Mixes (Contra 4: Rocked 'N' Loaded, Lonely Rolling Stars Carnivore, Select Start)

Even the note was on awesome paper with little Darumas on it. I love Darumas, so that's such a weird coincidence!

Man, I feel a little crappy now. I only sent my recipient a book, and it was shipped straight there, so it wasn't even wrapped. Damn. I'll have to do better next time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	secret1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	8407   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	secret2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	8408  

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Haha, I love the pic with your cat. I hope you enjoy the stuff, and sorry again that it came late!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Oh please, that's SUCH a non-issue. This could have come after New Years and I wouldn't have cared. I'm really blown away by this awesome loot crate you put together for me. Thank you SO much!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Oh dear, the numbers from the posts just aren't adding up like they should. It seems we have at least one person who might not have gotten the gift which is due to him! Who is missing a gift? Hopefully it's just that your Secret Santa was a little slow to send, or the package had to go a l-o-n-g way, or perhaps your Santa was absent-minded and needs a reminder.

If you wish and you let old Santa Claus know, I can send a PM to your Secret Santa to ask him to let us know what is occurring.

We haven't had a naughty Santa in years! But if it turns out to be a sad case where we do have a naughty Secret Santa who won't play nice, then we'll have to make sure his name ends up on our Naughty List. Those who end up on the Secret Santa Naughty List never get to participate in our special event ever again unless they go to big, big measures to make amends.

Perhaps I, good old Saint Nick, could give a consolation present to you if your Secret Santa falls through. I'd hate for your stocking to be left empty even if it is a bit late.

Ho ho ho!
    Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i'm curious if my recipient ever got their present. they haven't been active since the 23rd and haven't posted since late November

edit:

well I just checked the tracking number and it said it got delivered so what evs
    Last edited by Niku-Sama; 01-04-2016 at 04:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ah, January. It's Santa's time of the year to take care of all the little things left to do after the big rush of Christmas.

Looking over my notes, it seems we still haven't heard from xfrumx nor thetoxicone since December. xfrumx was supposed to provide for thetoxicone, but xfrumx stopped responding to Santa's PM's. thetoxicone hasn't written since December. Back then he wrote that he never received anything in the mail but that he would write if he did get something.

Yet we can't keep Christmas 2015 running forever. So while Santa would love to wrap up everything in a tidy little bow, I suppose we'll just have to leave these two and their fates as a mystery for now.

I want to thank all of the good boys and girls for their participation in DP's Secret Santa this past year. It was good fun and a very interesting ride.

I hope that we shall see your smiling faces again when we have our next Secret Santa event here at the Retrogaming Roundtable. Speaking of which, when would you prefer the next Secret Santa to be: June or December? If you pick June, remember we can have two that way! Ho ho ho!
    Merry Christmas and a happy new year!