Thread: Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow headed to 3DS Virtual Console [Eurogamer.net]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Arrow Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow headed to 3DS Virtual Console [Eurogamer.net]

Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow - the games that started it all - will be re-released for 3DS Virtual Console next year on 27th February 2016.
    The news, revealed just now in the latest Nintendo Direct, includes detail of a new feature for the games - wireless trading and battling.
    The Game Boy originals required the use of a physical Link Cable, something which of course 3DS does not support. Wireless (presumably local only) will now replace this functionality, but otherwise the games arrive intact.
    Read more…
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great ! That will be cool for those who haven't the games on Gameboy !

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sigh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Eh it's not that bad Fiery. At least it's a good experiment and knowing NIntendo they'd probably throw up some numbers to brag if it's a success.

They haven't bothered in a year to release a VC game on the 3DS I read on another site which is pretty disgusting. With this trio coming out and with them enabling the wifi as a link cable substitute to battle and trade I'd be curious to see how many people download and actively use the games on a regular basis. Pokemon has become severely bloated with a lot of stupid added unnecessary fluff over the years with multi-battles, berries, more and more types and cross types to bloat up the confusion of battle. These games are back to basics, roots titles. It should be fun to see if the younger generation since it's a 20 year old franchise can handle the dated games.

I still own Yellow as of late, also have red as FireRed, it's the only ones I can stand to keep around anymore for very casual play if the feeling arises.