Thread: Bad eBay buyer?

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Bad eBay buyer?

So I have a sealed fallout new Vegas launch kit up on eBay and got an offer that I like and would normally just take but I happened to look at the accounts feedback and seen a ton of feedback for them not paying and a lot for them paying fast. I haven't really ever come across this should I take a chance and take the offer? What happens if they don't pay? And I thought eBay banned people for nonpayment how does this account have so much nonpayment feedback?

Account in question:
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...oortiz-ndpgrgs

Edit: now everything should be there.
    Last edited by understatement; 11-20-2015 at 10:09 AM.
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

If the guy doesnt pay you can just relist the item. You can get your final value fee back also.
    I think after 3 strikes from non-payments you can get banned, who knows why he hasnt been yet.
    I would just accept the offer (if you were planning on doing so) and relist it in 2 days if he doesnt pay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    If the guy doesnt pay you can just relist the item. You can get your final value fee back also.
    I think after 3 strikes from non-payments you can get banned, who knows why he hasnt been yet.
    I would just accept the offer (if you were planning on doing so) and relist it in 2 days if he doesnt pay.
    Okay cool, the only real problem I have with relisting is I have this listed on one of those offers of "list 5 items with no final value fees" so it's going to suck to lose that if they don't pay. I guess I'll wait out the time on the offer to see if I get any others before taking that risk.
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

Why are people leaving comments that he doesn't pay, but they're leaving positive feedback? That's just weird and not very helpful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dgdgagdae View Post
    Why are people leaving comments that he doesn't pay, but they're leaving positive feedback? That's just weird and not very helpful.
    Because you can't truly leave a negative comment for a buyer, which is beyond BS. You can either not leave feedback at all, or leave a positive feedback with a negative remark. I personally find it confusing but helpful when making a decision such as the OP is considering making.
    Last edited by fluid_matrix; 11-20-2015 at 11:24 PM.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Yes, because sellers can't leave negatives for buyers any more, it's all in the comments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It's a broken system because they'd rather pander to flaky buyers than stable sellers. They got tired of people whining about revenge feedback which I"m sure happened in a minority of cases so it devolved into screwing sellers who can not negative a time wasting punk or some manipulative punk over ebay mail who would abuse the system. So you leave a negative-positive feedback and hope people are smart enough and not lazy so they read it.

Ebay does everything wrong, but they're so large they're like the garbage banks the gov't took care of years back, they know they're too big to fail so they just screw people as you have no alternative other than gamegavel which is a joke, etsy which is horrible to find anything (even by seller name and item), or the amazon marketplace which is mostly a crap shoot on quality with no pictures in almost every case.

He has a few negatives for not paying but a lot more by far for paying fast. I'd ride it out until 15-30min before it expires and see what shakes out, then decide by then if you'll risk it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    He has a few negatives for not paying but a lot more by far for paying fast. I'd ride it out until 15-30min before it expires and see what shakes out, then decide by then if you'll risk it.
    Yea, that's pretty much how I reasoned it out. They have more good feedback than negative, maybe they're one of those people that buys/bids on obvious scams/fake listings so others don't get ripped off or something? I don't know but, if they were really intent on never paying to start with why make the offer and not just BIN? Eh, I guess I'll find out soon enough as I went ahead and took the offer within the last few.
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I took the offer and didn't hear anything from the buyer after a few days, I tried an invoice asking for an eta of payment and nothing again. So I pretty much wrote it off as I wasn't getting payed but figured I'd ride it out for a few weeks as nothing would be charged to me for sitting on it, and today 10~11 days after it sold at like 1AM, out of the blue I get the payment with a "payed with paypal sorry for the delay" message. Damn, no wonder so many people say they weren't payed if the buyer does that every time. It would have been nice to know about that delay from the beginning but eh I guess I got the money... eventually.
    VVV Work in Progress VVV