Thread: Have You Ever Received Free Unadvertised Bonuses/Swag When Picking Up A New Game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Have You Ever Received Free Unadvertised Bonuses/Swag When Picking Up A New Game?

Last month I picked up Halo 5: Guardians for the Xbox One. I had pre-ordered it a few weeks prior and to my knowledge the only pre-order bonuses were DLC in the form of a REQ pack and an exclusive Spartan armor to outfit your playable character with. So imagine my surprise when I went to pick up the game at midnight and not only did I receive the game but also a free art book, free carry/cinch bag and a Spartan mask.

For the record, these bonuses weren't just for those who pre-ordered the game. They were for anyone who showed up for the midnight launch at Best Buy and I would guess they gave out the rest to the people that showed up the next day. But considering I only paid $20(after rewards/gamer's club discounts) for my copy this was a pleasant surprise.

So has anyone else walked into a store to pick up a new game(doesn't matter if it was pre-ordered) and were given some free unadvertised bonuses as well?
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 11-27-2015 at 12:50 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Not exactly the same, but in 2002 back when I was living in the Bellevue, Washington area, the GameStop located nearest to me used to put all of the unclaimed pre-order bonuses and other unclaimed swag into a box on the counter. The manager had all that left there intentionally. When I asked why, he told me that any of it was for anyone that wanted it. It was a way to get rid of it without throwing it away or only letting employees get to pick out of it. I gotta say, that manager's policy was really cool. I managed to get a lot of neat little stuff from that GameStop during those few short months when I lived in that area including soundtrack CD's!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Similar experience here at an EB games too, they had spare Ghaleon punch puppets from the old Lunar release around 2001-ish or whenever and I got one just for going in and buying some unrelated game.