Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: December 2015 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default December 2015 Finds

6 days into the month and not a post yet. I don't expect it to be all that amazing considering the time of year as far as having lots of posts.

I'll start it off, paid $10 today at a goodwill (yeah I was shocked) and ended up with a few nice things in a zip bag. It was unmarked, thought the worst when it went into the back to be asked about. There was a red/black DSi with no charger, problem is the power switch was snapped inside so it was non-reparable. I did harvest the battery and plate from it and the 2 bottom plastic pieces of the lower frame which I'll be shoving on ebay to recoup the price along with an ESPN Kids Baseball cart I don't want.

What did come out of it was very very nice copies of Pokemon FireRed, Mario Kart Super Circuit, Golden Sun (which I've put an hour on already), and Sims Bustin' Out which is a decent little game.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I won't be spending anything for half the month because of some bs that i have to go to court for now.

I'm not going to elaborate though i can't stand drama and don't want it on here.

The DS though. Power switches are replaceable, I've not seen a black/red one before. I might make sure it wasn't a special bundle edition before tearing it apart

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Miss the good old days of the forum

The weekend was a bit slow because I couldn't afford to go hunting. I bought Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition.

Sunday had the chance to go to a small market near my house and bought 2 games:

Final Fantasy V Advance cart for 11usd
    Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Cart for 12 usd

The seller gave me 4 non-working n64 games for free in hope I can revive them: Kirby, 2 perfect dark and ISS98

Cheers
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    I won't be spending anything for half the month because of some bs that i have to go to court for now.

I'm not going to elaborate though i can't stand drama and don't want it on here.

The DS though. Power switches are replaceable, I've not seen a black/red one before. I might make sure it wasn't a special bundle edition before tearing it apart
    It's a normal one, I had the color back in the day. I don't see how that switch can be replaced as it's held on with 2 to 4 hair width bits of metal into the board. I looked at it before I gave it the boot. I wanted to recover it, even tried to reattach the piece it was just too small to take hold as it was the teeny plastic bump that goes into the bigger plastic bit within the metal cradle with the bits attaching it to the board.

eskobar -- nice finds and nice luck if even one of them ends up working.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man I haven't posted in this type of thread, let alone go out of my way to a thrift/goodwill/flea market in forever but for whatever reason I did stop by the Wallingford flea market and to my surprise I not only found some gaming stuff but it was all had at a great price! Most of this will probably just be used for trades or selling:

Super NES, non-yellowed console with two OEM controllers with trolls, Mario world and link to the past - $30

I was more than pleased with that pick up when I noticed the same seller had a giant bin of mostly Atari games, systems and tons of misc cables and wires. I peek in to my surprise find mega man and super Mario 3 for NES, paid $10 for the both of them.

May as well be my find of the year since I don't ever get out there anymore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

My recent pickup

(Photobucket link screwup so I have to delete them)
    Last edited by ScourDX; 01-29-2018 at 08:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I found a set of Wii cables and a stand for 5 bucks and Tetris plus on psx for 2

I shouldn't be out buying stuff since i had to take a loan out to pay fines but i might have it paid off next month

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found a new copy of Assassin's Creed: Syndicate Limited Edition for PS4 at Goodwill for $10. Great price but wrong system.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 12-31-2015 at 07:19 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up Pokémon Conquest and SoulSilver (cart only) for $10 each.

Can't complain for the price...
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScourDX View Post
    My recent pickup

Nice haul ScourDX...good to see you posting again.

I haven't found much of anything lately. I picked up a bunch of Skylanders SuperChargers characters and vehicles from GameStop sales as well as LEGO Dimensions on the cheap (well cheap for that game) on PS4. My buddy wants to go up to the local flea market the day after Christmas so mebbe I might find something then.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Paid 58 usd for 4 SNES games:

TMNT IV in great condition
    Axelay in Good Condition
    The 7th Saga in ok condition
    Super Mario Kart with label in bad condition...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I found a few things on the cheap today.

A SNES mouse for $5 in good non yellowed shape, SNES A/V cable $1, Tomb Raider Last Revelation complete $1 and an old PC game called Faces...tris III completeish (kinda smooshed) for $1

the PC game has the letter C as the soviet hammer and sickle. Its on 2 5 1/4 floppies and has 256 color graphics and soundboard support! its for IBM PC, Tandy 1000 or compatible.

sadly all my PCs are either way to old or to new to support such a thing, I have pieces and parts for this middle of the road stuff but not enough to make a working system. I figured for a buck I would save it from a landfill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I didn't get anything gaming this year which was kind of different (rare.) So I decided to go around for a couple hours today and plundered some nice stuff.

Went to book and music exchange, hit their gameboy area and for $15 out the door I picked up Lady Sia, Gekido Advance, Star Wars Ep 3, and GBC Ready 2 Rumble. I've never had the middle two so that's cool. And then I rolled over to best buy and found a cool mini mario SMB1 t-shirt along with Shovel Knight 3DS ($40 between the two), and on the side grabbed Duck Tales the Movie for $10 on the debit card. I'm pretty pleased with that, especially the gameboy deals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Not much these days but can't complain too much:

Paid:
    23 usd for a Zelda 2 cart in mint condition
    11 usd for a Castlevania III cart in good condition
    29 usd for FFVII GH in great condition and rebel assault 2 in great condition.

Gonna travel to the US this weekend but I really don't know a good place to hunt games near Mc Allen, TX ... hope I can find anything cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Texas can be great or a huge problem. There's these youtube trolls for the last few years known as the Gamechasers that went to a lot of shops and flea markets within a good 100mi area or wider at times even as far as Arkansas finding places that misprice or hadn't followed the high dollar garbage going on with NES/SNES stuff and they'd make noise, buy the games cheap and laugh about their deals on camera in or out of the store. Word would get back to the shops and flea market sellers one way or another and then they'd fix the prices as high as ebay. They ruined a LOT of the stores if not nearly all of them if you're looking for a deal.

If you're on a collector site like NintendoAge maybe someone over there will not a place that hasn't been blown out by those clowns in Texas and maybe it's near your vacation spot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

McAllen is far enough away. its down near the gulf coast right across the border from mexico.

careful with electronics in humid costal areas, they tend to get a bit crusty, if it hasn't been tested in a while test before you buy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Texas can be great or a huge problem. There's these youtube trolls for the last few years known as the Gamechasers that went to a lot of shops and flea markets within a good 100mi area or wider at times even as far as Arkansas finding places that misprice or hadn't followed the high dollar garbage going on with NES/SNES stuff and they'd make noise, buy the games cheap and laugh about their deals on camera in or out of the store. Word would get back to the shops and flea market sellers one way or another and then they'd fix the prices as high as ebay. They ruined a LOT of the stores if not nearly all of them if you're looking for a deal.

If you're on a collector site like NintendoAge maybe someone over there will not a place that hasn't been blown out by those clowns in Texas and maybe it's near your vacation spot.
    Well, its not a vacation, really; Monterrey is a 3 hour drive away from McAllen, its just that I don't travel to this country like I used to 10 years ago when I visited US every 2 weeks to buy games.

Now we have 2 chain stores that specialize on video games like Gamestop and things have improved very much, now you can get similar prices than the US and launch day releases.

A few years ago it was a good city to buy video games, loved Hastings and the 8 gamestops in a 8 mile ration :P

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    McAllen is far enough away. its down near the gulf coast right across the border from mexico.

careful with electronics in humid costal areas, they tend to get a bit crusty, if it hasn't been tested in a while test before you buy

Yeah, Its not too far from my home in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon. In Laredo you can have better luck because 2 guys have a small store that in the 90s distributed almost every game that was distributed in Mexico on informal markets because we didn't have official distribution, in fact today we only have official distribution from Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo has presence only by "official distributors".

With Sony and MS we have community events and many promotions that we don't have with Nintendo. Mexico is actually a very big market but the the high levels of piracy consumption has limited many to enter the market. In the 90's we were the biggest consumer for Neo Geo MVS and we had many official events from the company and that is the reason why MVS carts are very cheap in Mexico, we had TONS of official MVS systems on every pharmacy and arcades at the time :P

Thanks a lot for your suggestions, I hope I can get a few PS2 and NDS rpgs forgotten in a dark corner of a Gamestop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I wouldn't rule out the Gamechasers guys not going to McAllen, they have to come up with content. I've unfortunately stopped flea market shopping around here since those guys have wiped out everything of interest locally. I''ll head outside of Dallas to a somewhat distant flea market and will hear "those Gamechaser guys were here a month ago, bought out all my best stuff" on more than one occasion.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I wouldn't rule out the Gamechasers guys not going to McAllen, they have to come up with content. I've unfortunately stopped flea market shopping around here since those guys have wiped out everything of interest locally. I''ll head outside of Dallas to a somewhat distant flea market and will hear "those Gamechaser guys were here a month ago, bought out all my best stuff" on more than one occasion.
    I ran into them at a convention 2 years ago in Pennsylvania and they were hitting me up for leads. Rather glad I declined to give them any.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    Nice haul ScourDX...good to see you posting again.

I haven't found much of anything lately. I picked up a bunch of Skylanders SuperChargers characters and vehicles from GameStop sales as well as LEGO Dimensions on the cheap (well cheap for that game) on PS4. My buddy wants to go up to the local flea market the day after Christmas so mebbe I might find something then.
    I am still around lurking. Just busy with kids & work.