Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: December 2015 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camarotuner View Post
    I ran into them at a convention 2 years ago in Pennsylvania and they were hitting me up for leads. Rather glad I declined to give them any.
    Good on you and anyone who won't help them, they're just classless disgusting amateur cheap knockoffs of that American Pickers show on History. At least those dudes will let someone know if they're asking too little and pay up a good bit more and educate people properly about stuff and not just be vultures all the time picking off every single thing possible.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Good on you and anyone who won't help them, they're just classless disgusting amateur cheap knockoffs of that American Pickers show on History. At least those dudes will let someone know if they're asking too little and pay up a good bit more and educate people properly about stuff and not just be vultures all the time picking off every single thing possible.
    To be honest I wasn't even sure who they were. I was working security and they were on the "vip" list of people to make sure they were happy. I met a bunch of Internet personalities that way. Most were cool. Some you wanted to beat with a bat. Did that convention for nearly 10 years. Only rarely had any real problems. Pretty mellow crowd. I found out later they're basically scalpers with a web show where they complain about scalpers. I found that rather ironic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

Well Christmas came and went. My wife and I got my sons Splatoon and Mario Maker for Christmas. Back on Black Friday I managed to pick up dead rising 3, Ryse, and Rugby 15 all for the Xbox one. Also just picked up mlb 15, unchartered collection, and the order 1886 all for ps4 during their buy 2 get 1 free sell. Also picked up xenoblade for wii u and gtA v for Xbox one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camarotuner View Post
    To be honest I wasn't even sure who they were. I was working security and they were on the "vip" list of people to make sure they were happy. I met a bunch of Internet personalities that way. Most were cool. Some you wanted to beat with a bat. Did that convention for nearly 10 years. Only rarely had any real problems. Pretty mellow crowd. I found out later they're basically scalpers with a web show where they complain about scalpers. I found that rather ironic.
    Well that's kind of cool, definitely meet some characters that way. You summed up their tactics there fairly well -- scalpers who moan about scalpers on top of what I said about cleaning places out loudly on camera so once their wave of destruction is done those going after don't find the deals anymore which is why I said a no class knockoff of American Pickers. I can't respect them at all, few I dislike as much as them as equally so and it's a short list I'm sure some could guess I'd put one or two more on their level with past years posts.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

With all the hubbub about what is "Coleco" these days, it was nice to come across this package. $50 for everything at a Salvation Army; the styrofoam packing is present in the box. Obviously very happy with Qubes and Montezuma's.

Last edited by orangest; 12-30-2015 at 10:20 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I found a new Nintendo brand nunchuck for $5 at goodwill today.
    it wasn't in the box but it still had the packing around the cord and end of the plug

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I''ll head outside of Dallas to a somewhat distant flea market and will hear "those Gamechaser guys were here a month ago, bought out all my best stuff" on more than one occasion.
    Are you talking about the skinny guy in Canton? Because if they're cleaning out Canton, there's nothing left in this part of the state.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I highly doubt that 2 guys and a camera dude are cleaning out any part of texas on their own. and sure you could bitch and whine about them showing all these spots to other people but in the long run, if they weren't doing this these places would be found and talked about any way.

I've given many places where I find stuff out to TONS of people. I still find stuff, and I live in a little shitty town.

back on topic

I found BLOPS 2 in a broken 360 I had

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dgdgagdae View Post
    Are you talking about the skinny guy in Canton? Because if they're cleaning out Canton, there's nothing left in this part of the state.
    I've only ever gone out to Canton once. I work retail, I'm on my feet walking for eight hours a day, five days a week. And after a few hours in Canton, I felt like my hip joints were disintegrating. It was a lot tougher than I would have thought.

I was actually talking about Big Daddy's Flea Market down in Gun Barrel City. I used to find good stuff there every once in a while, now nothing. They go there often, according to their show.

Have you gone to the McKinney Trade Days yet? There's one vendor out there that always has games, he's a good guy. Looking at the map, he's probably around booth 118 or thereabouts. I go out there and usually spend a good half hour just chewing the fat. I believe he also has a booth out in Canton somewhere.

By the way orangest, nice find on that boxed Colecovision! They're hard to find boxed. I hope it's working. I went through five Colecovisions bought in the wild before I found one that worked (that was years ago, it glitches now). And Q*Bert's Qubes along with Montezuma's Revenge! Nice way of starting a Colecovision collection!
    Last edited by Steve W; 01-02-2016 at 01:18 AM.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My last finds of 2015 were a trio of CD-I games that I found at a local mom n' pop shop.

They were...

A Great Day at the Races
    ABC Sports Presents The Palm Springs Open
    Tetris
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Have you gone to the McKinney Trade Days yet? There's one vendor out there that always has games, he's a good guy. Looking at the map, he's probably around booth 118 or thereabouts. I go out there and usually spend a good half hour just chewing the fat. I believe he also has a booth out in Canton somewhere.
    I've never been to the McKinney Trade Days, even though I live fairly close in Wylie. From talking to him in Canton, I think we're talking about the same dude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I was in Wylie just recently, checking out the Game Trade store that opened up there. As usual, nothing pre-NES there.

The skinny guy you're talking about - does he have long blond hair and is into obscure metal bands?

Have you been out to the flea markets in Quinlan, over by Lake Tawakoni? There's two, one's terrible and run down and the other one's new and nice. The new one used to have a great game vendor until he decided to give up on it. I bought some pretty cool stuff out there in the past, but the last three or four visits have turned up nothing at all.