Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PS4 dominating even with no games ?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Since the launch of this gen we've seen that for fans of Japanese games, PS4 domination is good for gamers in the west. An announcement today brings up the first Gundam game we've received in the west since that pos Gundam Crossfire.

Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs Force isn't a PS4 game, it's a Vita game, but all these Japanese releases started to come out after the massive popularity of the PS4 and developers actually started to get good sales for their Japanese releases. It's like the PS2 all over again when we got a lot of good Gundam games right up until the Namco Bandai merger where we had to pretty much import everything Gundam. This makes me pretty sure that Gundam Breaker 3 is going to be released on the PS4 and Vita in the west. If you own a PS4 or Vita, based on my experience with the first game, you'll want to buy it.

Anyways. I'll be getting Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs Force the day it comes out to show my support so we keep getting games. This is basically the latest in the Gundam vs Gundam franchise. Good arcade like fighting game if you haven't played it, unfortunately it's a bit difficult to have an enjoyable online match when online is filled with racist Japanese who keep suiciding or kicking you from the room if you're not Japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPCSldykStA
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure about the Vita but you know the PS4 is region free so anything that comes out over there in Japan is playable for you. And if the Vita is region free than you can literally play anything across both systems without having to worry about them being localized.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    I'm not sure about the Vita but you know the PS4 is region free so anything that comes out over there in Japan is playable for you. And if the Vita is region free than you can literally play anything across both systems without having to worry about them being localized.
    Just because the systems are region free doesn't mean that it's okay to not receive localizations. Too many games are unplayable because of the language barrier. Even when the language barrier is limited it still takes a reasonable amount of time to get used to what certain functions and options mean now that so many games deal with statistics and customization now days.

No localization also means that we're limited to the amount of reviews we can read on a game and also it's hard to tell whether it's a game you'd really enjoy. Sometimes it might seem that it's a game you'd enjoy, but then when receiving it, the game is a pos. Phantasy Star Nova is a great example. Too much of a language barrier to be enjoyable, didn't seem that way in the videos I watched, and way too easy and way way way way way too repetitive when you do get to the gameplay. A huge step back from any other Phantasy Star Online or Portable game I've played.

There's also the exorbitant import prices compared to what we'd spend if the game was actually released in our country. So unless we read Japanese, we have to deal with the language barrier on top of paying a high price.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 12-21-2015 at 08:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Back on Topic (somewhat)

Uncharted 4 delayed till late April 2016

More smoke and mirrors

Naw, but seriously, wake me up when the PS4 has a super compelling exclusive ( I guess late April ) I am however genuinely excited for Playstation VR. I might hate it after trying it, but at this current point in time, I'm quite excited for PS VR but have no idea if I'm actually going to like it or not, so hopefully they get demos at best buy or something..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    Naw, but seriously, wake me up when the PS4 has a super compelling exclusive ( I guess late April ) I am however genuinely excited for Playstation VR. I might hate it after trying it, but at this current point in time, I'm quite excited for PS VR but have no idea if I'm actually going to like it or not, so hopefully they get demos at best buy or something..
    There's been more exclusive retail titles worth playing on the PS4 and more indie titles worth playing on the PS4 than Xbox One. Microsoft's entire library is smoke and mirrors because it's nothing more than Phil Spencer spreading misinformation to the fanbase in hopes that someone drops $300 on a console with less games right now, not to mention the games that are coming out in the future. A one month delay. Whoopty doo. Better than a game that's broken at launch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'd rather wait a month too instead of the usual third party garbage of late beta broken problems to patch out within the day to a week after release or so. And yeah the One is living off smoke and mirrors. I still find it cute some fanboys will rattle off Titanfall being exclusive and amazing, yet given decent PC hardware you get a superior version on there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Just because the systems are region free doesn't mean that it's okay to not receive localizations. Too many games are unplayable because of the language barrier. Even when the language barrier is limited it still takes a reasonable amount of time to get used to what certain functions and options mean now that so many games deal with statistics and customization now days.

No localization also means that we're limited to the amount of reviews we can read on a game and also it's hard to tell whether it's a game you'd really enjoy. Sometimes it might seem that it's a game you'd enjoy, but then when receiving it, the game is a pos. Phantasy Star Nova is a great example. Too much of a language barrier to be enjoyable, didn't seem that way in the videos I watched, and way too easy and way way way way way too repetitive when you do get to the gameplay. A huge step back from any other Phantasy Star Online or Portable game I've played.

There's also the exorbitant import prices compared to what we'd spend if the game was actually released in our country. So unless we read Japanese, we have to deal with the language barrier on top of paying a high price.
    Very true and I would rather have a local copy too. However, I got very use to importing games back during the PS1 gen. To the point where I learned the entire Katakana alphabet just to be able to navigate through any menu screens that might otherwise prove difficult. It helped that I didn't play any rpg's. So I'd take a local copy when available but if not I don't mind importing a game that may not come out over here.

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    Back on Topic (somewhat)

Uncharted 4 delayed till late April 2016

More smoke and mirrors

Naw, but seriously, wake me up when the PS4 has a super compelling exclusive ( I guess late April )
    I'm just going to build you a time machine. We'll set it for say, 2052. That's a nice round number and in that year there's guaranteed to be at least one super compelling PS4 exclusive....maybe.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I recently got a PS4, when they were lowered to $299 at Amazon.

I too was skeptical about the games available. Then, in less than a month, I already have 20 physical games in my collection, and those were titles I really did want to play. Plus, I had amassed around 50+ PSN games thanks to Playstation Plus.

So the idea of the system not having games is a mere illusion. This applies to the Xbox One as well.

The same thing was said about the Vita, and I currently have over 65 physical titles and a plethora of PSN games. I believe that the reason why people think there are no games is because they don't give those same games an actual try...there were many games that I first thought they did not interest me, but when I started playing them, I was surprised on how good they were. I was not influenced by hype or reviews at all. Those are all relative to the reviewers taste.

Granted, this is just my opinion. But I suggest giving titles a try and not dismiss them, even if they don't seem interesting. You may be missing out on quite a few gems.

And also because Amazon reduced the price of my PS4 to $149.50, but that's a different story altogether.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The free PSplus games are a gift and also shitty. I see people saying how nice it is to get free games. Yeah. But they will remove them from you if your membership expires. I'd rather pay for it when it's on sale and have it be mine, than build a huge digital collection of rentals that will most likely not get played, not having to renew subscriptions if I don't want to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You know back on that first page I said I didn't think it would be a good idea, but screw it. Click those, then sort by the US market, or click Exclus(ive) once to get 'console' on top (timed is second, and network digital stuff is third.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...#PlayStation_4
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...on%29#Xbox_One

So what 'no games' are we talking about exactly on PS4. And if they have no games, what's less than no games when the One has a shorter list?? Negative games?

Fiery -- Agreed, I went through that as I grabbed the games for the 4mo of free PS+ I had, and now they're all locked. I ended up erasing them both off the system and also my html inventory I keep. You don't own them, they are free, but they're just free rentals until you stop buying the service which is totally reasonable and fair. It's best to watch for those deep sales where you can get them gog/steam like cheap as they're paid for and can't be removed then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    The free PSplus games are a gift and also shitty. I see people saying how nice it is to get free games. Yeah. But they will remove them from you if your membership expires. I'd rather pay for it when it's on sale and have it be mine, than build a huge digital collection of rentals that will most likely not get played, not having to renew subscriptions if I don't want to.
    That's why I like Microsoft's version of this. If you cancel your subscription you get to keep all the free games you downloaded on your 360. I think the only reason they switched this over on the Xbox One was because they saw how easily Sony was chumping their customers with the paid rentals on both PS3 and PS4. But at least they kept it the same on the 360. They also recently made it where 360 owners can also get the free Xbox One games even if they don't have an Xbox One yet.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P