Thread: World of Nintendo Collectable Figurines - Can anyone tell me a little more about these?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Question World of Nintendo Collectable Figurines - Can anyone tell me a little more about these?

Hey guys. I've attached a picture of some of these little Nintendo figurines from Walmart I've been collecting, and I was wondering if anyone else knew a little more about them. I did a quick search but I didn't really find out very much at all about them. I only saw a few of the same figures for sale at on online store in different, more elaborate packaging (in boxes with a plastic form wrap cover around them).

The only place I've seen these figures in person is Walmart, always near a checkout. Actually, all but one of them were sent to me from a friend in Georgia who knows I'm into Nintendo stuff. Whenever she sees a new different one she gets it for me. They're only $3.95, at least all of the ones I've gotten so far were anyway. I have 11 of them so far; these seven pictured, and she's sending me four more that she picked up soon: Blue Yoshi, Peach, Waluigi, and a Deku Link (I believe that's what it is from what she described).

Anyway, has anyone seen these for sale anywhere else, or know how many there are?

The figures are pretty cool and detailed for the price. They're about 2.5 inches tall, nestled in a thin plastic form, and secured in the packaging with a twist tie, so they're easy to remove and replace if you want to display them off the cards. What sucks is that the figures don't even have the names of the characters or any identifying series numbers on the packaging at all. All they say is WORLD OF NINTENDO at the very top, and COLLECTIBLE FIGURINE above the figures on the top left side of the package. They each show about 5 random figures (which they DO name) on the back of each box.

The Toon Link figure has a removable shield, which is an obvious choking hazard. There's a warning for it on the package, still, considering it's marketed for ages 3+, I'm shocked it was released at all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	won-figures.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	8386  
    Last edited by Emperor Megas; 12-07-2015 at 02:39 PM.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

You might want to check Toys-r-Us, they have many Nintendo toys (along with the best selection of amiibos).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I don't have a Toys 'R' Us near by, unfortunately. I suppose I could check TRU online, but I sort of like just being surprised and finding them in the wild. I'm really curious to know how many of these were released, and I'm interested in learning what the deal is with the alternate packaged ones.

I've attached a picture of some of the ones in the more elaborate packaging. I don't know where these are sold, as the image is pulled from an eBay listing from a Google search. The packaging is cooler, but they're a lot bulkier, and I sort of like the smaller, simpler cardboard cards of the ones I've gotten. Plus, I have a feeling the boxed ones are pricier.

Name:	figures.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	8388  

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    I don't have a Toys 'R' Us near by, unfortunately. I suppose I could check TRU online, but I sort of like just being surprised and finding them in the wild. I'm really curious to know how many of these were released, and I'm interested in learning what the deal is with the alternate packaged ones.

I've attached a picture of some of the ones in the more elaborate packaging. I don't know where these are sold, as the image is pulled from an eBay listing from a Google search. The packaging is cooler, but they're a lot bulkier, and I sort of like the smaller, simpler cardboard cards of the ones I've gotten. Plus, I have a feeling the boxed ones are pricier.
    I dont collect the world of nintendo figures, but sometimes when I goto Toys-r-Us for amiibo I check them out. They are bigger and of course more expensive. There are quite a few different figures out now, a quick search brought up a list: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfNintendo/wiki/index

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Awesome. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

That link helped a lot. It seems Walmart had their own releases, and there weren't that many their sets, which is good, I suppose. I see they threw some limited run ones into the mix though. Great, that just means I won't find them all offline, so I'll probably bite the bullet and grab those online, or put them on my facebook wishlist anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    so I'll probably bite the bullet and grab those online,
    No pun intended right? I noticed they made a limited edition Gold Bullet Bill, limited to only 3000. He seems to sell on ebay for around 20$. I think these world of Nintendo figures would be alot more popular if they werent overshadowed by amiibos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yeah, you saw what I did there.

You know, the first thing I thought about when I saw these little figures was that they were put out BECAUSE of the popularity of Amiibos. They seem like a cash grab for a similar looking product based on the popularity of Amiibo figures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I got lucky at Walmart last night and found a Gold Bullet Bill figurine. I was the only one in a pretty large lot of figures, so I guess they really are limited.

Name:	goldbullet2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	8389  

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Hmm didn't know there was a market for these. I should have picked up star power Mario when i saw it....

Ooh well

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I pick these up when I find them, they're cool little trinkets for the game shelves. I honestly don't know if any are collectible, I open them all when I buy them. My feeling is unless they're vintage I don't care.