Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Devil's Third for Wii U super rare

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Bloodborne The Old Hunter's Asia version is rare. It may be able to be found at other Japanese outlets, but I just bought the last copy at Play Asia which now states "out of stock/out of print." Was only out for a little more than a month, now it won't be able to be found soon. The UK version is also available as Bloodborne Game of the Year edition. Now I'm wondering if I should play it or keep it sealed until prices sky rocket like they did with Soul Sacrifice Delta Asian English version.

http://www.play-asia.com/bloodborne-...subs/13/70989l

*edit* Seems it's back in stock. May or may not be out of print thought.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 01-01-2016 at 06:43 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I fail to see the rarity in this title. Finding it in stock a few places and game stop is out here but able to ship a new copy to my house

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Temporarily rare, or just localized rare for a time?

I remember when the DS was rolling in its prime Namco as you know are fairly advertising, distribution, and supply stupid unless it's one of their Pac-Man things or arcade fighter based stuff. They released Point Blank DS and it took me almost a month to find it in town here a decade ago. Gamestop didn't even list it as existing (no SKU), other main game stores like TRU, Target, BB never really had a clue either or it was listed but never in stock on/offline thinking it never shipped. Namco said it was out there, eventually I decided to start trying second tier stores like those movie/game/misc places and of all of them ripoff FYE in the mall had it, ONE copy, only one in the entire county and I snapped it up at regular price. It took another month or two before I saw another new copy at retail. Very weird, but after that point I started seeing it all over the place, not in huge supply but like a few copies at each store. Maybe this game is going around similar to that since M games aren't really things Nintendo likes to advertise them having a hand in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure if it's a good or a bad thing that this game is on the most undesirable system of this generation. The majority of people trying to get it now are people who just want it because it's hard to find. The price may stay high for awhile if it still doesn't get a proper restock but the availability of the digital version should keep it from getting out of control. There may be some renewed interest in it next gen if the NX ends up being backwards compatible with Wii U games but even then there's still the option of releasing it digital on that platform as well, depending on the details specified in Nintendo's contract for distribution of the game.

Slightly off topic, has anyone played Alien: Isolation and if so what did you think about it? The digital version is on sale this week for $7.50 alone or for $10 with all 7 DLC packs. Even though I prefer physical copies I was wondering if it was worth a purchase.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 01-01-2016 at 05:03 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    I fail to see the rarity in this title. Finding it in stock a few places and game stop is out here but able to ship a new copy to my house
    Really? Where? Other than Amazon, the physical version hasn't been available anywhere online since launch. Also, Gamestop hasn't been able to do ship in store since before release. Al of the people I know on other forums who have placed such a store to home order received a cancellation call shortly thereafter. I got my copy from Best Buy because I preordered it, but this is clearly a game that is hard to purchase right now at MSRP.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I had a feeling I should've preordered the FE Fates LE as soon as it was announced. Local GameStop told me their stock was claimed within two weeks.
    It's stupid to pay double usual 3DS price, but even stupider to be able to get the same game content for the same price through DLC without the physical extras.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

A month later, the prices are down on eBay. Those who bought this for over $100 should have waited.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

its this Nintendo consoles mad world, that's all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    its this Nintendo consoles mad world, that's all
    How so? I don't see any real similarities to the Wii's Mad World, but I must say it's been about 7 years since I played it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hype and perceived availability I think he's getting at. For a time the value on it spiked when collectors freaked thinking it would be hard to get, and then now if you look ahead the game went into the $10 and under toilet burning the panicking and impatient.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Doesn't Devil's Third first have to have been hyped in order to be compared? MadWorld was well received, Devil's Third definitely hasn't been.

If anything, it's the direct opposite situation here. Despite modest sales and sadly a glut of copies since Sega was overconfident that quality would sell copies, MadWorld perhaps was overrated somewhat by the media and gamers alike. Devil's Third on the other hand for the few that were willing to dig deeper report that it's a decent C grade action title rather than the disaster it's widely accepted as, that has largely sold at retail due to a small print run and the resulting hope of it being collectible.

They're almost as opposite as they come.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 02-06-2016 at 09:27 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

I got my physical copy day of release. I really enjoyed the game. Don't get the bad reviews. Felt like a B movie 80s action film. Dumb but fun. It controlled well. Some part of the game look nice like character models or cars but no doubt some parts of the game need work..like really need work. Most of it serves the purpose but that's it. Boss battles were quite enjoyable and VERY challenging. How the game presents bosses is very Metal Gear. Not saying it's as good as MG just saying the presentation is similar. Final boss is pretty damn cool and the reveal at the end is kinda neat. Online multiplayer is the most fun I had this side of Splatoon and Rocket League.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

I found a used copy last week, and took it home! Gameplay reminds me of an original Xbox action game, its very basic and straightforward but I did enjoy it for what it is, dont expect mgsV but its not as bad as reviews says. A m-rated Nintendo published game that will be hard to find in a couple of years IMO.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
    A month later, the prices are down on eBay. Those who bought this for over $100 should have waited.
    There is a reprint releasing 02/09/16. Gamestop and Amazon have both opened preorders over the past day or so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
    How so? I don't see any real similarities to the Wii's Mad World, but I must say it's been about 7 years since I played it.
    oh sorry I meant in terms of questionable content of the game and the violence of it, not in style or gameplay it self.
    basically not very Nintendo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    There is a reprint releasing 02/09/16. Gamestop and Amazon have both opened preorders over the past day or so.
    Thanks for the tip. I've had a $60 GameStop gift card since xmas just waiting for more copies to eek out. After reading this I checked the website and it was indeed available to buy online. I just made the order. I normally don't do online (shipping charges and what not) and prefer the brick and mortar stores but decided it wasn't in my best interest to wait and find out my store only got 1 or 2 and they sold out before I got off work.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Oh nice. I wonder if they will be 100% identical, or there will be some indicator of a second run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

To recap, Devil's Third NA release was initially very rare. I got it brand new in December 2015 for $84, at the height of its discussion of rarity. Then in early 2016, it seemed to have gotten a reprint, and prices went way back down to normal. I was kicking myself for paying $84, but flash forward to 2019...

It seems to have gone way up in value again. Here's one with a bid that's at $139.99, with 5 hours to go. That's the cheapest on eBay now. There are others dirt cheap, but they are the EU and Japan versions. The NA one is the rare one.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zap! For This Useful Post:

Ryudo (11-26-2019), WelcomeToTheNextLevel (11-27-2019)

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

Still have my copy and not selling but damn.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not sure if it will go as high as $275, but there has actually been 3 copies sold recently that went for around $140.