Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: 2016 - Yearly Finds Thread

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I apologize for the lack of pictures. My phone’s not playing nice with my Mac tonight. Anyway, here’s my purchases for last couple of months.

Craigslist Purchases:

Red New Nintendo 3DS XL (New) - $160

There’s a bit of a story behind this purchase. I was originally intending to buy the Pokemon 20th Anniversary 3DS. But after doing some research, I realized that the screen size would be too small for me. So I began searching on Craigslist instead and found an unopened XL model listed for $180.

I contacted the seller and haggled the price down to $170. We were going to meet that afternoon, but the seller had to reschedule last minute. I then agreed to meet her the next day instead, but she didn’t show up and didn’t contact me either.

By this point I was getting annoyed with the seller, and decided it wasn’t worth the hassle of rescheduling a third time. So I sent a polite but firm email telling her I no longer interested in buying her system. However, she sent me a reply apologizing profusely for forgetting about our meeting, and offered to drop the price of the N3DS to $160 to make amends.

I figured for that price, I’d give the seller one last chance. Fortunately, everything worked out, and I can finally play the copy of Xenoblade Chronicles I bought a year ago.

Pokemon Omega Ruby (Used, Complete) - $25.00

Amazon Purchases:

Black Jack TV Set 1 & 2 DVD (New) - $39.99 Each

Fullmetal Alchemist The Complete Series BR (New) - $22.99

Tsubasa Chronicles OVA Collection DVD (New) - $19.98

Doctor Who Series 4 Part 1 & 2 DVD (New) - $24.00 Total

Sonic X: The Chaos & Shadow Sagas DVD (New) - $14.99

Pawn Shop & Thrift Store Purchases:

Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 2 (Used, Complete) - $10.00

Child of Light (Used, Complete) - $15.00

htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary (Used, Complete) - $10.00

Someone had traded in their Vita system and games to a local pawn shop. Although I couldn’t afford the system, the games were priced so cheaply that I couldn’t resist buying them. I’ll stick them in my backlog until I find a good deal on a system. There’s a few more games that interested me as well, so I might go back later this week to get them.

The Little Mermaid Diamond Edition BR/DVD (Used, Complete) - $5.99

Peter Pan Diamond Edition BR/DVD (Used, Complete) - $10.00

The Terminator DVD (Used, Complete) - $1.50

The Terminator 2 DVD (Used, Complete) - $1.50

EB Games Purchases:

Chibi-Robo Zip Lash Amiibo Bundle (New) - $14.99

Hori N3DS Screen Protectors (New) - $9.99
    Last edited by SEGA_Queen; 04-19-2016 at 10:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    the remote for the TV's is amazingly the one made for them only I found it at a different thrift across town, pretty crazy random find if you ask me.
    Around 1988, a friend of mine and I were going to a closing computer and video game store, and along the way we stopped at a pawn shop. I ended up buying a weird looking loose Intellivision game I'd never seen before, it had a white label and was called Mind Strike. When we got to the store, I ended up buying a used Intellivision ECS for $10. I'd only been collecting Intellivision games for a year or even less, and didn't know that Mind Strike was only playable with the ECS. It was a weird coincidence that I bought an ECS just an hour and a half later and about 15 miles away from the only ECS cartridge I would ever come across up until maybe three years ago. And as a bonus, turned out it was a fantastic game that quickly became my favorite on the system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I had a similar thing happen here in town within like 6 months or so of being back here (so around 3 years back.) The closer of 2 half price books up the street from me got a game I always wanted for Gamecube but was denied due to the incompetence of NOA resident retard Reggie shooting it down despite being handed it translated into english -- Doshin the Giant. But there it was on the shelf, the PAL release of the game and it even included a white Gamecube 1st party memory card formatted for PAL so the saves would retain (can't put cross region saves on a card, it jacks em up or erases I forget) for just $20 so I snapped it up fast as it was like dead mint and I was shocked. I then recalled I knew I could soft-mod the GC using a bypass disc, ended up going 10mi half way across town and for another $20 I picked up the Freeloader 1.06 disc CIB from a local chain -- and with that raced home and played a game denied to me over a decade and I still own it -- amazing game we got dicked out of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Another weird coincidence, former poster 98PaceCar had gone to Japan and picked me up a PC Engine and a pile of games. We were going to meet up one evening so I could pay him and get the stuff, but before that I killed time by doing some thrift store shopping. Turns out the Goodwill I hit a couple hours before had a new travel adaptor for electrical appliances, but this one was a Japanese adaptor (it had a label saying "to only be sold in Japan") for use with American power outlets. So before I got a Japanese game console, I totally randomly found a Japanese voltage adaptor so I could play it without worrying about the 100/110 volt difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's a weird one alright with the whole A->B thing going on just out of nowhere much like the stuff I posted.

Back on finds. This year for me has been the year of as far as gaming goes Sega, GB/C/A aside Nintendo I've given the total brush off due to the market.

The month of April though has been the month of the blue Game Gear. A couple weeks back I picked up a blue one with 5 commons (1 I used as a break open test, useless football game), official sega power plug and car adapter too. It had XMEN, Lion King, MK2, World Series Baseball as the keepers all for $30. Sound is great, screen once it warms up is too, but I've picked up a LED kit and cap kit for it online.

Since then I've been mixing up snapping up things on (more or less lots) and offline and I'm up to about 30 games at little real cost.

Online I've picked up the EU release of Wonderboy 3 Dragon's Trap (most I've paid yet at 15 shipped from the Netherlands, crazy thing showed up within 5 days too!) And then I grabbed Wonderboy (Revenge of Drancon), and also the Adventures of Batman and Robin as one offs. The rest were lots. A 7 game $20 lot had Aerial Assault(personal favorite), Bust-A-Move, ECCO, NHL (CIB), Castle of Illusion, MK1, and Jurassic Park. I got a $7 4 game lot of Sonic 2, Sonic Spinball, G-Loc, and Columns. And then one last 6 game lot with Shinobi 2, Ninja Gaiden(personal favorite again), Devilish, Junction, Dragon Crystal, and Crystal Warriors for $33.

Locally I've found and not paying more than $5/game too. And those would be little lots as well really. Today for $12 was Dynamite Headdy+Fantazy Zone+Land of Illusion. Last weekend for $15 was Fatal Fury Special, Samurai Shodown, Sonic Chaos and Streets of Rage. I did buy one when I got my Blaster transformer during the week for $5 -- Streets of Rage 2. That should cover it.

Not bad? I'm still learning the ropes on the values on these and if they suck or not trying not to pick up bad stuff.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

EEEEEE I just sent an e-mail on a arcade machine on craigslist.

fingers crossed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

My last pickup from Facebook retro gamer group. Paid half the cost of eBay price. On top of that finally the summon night 5 physical release arrived.
    Last edited by ScourDX; 01-29-2018 at 08:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Oh so passe about PD Saga eh

I added more goodies again from the other flea/local shop I got for $9 taxed 13 game gear cases + nba jam te. Out at the flea, got Double Dragon and Ecco 2 for $12. And then not for keeps outside I got some freebies which was nice since I know a few people out there I'll regular when I pop up. 2 Game & Watch manuals, Mario Kart GC (disc only), and a couple of those Mario Galaxy collector coin things (keeping 1) and a Nintendo Light Boy for GB (still works, probably keep it I think.) I also got slipped a nikon coolpix s3000 camera with its battery and strap, no charger/cables though so no idea if it's dead (I'll pick up a charger for $5 to test it.)

I guess I'll finally have a few nice things to stuff up on ebay so I can get another GG game or a transformer or smoething. Those manuals are worth $20-30 a piece (Mario Bros and DK2) and Mario Kart alone is upwards of $30 shipped on the disc which i think is weird, probably post it at $23-25 shipped just to move it. The coin package I'd just do $5+shipping on. The camera I have hopes on it works, if it ends up being nicer than the one I'm borrowing off my wife (a canon elph 100 hs powershot I'll give it back and use the nikon. Reviews say they're more or less equals but the image sensor of the Nikon appears to give a better picture, but I'm not sure if it has anti-shake on it as some places act like it does and others don't which seems odd any camera would not have that from just a few years ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

hey if you need disc 4 for panzer dragoon saga let me know. for some reason I only have disc 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

hey if you need disc 4 for panzer dragoon saga let me know. for some reason I only have disc 4
    Sure I keep that in mind. my copy came with all 4 disc.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

EEEEEE I just sent an e-mail on a arcade machine on craigslist.

fingers crossed!
    What cabinet, of you don't mind the question?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

April 16th:

Found a Sears Tele-Games Hockey-Tennis II unit for $10. Got the (very worn) box, styrofoam and instructions with it. No idea if it works yet, I have no adapter to hook it up to a TV with. Console itself looks in VG shape though.

Oh and I saw the replies earlier about coincidences. I have one: August 2004: Bought a copy of Dr. Mario which was severely "suntanned" (had yellowed plastic, mostly on the back) down to a point where the yellowing just stopped. January 2005: Bought a NES Top Loader which also had "suntan", about 50 miles from where I found the Dr. Mario cart. Later found they fit together perfectly, guessed they must have been sitting together with their back to a window for some years. I sold those together on here.

- Austin
    Last edited by Slate; 04-25-2016 at 01:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

My finds this weekend:

Ys the Vanished Omens for Sega Master System: 9 usd, CIB. The battery works, the PCB is in great condition, and the manual says the hero is "Aron Christian" ....

Dragon Warrior 7 PS1. 34usd, box and discs only.

Wild Arms PS1 22 usd, CIB

Jet Force Gemini 9 usd, Cart Only, mint condition.

Cheers.
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Spent some of my tax return money over on Aliexpress. Before any one says anything, YES THEY ARE REPROS and NO I DONT PLAN ON RESELLING! I collect to play and this is probably the cheapest way to play these titles without breaking the bank. My son is heavily into the ninja turtles right now and he is having a blast playing turtles in time and NES tournament fighters.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160427_194938_resized (Large).jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	9017 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160427_195056_resized (Large).jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	9019

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Haven't posted in a while. Had a couple finds worth posting so here they are:

Black/blue ds lite with Pokemon leafgreen $10. No charger or stylus but ds is in great shape and works perfect.
    Box of nes accessories and games $10. Three controllers, nes rf switch and sega genesis power cord. The games are: Track & Field 2, RBI baseball, Turtles arcade game, Castlevania 3, Mega man 4, and Mega man 5. The three gameboy games were also in the box. They are Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3, and super Mario Land
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CORDS2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	9107   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CORDS.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	9106   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CORDS 3.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	125.3 KB 
ID:	9105  

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I finally woke up early enough to go flea market shopping. Bought this odd Wico joystick with a large slanted base on it in a style I've never seen before. $10. And on my way home stopped at a game store where I picked up the Konix Speedking just because I've only seen the Epyx branded versions here in the US, and I had been thinking about the vaporware Konix Multisystem a few days before. $8 loose.

Last edited by Steve W; 05-14-2016 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Forgot to post the pic link

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

SNES Tecmo Super Bowl II with box and a chart of all (then) NFL teams.
    Missing the manual but I'm sure $10 on that is a steal.
    Unsure of the SFC or Genesis versions, but I believe the US SNES version is a legit fairly-rare game, at least out of standard released games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

no pics, too exhausted, ever one is driving me bonkers

so far I picked up this month:
    a loose copy of Altered Beast on genesis 50 cents
    a loose copy of star wars pod racer on N64 for $3
    a GameCube disc wallet full of games for $29
    games include:
    F-Zero GX
    Smash Bros
    Crash Nitro Kart
    Fifa 04
    Soul Calibur 2
    Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
    StarFox Adventures
    Top Gun Combat Zones
    NFL Street
    Pro Action Replay
    and 2 big memory cards

I think I got a few cables
    got a new monitor that I am working the review on but I may with hold that content to see whats going on here
    and I cant remember what else.

like I say things been crappy, and its frustrating because I am usually on top of things posting here with pics soon after I get stuff

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Wow, Melee alone was worth that. (even though it should be a dirt common game, it's so overpriced)

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm still fighting to make time to get back into everything and this place has started imploding on itself.

Anyway I just got back from a local bimonthly trade meetup, I mostly traded rare colored N64 systems, a Pikachu N64, a boxed 32X, and a few games for all this stuff.

Last edited by understatement; 06-25-2016 at 09:40 PM.
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV