Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 - Yearly Finds Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default March 2016 find

March already? Here are the weekly find

(Photobucket link screwup so I have to delete them)
    Last edited by ScourDX; 01-29-2018 at 08:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It mostly is this month but some bleed back into the last as I had to get some replacement stickers or a missing part or two to be complete. These aren't games, but what I've been replacing games with, LEGO and Transformers (G1.)

For starters got this about week ago -- Lego 10220 the Volkswagen T1 Camper Van, it had 2 cracked pieces and around a dozen missing of which all but 4 I could replace without an online order sadly but it's 100% now and whoever owned it first handled sticker placement like a champ as it looks so right.
    Attachment 8608

And then into Transformerland with some G1's the leaders, and some of their cronies -- Optimus Prime, Megatron, Astrotrain, Thrust, Warpath, Outback and some manuals/scan cards that go to existing or new.

I don't want to picture bomb the thread so a link is easier you can choose to look or not, but everything is complete (other than the missing 4 missile bits for Thrust, not paying $40 for that which is stupid.)
    http://s232.photobucket.com/user/tan...?sort=9&page=1

I cleared a spot on that shelf of mine with game and lego, up top for the smalls in that link along with prime's cab and big ol Jetfire. I've got them all up in robot mode both places, but Prime/Jazz and Megatron(w/full turret) and Starscream on my desk in pairs and also grand slam/rain dance in vehicle mode on my desk lamp base since his combined slamdance mode is kind of wobbly.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

No pictures but here are my recent pickups. All for $5 each and all complete.

Bubble Bobble (PS)
    Sheep (PS)
    Eternal Darkness (GC)
    Summoner (GC)
    Mario DDR (case and manual only, FREE)
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I found some oddball stuff today, if anything my little girl made out big time.

Personally I snapped up 3 gobots at $5/ea and DK Land 1 for old Gameboy for $5 too. The normal gobots were a shuttle and a dune buggy, then I guess the other is a super gobot, it looks like a german panzer tank and it's in amazing shape so that caught my eye.

I did find for $3 this Lego Racers plastic box with parts in it, ended up it was full and better yet it had that one on the box minus a wheel, but interestingly enough it also had 3 other cars. One is a stand alone pace car that's all there, then there were these 2 others that went into this fold out set(obviously missing) and besides like 4 parts on 1 car (other 100%) it's all there too. I kind of dislike the missing bit on that, especially the fold out set and the hood and plate on the orange/black car would be a pain to get. I'm thinking I may just give my kid all the lego cars instead of just the red/green one (I'll get the wheel) as she loves Lego stuff. I'm kind of picky about completion and no booklets.

Ok and then for her this is where she did well, I got her an 18" bike, very light wear, I'm guessing some girl had it and barely used the thing as the cream colored tires aren't really worn but in the center a little and few scuffs elsewhere. It's like a $100 strawberry shortcake bike, paid $20. I was telling her I'd get her training wheels, the old man said had had some, ended up having a new $20 box of them all steel with black hard rubber wheels on them and sold me that for $8 more. In a way I paid full price for training wheels ($20) and got a $100 bike for free. And then last Christmas there was that Disney Frozen Sing with Elsa doll for $50, found one as an open box product for $10 that hadn't been used. She had a good day.

Last Thursday I was gifted a complete in box Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark Boulder Escape LEGO set and also a Lego Americana Liberty Bell (has no lego set # as it was a limited road show thing they did years ago.) Also ended up getting The Martain on blu ray and the Hayao Miyazaki Complete Collection Amazon only sells with all the Disney released movies in there (like 12~) which is also on blu-ray. And I had picked up the Tiger Handheld Afterburner as well on ebay for $10 (usually goes around $30) which is a lot of fun. Damn thing was disgusting when it arrived dirty as hell and wouldn't respond, scoured it inside and out hardcore works great now.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i had a few things to start this off but I've been kinda distant since the whole Firey thing, kinda disturbs me a bit.

any way no pics, none are needed i don't think.

today i managed to get:
    Fat PS2 w/av for $4 (doesn't read discs go fig)
    Mario Party 4 case & manual only $1

yesterday and earlier in the week i got:
    3x NES controllers $5 ea
    3ds charger $1
    Coleco Quiz and 4 carts/books (#'s 1, 4, 6, 7) for $4
    Game Genie for GameBoy $10
    N64 transfer Pak (NUS-019) for $8
    6x solid wood dining room chairs with solid backs for $100 (really nice)
    Megaman legacy collection for 3ds (i think that i got that this month?) $Gift

i know i am missing stuff

i also re discovered that i have 2 boxed Atari 2600's today and that my 2 Ti 99/4a's are also boxed. still no sign of my 5200's and my intelivision though. so sad

any way everything was goodwill or thrift of some nature except for the game genie and transfer pak, those came from GameStar. the only local game store that sells any thing older than PS3 near by me.
    the game genie was pure impulse, i hadn't seen one for game boy since it was new in stores and this one still had the teeny tiny book in it. it was overall a little dirty but in good shape. the transfer pak was something i got the next day. i got home and we were going over games we could use as a tournament and Pokémon came up, i had stadium but only one transfer pak and that's when my friend went "OH! they had one at the game store!" really loudly suddenly.....like 30 minutes later.

i'm leaving for Salem (OR), Portland (OR), Vancouver (WA) on Saturday night and heading back down the coast after so i'm sure i'll hit up places and find some good stuff. i usually do at least.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Picked up a sealed Soul Calibur V for 360 at Goodwill. A little over $10 it cost me.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

OH! i remember what i was forgetting

Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 NEW $4 at goodwill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Pick up for the past two weeks. Don't know why I have an urged to collect my childhood games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Nice spread, the GB stuff is very good. I hope you didn't get hosed paying up on MM5 though as that's one of the few just out of control.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Nice spread, the GB stuff is very good. I hope you didn't get hosed paying up on MM5 though as that's one of the few just out of control.
    No I didn't. These day I purchased a lot of games through Facebook VG collector group. Most users are collectors help out other collectors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I wish I had your connection to that. I'd happily give older school rates in trade or whatever to get a few nice things than deal with the scum of craigslist and ebay any day. Good on you. Not sure I'd make MM3-5 a priority but I'd love to snap up Final Fantasy Legend 1-3 complete in the box as those maps were vital to success as they had entire guides to every piece of gear and who it worked for and not and how well, spells too and other good stuff. I've got one from a good collector like you're saying there for FF Adventure a little over a year ago which was a happy moment. Those 3 SaGa games are fun.

Anyway I had a bit of odd luck at the Goodwill today for around $2.50.

I had never really hard of this before until I saw the box, did a rapid ebay/google search and found out it's worth like $40 but I'm not selling it, it's for keeps.
    Sid Meier's Civilization Chronicles

You can see pics of it on this stellar looking professional looking post with lots of images and junk on ebay from some other guy (saves me the trouble for now.)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Firaxis-Comp...8AAOSw~OVW0fTc

All these games to start (on 8 discs
    • Sid Meier's Civilization IV
    • Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete which in itself includes:
    •Sid Meier's Civilization III (Game of the Year Edition)
    •Sid Meier's Civilization III: Play the World
    •Sid Meier's Civilization III: Conquests
    • Sid Meier’s Civilization II and the expansions:
    •Civilization II: Fantastic Worlds
    •Sid Meier's Civilization II: Conflicts in Civilization Scenarios
    •Civilization II: Test of Time
    • Sid Meier's Civilization

Sadly CIV1 still hates 64bit windows, but CIV2 works at least!! (Yay, its' basically CIV1 with a visual overhaul.)

But in that big box it comes with other goodies too I'm curious about.

• The Chronicles of Civilization Book - A 96-page book including a behind-the-scenes history of the Civilization series, interviews from the lead designers (past and present), artwork from the series and more.
    • The Civilization Card Game - An original tabletop card game designed by the lead designer of Civ IV that features 300 custom designed cards.
    • Bonus Video DVD - Includes a detailed presentation by lead designers from Civ IV - “Play Early, Play Often: Prototyping Civ IV”, a tribute to the man himself Sid Meier and popular game trailers from the Civ series.
    • Additional Bonus Materials - Tech Tree Posters for Civ 1, 2, 3 and 4, wallpaper images, podcast MP3s and more.

The card game is still sealed up in its box. I'm going to really investigate that thing and see if I'd find it enjoyable, if it is I'm definitely opening that up.

The only downer but I think I can find a bypass is that CIV2 requires the CD, but there are patches just like there's a 64bit patch out there. I need to figure out how to apply them in order so that I don't have to put up with that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I bought a snes ncaa sports game for 95 cents to use as a donor cart for sunset riders.

I also forgot my list and can't remember all that i was set out to get for my self and for tournament so i might be hosed

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Not sure I'd make MM3-5 a priority but I'd love to snap up Final Fantasy Legend 1-3 complete in the box as those maps were vital to success as they had entire guides to every piece of gear and who it worked for and not and how well, spells too and other good stuff. I've got one from a good collector like you're saying there for FF Adventure a little over a year ago which was a happy moment. Those 3 SaGa games are fun.
    The maps only came with the original Square prints (I assume), the Sunsoft reprints (which I have) didn't include them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Two of my favorite RPGs for PS1 were recovered

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lunar.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	8708
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    The maps only came with the original Square prints (I assume), the Sunsoft reprints (which I have) didn't include them.
    Huh I guess I forgot that, stupid cheap Sunsoft, they're nearly vital, were back then pre-internet FAQ days as you could waste hours of getting cash to buy crap that wouldn't work or be weaker, plus not understand spells without wasting magic points. I'll have to make sure I find the squaresoft releases then which my FFA is, or someone incorrectly piecing one together with it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Scored this bad boy for $60 off a local facebook flea market page. No screen burn and great sound. When I opened up the machine to check the PCB, there was about $17 in quarters in the coin bin. Also found the original game manual and schematic taped to the back door.

Name:	20160322_180030_resized (Large).jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	8709

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thunderkid View Post
    Scored this bad boy for $60 off a local facebook flea market page. No screen burn and great sound. When I opened up the machine to check the PCB, there was about $17 in quarters in the coin bin. Also found the original game manual and schematic taped to the back door.

Name:	20160322_180030_resized (Large).jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	8709
    You suck. Nah, that is an awesome find! Congratulations!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Holy shit (and I said that when I saw that post.) I would have done that too, gotten crap for finding space for it, but you'd have to be a real tool not to buy a cabinet alone for around that price that's in good shape and that's fully loaded for bare. All your base now belong to that eh?

I always hear of these mystery closed facebook pages where you can get collector trade/prices between people avoiding the shitty behavior on ebay or finding gems like that people just will let go of and I can never find a damn way to get into that locally from anyone let alone blind find it on crappy facebook search and it's maddening.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah it was too awesome a deal to pass up. It was setup in a bar that was closing down. The owner just wanted it out. The only things that are wrong with it is that the bulb behind the marquee is dead. Need to replace it but there is security torx bits holding the marquee in place. Got to go out this weekend to find a set of bits. Also the 2nd player coin chute is missing, but that is an easy fix.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some common NES games i scored this month as well... Paid $20 for the whole lot.

Name:	20160324_165950 (Large).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	132.5 KB 
ID:	8718