Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2016 - Yearly Finds Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

$20 is beyond respectable for that, even 5 years ago that would have been fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

My turn!
    Attachment 8742

Bike parts are new $5 on both. The Lego is new also $5 (sells $25 still at the store.) Armor Battle is barely used/complete was the highest at $20. Yellow Super Gobot $6 complete(rare with that gun) and the cop car gobot was $1. Each gameboy game (Rampart, Batman Beyond, Battle Unit Zeoth, and Space Marauder) was $4 and that last one can pull $40 on ebay. SF2 Genesis was $1. Not shown, $1 for a Disney Cinderella lithograph inside of a U fold plastic wall frame thing to protect it. A $55 day at the flea basically.

But not completely. Winter has people who buy pallets, and when it's warm they come out in mass. Scored hardcore an early (day) b'day gift for the wife. Paid $60 for a brand new black Fitbit Charge HR. They retail on average around $130-150 between stuff like Target/Walmart though currently Kohls have been under selling them at $100 in some recent sale going on. Damn good deal either way. I just got one myself (same same) for free yesterday through a vitality program at my work. https://www.fitbit.com/chargehr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Nice find with that boxed Mattel Armor Battle. I loved that one when I was a kid.

Zero Wing was an arcade game? I didn't know that. I assumed it was just a console shooter that was ported to/from the Mega Drive and PC Engine CD-ROM. Congratulations on an amazing find! All your base really do belong to you now.

I bought a boxed and complete copy of Swords and Serpents for the Intellivision for $5. I've only ever had a loose cart before, now I can finally figure out how to play it since I have instructions and overlays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I need to get used to how to drive/fire to score in that, it's a bit odd. I think I have it, I mean I got 12 points the last time I played but I have no idea if that's good or sucks within that 99sec count down. I've got it in my desk drawer to have some fun with.

Today I got a complete boxed up and unused SNES Cleaning Kit for $10 and then SMB DX+MoonPatrol&Spy Hunter both for GBC for another $15 which was cool and $5 for a Jetforce Gemini which I've since tried and sadly remembered why I never kept it so I'll ditch that one to break even shortly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This week find from Craigslist. Spend approx $100 on all games

(Photobucket link screwup so I have to delete them)
    Last edited by ScourDX; 01-29-2018 at 08:22 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Edgarmcfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Erick Krueger

My march finds !

Batman and robin only box

Tetris Tengen

Bronkie !

Mega Man x3 in box

Sonic Blastman 2, peace keepers and final fight 3

And my favorite find TLOZ MM Gray

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    redraid
    PSN
    redraid

[/QUOTE]

Is that the lenticular label for the game? I've never seen a gray cart with a lenticular label? Could be very rare. Got any info on it?
    Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Brodie Bruce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It is quite rare, people will stupidly pay into the 3 figures for it. Some still believe it's a sneaky careful sticker swap, and others do not, because the gray should have been a 2nd run sticker only but some feel there were left over 3D stickers that got applied. I don't recall it ever having a definitive proving answer to it either as Nintendo sure as hell won't answer a question like that.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I'll post pics later maybe, but I found some 3DO stuff today. Got two six-button fighting controllers and a standard Panasonic controller for $3.99 each. Tested them all out with Super Street Fighter II Turbo, and they all work great. Also picked up D&D DeathKeep and Dragon's Lair on 3DO for $9.99 each with manuals. Not incredible, but I like grabbing 3DO stuff when I see it out and about.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    It is quite rare, people will stupidly pay into the 3 figures for it. Some still believe it's a sneaky careful sticker swap, and others do not, because the gray should have been a 2nd run sticker only but some feel there were left over 3D stickers that got applied. I don't recall it ever having a definitive proving answer to it either as Nintendo sure as hell won't answer a question like that.
    I believe both answers are correct. Nintendo did most likely have left over 3D stickers that simply got slapped onto grey carts, why throw them out? Leading to a legit variant. However give me a gold cart and a grey cart and it'd take me about 15 minutes to swap the label over without issue. So proving it's an "original" variant would prove difficult. Nice find regardless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I do too, but I think there would be one but impossible identifier or potentially two that could nail it down, but good luck on that. FOr one you'd need to learn the holy grail of Nintendo stamping locations and coding, that double digit on the back of the cart pressed into the sticker. Perhaps one plant with one code did these, if they all lined up that would be a tell, but being gray again could be swapped. The other would be a cart dumping or at least reading apparatus that would let you see if maybe that gray MM with the lenticular sticker had a version number all onto its own like a 1.1, 1.1b, 1.2, etc. Yet again, could be on the other non 3D gray carts shooting that down too.

Fact is you have to have deep trust as does the next person who would buy it off someone for big bucks because it will almost surely never be concrete to prove 100%. It's not like Rage Wars which fixed a big ass bug or the other color swaps due to second cheaper later runs of carts as demand needed them. Personally if I got that game, and I'm no fan of Majora I'd sell it as fast as possible for the best amount of cash. I don't like how that one reacts and eventually others may feel the same way and the value will plummet due to jitters over it ever being proven versus not because not is very very likely. Then what, you paid hundreds for a $40 cart? Dumbass move big time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The 150 in 1 carts finally arrived and they are all what I expected from them. Very cheap and good manufacturing quality. Still, I prefer the original games but it is a nice cart to have:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NES150in1BAbr2f.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	143.0 KB 
ID:	8800
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like this consolidated thread format better, less muss and fuss trying to set up a thread each month.

Nothing too crazy for me...I did find a Little League Baseball: Championship Series in box (no book) for $7 at the flea market yesterday.

I also managed to come across another Pokken Tournament Pro Pad and Toys R Us had a Wii Fit U w/Balance Board and Meter for only $20.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I mostly agree, problem is you run into a full year and things get buried if someone wants to look back as the search here doesn't work.

That board reminded me I totally forgot about that cartridge entirely. I really should order that 150in1 from a local source if the price isn't much over aliexpress.com that is. The hell I'm ever paying for any of those $100+ carts on that thing if I don't already have it like Gun-Nac and Duck Tales 2 for example. It's still curious why so many disney games yet omitting rescue rangers 1 + 2 along with the bubble bobble's and bonk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Recent find

(Photobucket link screwup so I have to delete them)
    Last edited by ScourDX; 01-29-2018 at 08:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Unless some of that is 'ebay' finds you seem to be in a pretty solid area for finding a good mix of the faux rare/rare expensive stuff and the cheap all in relatively good or better shape which is nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I always FAP with a picture of Xenogears
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

um what?

I was going to post my recent stuff but I think I am gonna have to wait now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Unless some of that is 'ebay' finds you seem to be in a pretty solid area for finding a good mix of the faux rare/rare expensive stuff and the cheap all in relatively good or better shape which is nice.
    I tried to avoid eBay if I can. Most of my find these day are from Craigslist, Facebook retro group and local retro game store. I also trade some of duplicate games to get what I get. It seems a large surge of users wanting playstation & n64 games.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

ok my finds from march, was waiting to see what happened here but still nothing so here I go

Name:	mar16 finds.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	8930

first batch is things from Portland, some things that is.

NCAA SNES donor game $1
    Tetris Worlds (PS2) $2
    Gadget Racers (PS2) $2
    ROB Famicom Colors $12
    2x sharp 13" tvs $20 (or $10 ea.)
    Betty Crocker Cook Book $1
    Cat Scratching Post $5
    Remote for TVs $1 (but from another thrift oddly)
    Tetris 2 (NES) $10
    HyperZone (SNES) $7
    Xevious (NES) $7

Tetris 2, HyperZone, Xevious and the NCAA donor game all came from a store in Salem OR called Game Crazy. From what I remember when I was in there last (few years ago) the guy said the store is not affiliated with the game crazy that was owned by Hollywood video. I guess it was another chain that Hollywood bought out and when they did they gave them the choice to franchise or maintain the same name and go private. this one (and one other in the city) went private. good move I think. when you search game crazy salem Oregon these game from game crazy south, north wasn't as good, there were a few games but it seemed more aimed at TCGs and newer stuff than any thing else.

the 2 little TV's are for having tournaments, they are nearly identical which is nice. one needs adjustment, the CRT voltage is too high and I am getting a washed out image with retrace lines, the second has no sound which I don't think is a problem. HyperZone is going to be my beta test tournament game at my house. its going to piss people off. the remote for the TV's is amazingly the one made for them only I found it at a different thrift across town, pretty crazy random find if you ask me. the TV's remote and scratching post were found at home the rest was in Portland / Salem area.

Name:	mar16 finds 2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	8931

Wii Console w/ 1 remote loose $3
    Wii Fit (WII) $2
    Links Crossbow Training (WII) $2 (tagged for retail, bought at as-is)
    PS One Cables $3
    BattleShip (SNES) $4
    Super Battle Tank (SNES) $4
    Super Bowling (SNES) $4
    Super Mario World / All Stars combo (SNES) $4
    Turtles IV Turtles in Time (SNES) $4
    Hole in One Golf (SNES) $4
    Race Drivin' (SNES) $4
    Saturn Controller x2 (Jap) $6.50 ea.
    "Christman Nights " (SS)(Jap) $1 ea.
    Tower of Druaga Completeish (FC)(Jap) $1
    D&D Animated box set $4 (missing disc 6)
    box of yugioh cards $??

this set was the end of march.

all the SNES games for $4 was one stack at goodwill some one tried to squirrel away in a corner. there were 8 games, a friend of mine (the guy with the trashed Sunset Riders [that works now]) really wanted donkey kong country and I cant stand the game so he bought it, he didn't want the others, even turtles in time so what ever. second copy for me. I might take my TMNT 4 complete copy to sell at PRGE then. all the Japanese stuff was one order, I've been trying for a year to get a decent pair of grey Saturn controllers so I can make my boxed import systems factory complete (making another thread about that) since I have 2 launch systems i'll probably take one up to PRGE too to sell/trade it off after testing and cleaning.

"christman" nights game for $1, mis labled (?) item description in ebay leads to super cheap sale. not horribly valuable but worth more than $1, its going in with my Japanese launch day Saturn kits, figured they were unique enough.
    tower of druaga, always wanted to play it since I saw the game center cx episode with it, for $1 why not

had no idea that SMW/Allstars carts were valuable, didn't know it existed until sunset riders guy said he had one and then we looked it up. he hadn't seen all stars separate from SMW so it was a learning experience for all.
    the wii system, hella dusty, haven't tried booting it. needs cleaning before I even dare.

so far for april I only have a pair of genesis 3 button controllers one red letter one not, they were $1 ea.