Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 170

Thread: 2016 - Yearly Finds Thread

  1. #21
    ServBot (Level 11) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Deadford, OR
    Posts
    3,651
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    21
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

    Default February 2016 Finds

    i'm starting this again because I guess I am just lucky at the beginning of the month:

    I got...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feb 16 finds.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	8463

    Pandemonium (PSX) $2
    Mario Paint (SNES) $5
    Ka-Blooey (SNES) $5
    Ribbit King complete (GC) $5
    Kirby Air Ride case and manual only (GC) $5
    Kirby Air Ride Complete (GC) $5
    The Adventures of Cookie & Cream complete (PS2) $5
    E-Reader Loose (GBA) $3
    SNES controller $5 (not pictured)

    got a hot tip that a goodwill had SNES games, my friend bought the good ones but didn't see the STACKS of PS2 and Gamecube games on the rack behind so I got them all for $5
    one Kirby air ride is missing a disc and is in a rental dvd case from blockbuster but the paper in the cover and manual are in really good shape. The PC version of the same game has the black lable disc in it and I think if I go back and have time to hunt i'll find the second copy in another case. the rest were fine. I got all of this minus pandemonium on my lunch break.

    Funny thing is I found Pandemonium at the same good will on Saturn, and this copy came from the same place the day before.

    upon getting back to work with my loot I was going through it in the break room and it led to one of my co workers being reminded to ask me if I wanted something of theirs that they were going to junk.

    I paid for it already but I am going to keep it a surprise until I have it in my possession and I can take pics. Its a really hard to find item. I pick it up sunday morning before work. i'll make a regular thread about it because I have questions about it too..... plus bragging. I don't often but I am gonna have to

  2. #22
    celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,774
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    i'm starting this again because I guess I am just lucky at the beginning of the month:

    I got...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feb 16 finds.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	8463

    Pandemonium (PSX) $2
    Mario Paint (SNES) $5
    Ka-Blooey (SNES) $5
    Ribbit King complete (GC) $5
    Kirby Air Ride case and manual only (GC) $5
    Kirby Air Ride Complete (GC) $5
    The Adventures of Cookie & Cream complete (PS2) $5
    E-Reader Loose (GBA) $3
    SNES controller $5 (not pictured)

    got a hot tip that a goodwill had SNES games, my friend bought the good ones but didn't see the STACKS of PS2 and Gamecube games on the rack behind so I got them all for $5
    one Kirby air ride is missing a disc and is in a rental dvd case from blockbuster but the paper in the cover and manual are in really good shape. The PC version of the same game has the black lable disc in it and I think if I go back and have time to hunt i'll find the second copy in another case. the rest were fine. I got all of this minus pandemonium on my lunch break.

    Funny thing is I found Pandemonium at the same good will on Saturn, and this copy came from the same place the day before.

    upon getting back to work with my loot I was going through it in the break room and it led to one of my co workers being reminded to ask me if I wanted something of theirs that they were going to junk.

    I paid for it already but I am going to keep it a surprise until I have it in my possession and I can take pics. Its a really hard to find item. I pick it up sunday morning before work. i'll make a regular thread about it because I have questions about it too..... plus bragging. I don't often but I am gonna have to
    Looking forward to the mystery find. I picked up a Cookie and Cream last year at a Salvation Army for a couple bucks too... you did great on that Ribbit King. I bought both versions for $4.99 when I discovered it years ago, and snapped up a few extras for friends that year. That GC version seems to go for a good $60 these days. Crazy.

  3. #23
    ServBot (Level 11) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Deadford, OR
    Posts
    3,651
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    21
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

    Default

    not the mystery find but potentially useful in the future

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Feb 16 finds 2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	8466

    this is the backer paper that you would see in a store behind the price tags in a rack. some one asked if I wanted it and I said sure why not. it was getting tossed.
    about 4ft long and an inch and a half (ish?) wide it could really be a good little fiddly bit to have if you are rocking old Nintendo display cabinets and want to go the whole 9 yards.

    I should really be in bed since I have to be up around 9 to go get my "mystery find"

    if I had more lead up time I should have started a guessing contest!
    maybe next time. if there is a next time

  4. #24
    Kirby (Level 13) Tanooki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,957
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Good weekend considering what I found for just $20 locally.
    Attachment 8468

    Lego was $3, Indy book $2, Bubble Bobble $5, and G1 Transformer Cliffjumper for $10.
    -- Mega Man I found later last week for $7 which is half the going rate.

    The fun part I guess of this was the Lego if anything. It was mostly sealed up with tape, had a note on it saying something like 'Maybe missing pieces' for $2.99 at a peddler place in town. I knew even if most of it was there given the piece count great deal. I get it home, throw it out on the carpet and use the side of the box to line up everything. Stunningly every single piece plus one spare ruby red 1x1 smooth flat piece as well plus both booklets. It's a last year set that went for like $20-25. I found BB at one of the BME's in town and that's like $5-10 under value, and same day Indy was at the other one just up on a curiosity rack. I found Cliffjumper today, tends to go for $15-20 so it was solid.

  5. #25
    ServBot (Level 11) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Deadford, OR
    Posts
    3,651
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    21
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

    Default

    ok heres what I found.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feb 16 mystery 1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	8471

    the other day when I got back from my hot tip off that goodwill had the games above a coworker asked me if I wanted a "17 inch tv with a game boy inside" I said sure why not thinking it might be a old woodgrain tv with built in pong which would still be cool. but when she started talking about the games its then I realized what it was. I did tell her that it has the potential to be very valuable and to look it up online in the condition it was in and go from there and in the end she said she didn't have the energy to list it on any site so I made my offer...
    heres more pics

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feb 16 mystery 3.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	8473Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feb 16 mystery 2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	117.0 KB 
ID:	8472

    she said her favorite game was Dr.Mario and I think its been in the tv since it was new. check out the dust line on the cart with it out side of the system...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feb 16 mystery 5.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	8475Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feb 16 mystery 4.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	126.8 KB 
ID:	8474

    the controllers almost look brand new...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feb 16 mystery 6.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	8476

    this is the info on this one. i'm going to NA to submit it for their catalog and I am going to cross link it to here.

    the story behind the tv is that this person I work with got it for Christmas in 1989, it came from a local k-mart that has since shut down and her mom bought it for her. My guess is k-mart gave good employee discounts because her mom was a worker there. the person I got it from is my fathers age so maybe mid 50's at most. Its been in the area I live in the whole time and this person actually now lives a street over from me so picking it up this morning was a breeze!

    that's the history of it.
    it still has all 4 legs the 2 controllers and the remote, she's going to keep an eye out for the manual and the box, they may be rattling around. the games I got with it were 2x SMB/DH, SMB3, Tetris (that got soaked in cat piss), NES play action Football with manual, TopGun and SMB2. seems the cat got into the box and pissed in it, tetris took the brunt of the stream but really only damaging the back, its not strong and thankfully it didn't get on the remote or controllers. the batteries for the remote were dead but I have no reason to doubt its working ability, if it is dead i'll get one of the remotes GameTechUS had showed on his you tube channel and swap guts.

    ok so I left price out because I like to tease.
    I've seen way worse tvs go for way more than what I paid

    I paid $200
    after educating the owner and everything. she asked if it was something I was going to turn around and sell my self and I told her only if I fell on hard financial times and it was one of the last things I had left to sell
    I never thought I would ever see one of these outside PRGE but now I own one. blows my mind

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Niku-Sama For This Useful Post:

    Slate (08-13-2018)

  7. #26
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Emt07676's finds

    Heres the start to my Febuary.

    LIFE is a announcement name for what became Video Easel. ( I guess the name change came after they released the game yet Ive never seen one in real life till now ), Also in the picture was a work in progress prototype of Pilot Programming, the Stand Alone cart is a Salt 400/800 cart version 1.00. the the board that says MC 11-4 is an Atari 2600 prototype of Missile Command. ( this was in the 16k memory box with the 16 k memory board , I heard something rattling inside and thats what it was. NOT PICTURED, a bunch of Atari diskettes of Atari demos, Atari Pilot Demos, light pen program demo for the Pilot cart, Dos 2.7 ( 2 versions on 2 different disks so I guess a work in progress ), a disk with "corrected instructions" for what I think were later on released Atari cassette programs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	group1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	8477
    Closer Picture of the LIFE cart label
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	life4005cxl.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	8480
    Pilot's Boot screen ( note : says 1979 not 1980, and no Ready prompt. )
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pilotscreen.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	8478
    Closer view of the Missile Command Prototype
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	missilecommandproto2600.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	8479

    Not a bad start to my Feburary.

  8. #27
    ServBot (Level 11) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Deadford, OR
    Posts
    3,651
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    21
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

    Default

    wow some hard to find stuff this month already.
    whered you find the prototypes at?

    I wonder what other rarity is going to show up next this month

  9. #28
    Kirby (Level 13) Tanooki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,957
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Wow you did something special with that Sharp TV find right down to the price. It's much like the story I got too when I got mine kind of. Only the previous new buying owner, not a lot of usage, basically in perfect shape, around 7~ games, came with all feet and doors intact with 2 looking unused controllers and the tv remote as well and for me it was $225, but since the games and zapper were doubles I got it down to $200.

    You can't beat finding one that just was nicely stored away to get dusty and left forgotten because unless weather or worse gets to it, odds are it'll be just fine. Just keep up on it, the age of the thing I will say that speaker will start to buzz on it, may need to watch for servicing it or the wheels inside the back of it on the tube tv part itself and a small module in a corner because color, tint, sharpness, and more tends to slide with age but can be easily corrected tinkering.

  10. #29
    ServBot (Level 11) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Deadford, OR
    Posts
    3,651
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    21
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

    Default

    Wheels inside the back?
    Also i just noticed yesterday you sent me a pm a while back about GoG. Sorry it took me so long to notice it

  11. #30
    Kirby (Level 13) Tanooki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,957
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Check that NA thread, I know I did some digging but not just me. If it wasn't me someone else posted it or beni tied it back to the main post where there's service and user instructions.

    To open it requires removing I think 6 screws from the back and sliding it back straight since a small motherboard slots into the frame (break it you're done.) With the back off the bottom right corner has this box with some things you can adjust. Also on the very back of the tube TV is another box with a couple wheels as well. Each of them fine tune the TV. There's ways to tweak the color, the horiz/vert hold, cleaning up fuzziness to a degree, and so on. One I didn't mention in a dumb place, inside that top door between a couple of those buttons there's a small hole with a screw (flat I believe) set deep into it, it's another tweak but I forget for what. Mine had sat for like 20 years+ so it needed some fine tuning to get it the best it could be for an average 19" TV of the era made special by the NES on the bottom.

    One other piece of advice, if you service the NES, FIRST open the top up and unplug this teeny set of 2 wires into the board. They thread through a small rectangular hole down into the NES itself, it's a direct feed to the TV replacing the A/V cable basically. Wreck that you're screwed. Once it's unplugged it's just a matter of a lot of screws to remove the TV from the NES, then the opening of the shell around the NES guts after that. Once you're in it's more or less a stock NES board easy to service.

  12. #31
    ServBot (Level 11) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Deadford, OR
    Posts
    3,651
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    21
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

    Default

    you talking about the "official" one that keeps track of the serials?

  13. #32
    Kirby (Level 13) Tanooki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,957
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Yeah that one, it has a lot if info stuck in there too.

  14. #33
    Apple (Level 5) eskobar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Monterrey, Mexico
    Posts
    1,032
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Check that NA thread, I know I did some digging but not just me. If it wasn't me someone else posted it or beni tied it back to the main post where there's service and user instructions.

    To open it requires removing I think 6 screws from the back and sliding it back straight since a small motherboard slots into the frame (break it you're done.) With the back off the bottom right corner has this box with some things you can adjust. Also on the very back of the tube TV is another box with a couple wheels as well. Each of them fine tune the TV. There's ways to tweak the color, the horiz/vert hold, cleaning up fuzziness to a degree, and so on. One I didn't mention in a dumb place, inside that top door between a couple of those buttons there's a small hole with a screw (flat I believe) set deep into it, it's another tweak but I forget for what. Mine had sat for like 20 years+ so it needed some fine tuning to get it the best it could be for an average 19" TV of the era made special by the NES on the bottom.

    One other piece of advice, if you service the NES, FIRST open the top up and unplug this teeny set of 2 wires into the board. They thread through a small rectangular hole down into the NES itself, it's a direct feed to the TV replacing the A/V cable basically. Wreck that you're screwed. Once it's unplugged it's just a matter of a lot of screws to remove the TV from the NES, then the opening of the shell around the NES guts after that. Once you're in it's more or less a stock NES board easy to service.

    I have investigated on the matter but I forgot :P .... Is the NES connected by composite signal or it has another video processor to output a better quality signal ?
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

  15. #34
    Kirby (Level 13) Tanooki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,957
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    You mean in this tv? It's the same board far as I can remember, they just hot wired a pair of wires from it into the TV board directly. It was cheaply done there aren't any extra parts I'm aware of. I don't have the schematic handy as I didn't keep it lying around but back on NA in that thread it's there in PDF format for you to discover.

  16. #35
    Apple (Level 5) ScourDX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,119
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    This week find. Got them all for $72

    (Photobucket link screwup so I have to delete them)
    Last edited by ScourDX; 01-29-2018 at 08:25 PM.

  17. #36
    Peach (Level 3) Howie6925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    London Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    610
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

    Default

    Got these the other day, looked cool. I have a bunch of other repros slowly getting into these.

  18. #37
    ServBot (Level 11) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Deadford, OR
    Posts
    3,651
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    21
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScourDX View Post
    This week find. Got them all for $72

    I've always wondered, what kind of game is brutal

    Quote Originally Posted by Howie6925 View Post
    Got these the other day, looked cool. I have a bunch of other repros slowly getting into these.
    whered you get these from?

  19. #38
    Peach (Level 3) Howie6925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    London Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    610
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    I've always wondered, what kind of game is brutal



    whered you get these from?
    There is a place around the corner from me that sells reproduction carts.

  20. #39
    Kirby (Level 13) Tanooki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,957
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    A little over $70 for all that, considering the back row I'd be pretty proud of myself.

    Brutal is a weird one, seen pics and a few little clips over the years -- almost reminds me of like a more serious Usagi Yojimbo manga brought to life bruce lee style on all sorts of systems. Yet none of them last I heard had any real value which is a shame unless it stinks?

  21. #40
    ServBot (Level 11) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Deadford, OR
    Posts
    3,651
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    21
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howie6925 View Post
    There is a place around the corner from me that sells reproduction carts.
    lucky

Similar Threads

  1. Shadow of the Beast PS4 Trailer - Releases January 2016
    By parallaxscroll in forum Modern Gaming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-17-2015, 10:31 PM
  2. January 2013 Finds
    By 8-bitNesMan in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 183
    Last Post: 02-24-2013, 08:12 PM
  3. January 2012 Finds!
    By megasdkirby in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 285
    Last Post: 02-02-2012, 11:07 AM
  4. January '07 Finds!
    By dusty in forum Modern Gaming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 07:31 AM
  5. Weekend Finds - 7 / 8th January
    By McBacon in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 07:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •