Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 - Yearly Finds Thread

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Tax return time is good. Happened upon an unexpected good sale in town.

-Pokemon Soulsilver and Heartgold for DS (complete): $10 each at an indoor flea market in which all DS games were $10 regardless of title

-3 (three) Gameboy Advance SP systems (all working, though one has an issue with the power switch): also $10 each at the same flea market

-Untested Sega Saturn console (as is with only AV cable): $15 from the above flea market, turns out the system powers on but will not read discs of any type. Ah well.

-Star Wars Force Unleashed II for Xbox 360 (complete): $5 from the same flea market

-Pokemon Gold & Crystal for Gameboy Color (cart only): $5 each at the above flea market, batteries are long dead and I have already sent them out by mail to be changed.

-Sega Classics Collection (disc only) for PS2: $2 at our local pawn shop, all PS2 games are at this price point regardless

-NBA 2K15 (disc only) for PS3: $7 out of a Redbox machine selling some of their discs previously owned

-Original Gameboy Advance (pink): $12 at a local consignment shop mostly selling kids clothes, but also containing a small section for movies, cd's and game stuff.
    Last edited by bangtango; 02-16-2016 at 11:25 AM.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Sega Classics Collection... I love the version of Alien Syndrome on that one. Great co-op game.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
    Sega Classics Collection... I love the version of Alien Syndrome on that one. Great co-op game.
    Bought it for the kids to try out. They had no interest in even popping it in. Ah well. Guess it is mine now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Super score today both for myself and my four year old girl. I had some cash back bucks I cashed out from AMEX I get once a year (costco card.) I went on a $70 binge, but the value of the goodies is $190, though I did have a $10 loss on a broken Transformer I didn't notice until I was home was internally shattered (plastic gave way, head popped off a small mini space shuttle decepticon (blast off) I had to trash. A super abnormal flea market day, I never see this kind of quality and volume but excessively rarely, can only hope it as just not a one off due to the one warm weekend this winter and more goodies pop up come spring but if not I'm happy.

Attachment 8524

Anyway here's what's in the picture:
    G1 Transformer Thrust (has all wing parts and launchers, but no hands, missiles, rest there, all stickers present) - bought hands online for $10
    G1 Transformer Twin Twist (LEAH)
    GoBot Leader-1 - Guardian Robot Jet Fighter
    GoBot Water Walk - Regendage Robot Sea Plane
    Tiger Street Fighter II LCD Handheld
    Lego 4254 (Freestyle) Play Table with Cars and Plane (the cardboard cover is gone, looked like it was both burned and wet which made no sense as the rest is spotless.)
    Battletech Genesis (CIB, roached B-tossed it)
    R2-D2 Bop It 2014
    Super Scope 6 (IB, no Cart, ordered one for $4 shipped)
    McDs 1988 TaleSpin toys lot (8)
    Captain Jake New Set - Izzy

The G1 Twin Twist I already had I promised to get another for my kid as she kept begging for a transformer to pull back and go, and it was a bundle deal with the 2 GoBots, I had to have them as I remember owning them both as a kid (among probably 5-6 others not there I now remember looking their names up -- Leader-1(good leader) and Water Walk(enemy scout) and they were listed at $24 total but I got them down to $15.

G1 Thrust was $25 worth $35 as is. The LCD game was $5 with battery cover there still. Lego is a 305 piece set that came as the table itself (new until I open it and I will. Battletech for $1 was CIB but the box was cracked and the cover art had expire rot, water damage and mold so I tossed it -- game and manual and poster immaculate-- go figure.) The Super Scope 6 is complete minus game for now even styrofoam space and cardboard internal cover there for $5.

The other things like the R2D2 (mine) the Talespin toys (1 baloo, 1 girl, 2 kit, and 4 wildcats) and a new retails $10 Captain Jake Izzy set are for her and she's loving them so far along with Twin Twist.

I added up the stuff between the new items retail values and the after market prices on the other stuff there's almost $200 in goodies for $70.

Also I got this on ebay just a few days ago (real fast shipper, surprised me it arrived today) but I got a complete in box G1 Decepticon Transformer -- Starscream. I'll just say this much, I got a steal, a 1/3 off the usual price this will hit on ebay and I'm thrilled as it's in astoundingly excellent shape and doesn't show its 31 years.
    http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...psrer0piau.jpg
    http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...psjq9l4hsp.jpg

-- Trying to deal with the same guy for a 98% complete original Megatron next. I've got Prime+Jazz (leader, and 2nd) now I've got a 2nd and no evil leader. Once I get the hands for Thrust I'll do a picture of him for my archive transformed and not too.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

As probably none of you know, I have been living in South Korea for a few years. There is a big gaming area in Seoul that I stop into from time to time but it can be crazy expensive. I was in the area so I decided to check it out as I am coming back stateside soon. Picked these up:

Solid pewter, these have some heft to them. Brute Force figurines. Can only find a guy from Singapore selling them. Anyone have any more info? Price - $8

Everything in great condition (except Tomba's case). Price - $20
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

seems like south korea and hong kong are where "lost shipments" of this stuff seem to wind up, almost as if they never left after production and some one went around buying up all this back stock at cut rate prices and just started selling it to move it. I came across an ebay listing of unfinished SCPH-5501 PSX main boards in hong kong last night

any way....

I haven't had much in the way of finds but this is what I got...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feb 16 finds 3.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	123.3 KB 
ID:	8529

Super Metroid (SFC) complete $ Birthday Present
    Rodea The Sky Soldier (WIU) new $ Birthday Present
    MTG Core 2014 FatPack (MTG) new $Birthday Present
    Megaman X6 (PSX) loose $2
    Tetris Worlds (GBA) loose $4
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GC) complete $5
    X-Men Legends (GC) complete $5
    Magnavox Odyssey 2 hardwired joystick $1
    Super Mario and Dr.Mario Hot wheels $4.50 ea

I don't like loose discs, but it was mega man. and loose it seems average price was $16 so $2 isn't too bad and its not badly scratched up. it was in a cd wallet with a bunch of loose music cds at goodwill.
    Super Metroid came from my bro in law and his lady friend, they found it in the attic cleaning up her moms place. no idea where it came from but its in good shape and has all the stuff inside. before I opened it they had me guess what it was and I guessed a VHS tape. when I shook it, it sounded like one but I shoulda figured it was this, they told me about it months ago.
    The Magnavox joystick came from goodwill as is. I saw it and instantly grabbed it and started looking for the rest of any thing else related to it. its odd to find something like this here especially because its a hardwired version and well....its not still attached. Its good because I needed one any way since one of mine doesn't have the plastic disc on the bottom so junk can get in.

The hot wheels cars were just an impulse thing, I buy cars from time to time but not often but when I saw these I figured why not. they were on a side kick at the end of an aisle kinda hidden away no advertising on any thing around the cars just a plain blue cardboard side kick. very not Nintendo in the presentation.

wow that's a crappy pic, sorry guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Nice stuff. SFC Super Metroid is especially cool, as, like the US version, language is a selectable option when starting a new game, so if you didn't have a US copy, you really don't need one unless it's just to collect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I had a US copy already but I didn't know that both Japanese and English was on the same cart, that helps explain some things though.
    bro in law's lady friends's parents (oi!) were big wig lawyer corporate types and traveled a lot over seas so they might have brought this back as a gift from one of their trips and knew that both English and Japanese was on this one. so possibly getting the game early in the US

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's probable, interesting it still was found though.

Goes to show you never know what you'll bump into, check my last post a few back. It's just a screwball mix of stuff, and some of it being new no less or at least complete. You never know what will pop up until it just presents itself while you're there. I would have never guess I'd find a boxed up super scope 6 in one area of that flea market to then find a brand new Lego lap table with bagged up pieces and books at the other end on the inside along with all the other weird stuff from the Tiger handheld to the transformers and go-bots. Odds are you find little or nothing, something that's interesting, or nothing at all and in the weirdest places.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stopped into a mom n' pop shop over the weekend and found 3 CIB Game Gear games...Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Labyrinth, and Putt & Putter.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Weekly find

(Photobucket link screwup so I have to delete them)
    Last edited by ScourDX; 01-29-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I already have these, but can't ever pass up buying super famicom games when you see them in the wild!

Wanders from ys and yoshi's island for ten total.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That MGs game for GBC isn't cheap anymore a good 40+ just on a clean cart but complete it quite jumps higher.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    That MGs game for GBC isn't cheap anymore a good 40+ just on a clean cart but complete it quite jumps higher.
    Yea. I missed my chance to pick it up for $30. Now I have to pay 3x for the same complete game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Last day of the month and leap year find

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Very solid lot there, even the cheap ones.

Over the weekend I scored quite well which was surprising.

Saturday
    - $40 Mr Gimmick bootleg NES cart, new parts INL board inside (amazing little game, tricky due to controls/inertia in it)
    - (Non-gaming) Lego 10220 1334 piece set the Volkswagen T1 Camper Van (currently building it, got it used for $75 (which is a good price for it complete in the box.))

Sunday
    - $10/ea Paper Mario and Mario Kart both on Gamecube complete
    - Found a copy with a little wear towards the very top of the label - Metroid Fusion GBA

Paper Mario I actually think I may like as it doesn't suck like the N64 game did so much, the other 2 I'll sell to cover a good chunk of my losses as saturday much well wiped out my paypal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

paper mario on GC was one of the few side story marios that i thought was interesting enough to complete

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm bad it's been a tough week, haven't the energy to play games barely let alone an RPG but I've left the game in the system as motivation with the game box being left out to taunt me.

That said 4 more things today I picked up at the Louisville Arcade Expo, no big savings due to it being a show with vendors, but goodies still.

Genesis -- Mystic Defender and Phelios in great shape for both ($25 for the pair)
    LCD games -- 1943 (Acclaim) and Marble Madness (Tiger) for $10/ea both in good shape w/battery covers

The Gen games are pretty fun, MD I had on my grab list with the other, but wanted it more since celery's daily random attention grabbing post for games and it's a good solid title as is the unique take on Phelios as well with the shooter meeting mythology.

Now the LCD games, both in a way fairly faithful to the source stuff. 1943 is cool, hard though, 6 places to sit on screen horizontally. Up high the 3 are for airplanes, down low the 3 for later stages to pop boats. It's pretty quick, pretty noisy, and has the couple good 1943 jingles to start and on game over. Now the other MM -- oddball, 8way rocker controller to move the marble through the maze and is more like the old wood table marble labyrinth stuff but it's quite fun and challenging, keeps you interested in how it teases you as you play since it actually does ramp up momentum as you hold it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I'm bad it's been a tough week, haven't the energy to play games barely let alone an RPG but I've left the game in the system as motivation with the game box being left out to taunt me.

That said 4 more things today I picked up at the Louisville Arcade Expo, no big savings due to it being a show with vendors, but goodies still.

Genesis -- Mystic Defender and Phelios in great shape for both ($25 for the pair)
    LCD games -- 1943 (Acclaim) and Marble Madness (Tiger) for $10/ea both in good shape w/battery covers

The Gen games are pretty fun, MD I had on my grab list with the other, but wanted it more since celery's daily random attention grabbing post for games and it's a good solid title as is the unique take on Phelios as well with the shooter meeting mythology.

Now the LCD games, both in a way fairly faithful to the source stuff. 1943 is cool, hard though, 6 places to sit on screen horizontally. Up high the 3 are for airplanes, down low the 3 for later stages to pop boats. It's pretty quick, pretty noisy, and has the couple good 1943 jingles to start and on game over. Now the other MM -- oddball, 8way rocker controller to move the marble through the maze and is more like the old wood table marble labyrinth stuff but it's quite fun and challenging, keeps you interested in how it teases you as you play since it actually does ramp up momentum as you hold it.
    Glad you found Mystic Defender and Phelios! Phelios is one of my very favorite shooters on the system. Just a lot of cool backgrounds and enemies, and they really push that Greek myth feel well. My buddy Tim turned me onto it around 1999, and it's been a stalwart for me ever since.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yup I fouled up and left a copy of Valis there annoyingly at $20, then remembered it was a deal and 10min later it was gone, but I got those 2 at least along with the LCD games which are solid fun. I never can figure out why I can't resist LCD games in the up to $1-5 and sometimes $10 range but I keep them in a plastic set of drawers in my desk here and they're nice just to whip out under the desk lamp for a few minute distraction. Each time I try to ditch a few I find it hard and usually stop.