Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: 2016 - Yearly Finds Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Rare you find much anymore at garage sales, but with the foggy mists of yesterday morning things worked out today out of town up in crestwood. I found for $34 -- Red 3DS XL in a case w/charger, a loose copy of New Super Mario Bros 2, Super Smash Bros Melee complete, Super Mario 64 and Nervous Brickdown DS complete too, New SMB game+case, loose for DS mario & luigi, zhu zhu pets, and mario/sonic winter olympics. Also gba carts for Zelda Minish Cap, SMB3, and Pacman Collection. Needless to say, blown away by this. I already have a New3DS but never use the thing, going to swap out back down to the XL and sell it since it has like 50 hours on it.

At another one near town here, $2 got me an original (sadly no battery cover) Mattel Electronics Hockey, been looking a LONG time for one of those not paying the ePay rate online for it.

Today then I get more steals SMRPG Nintendo Guide+Clubhouse games for $15, also for well off the going rate CIB Sonic3, Metal Slug7+Orcs & Elves on DS too. Again rare, given my luck of May I think I'm probably going to get cursed with a long dry spell. I figured after getting a nearly spotless SNK 2 slot cabinet with 10 games (one being a 161in1) I was finished, but no, not yet.

Anyone looking for a New3DSXL or some old video games as I'm selling off my collection more or less back to what I had in the 90s before I got hardcore into it.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    Wow, Melee alone was worth that. (even though it should be a dirt common game, it's so overpriced)
    Metroid prime was in there too, don't know why i forgot it

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was in California for the last few days, and decided to check out the 2 Book-off locations within reasonable driving distance of the extended family I took the extended weekend to visit.

The bad news: I didn't find Arcana for the SNES.

The good news: I did get Mega Man Legacy Collection for $12! And also a cool Fire Emblem art book (appears to feature characters from Genealogy of the Holy War) and Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia for $10 each.

/home now
    //trade me Arcana
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here are my purchases for May:

Playstation Vita 2001 Bundle (Used) - $130 CDN

Code: Realize - Guardian of Rebirth (Used) - $10.00 CDN

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Asia English Release (New) - $49.99 US

Sayonara Umihara Kawase Chirari (New) - 1,556 Yen

Airship Q (New) - 1,582 Yen

I went back to the pawn shop where I found the cheap Vita games last month, and traded a cheap 3DS game for Code Realize.

While I was there, I noticed they had reduced the price on a Vita 2001 bundle I had passed on the last time I was there. The bundle included the system, a generic USB cable for charging, and 8 GB memory card, and a cart only copy of Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified.

The system has a few cosmetic scratches on the back touch pad, but it’s been working perfectly fine so far. I particularly like that you can charge the system with just a USB phone charger.

Since Vita games are region free, I decided to buy a few imports as well. Digimon was ordered from Play-Asia, and the other two were from Amazon Japan.

Unfortunately, I found out later that due to new security measures, mail coming from Asia into Canada takes longer getting through customs. Plus, there’s the possibility that Canada Post workers will go on strike later this week. So, I suspect I won’t be getting Digimon for quite a while.

On the plus side, courier services don’t seem to be affected by the custom delays. So my Amazon JPN order should be here in a couple of days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

well recently I haven't found jack shit the usual way so I went another route...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	May16 finds.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	9380

a lot of this stuff was free in fact everything that I am not going to put a price on listing it off was free.

TRS-80 Cassette drive $4
    TG-16 looking controller thing 50¢
    The Gilded Age by Mark Twain $1
    Disney stamp thing book $1
    Hang On / Astro warrior $4
    APF Orange Neon display adding machine $5

Bag o Random old PC games
    Smith Corona Typing Course
    Smith Corona 250 Office Electric Typewriter
    Olderish pc hardware
    Old School file box
    USS Raw Materials bag

-Not Pictured-
    Pioneer Entertainment Cabinet w/ glass door
    2x Large new electric oil heaters
    Boxed Complete Panasonic cassette shoe box recorder from the early 80's
    bunch o other stuff

so since I couldn't find much of any thing in thrifts I wanted to hit up garage sales but since it work noon to 9 and my sleep schedule is all wacky from crappy life happenings and super stress I haven't been able to get up early enough, plus even if we left at 9am and I work at noon 3 hours goes way to quick and you wouldn't be able to make it to many garage / yard sales.

so instead we have been hitting up the free left overs after I got off of work and found a lot of good stuff, not all of it was listed because I cant remember what we all got.
    one place was an estate sale from some one who had passed it seemed, one night it was all heaped up, that's where I got the typewriter, Pioneer cabinet, all the tin stuff and more. was kinda sad but this stuff was going to the dump the next morning

the only real thing of note out of the stuff in the picture is that the Adding machine was made by the same company that made one of my Pong clones. APF TV Fun, I think they should have named the adding machine APF Math Boring but that's just me.
    the other note worth thing is the Gilded Age, its a Mark Twain book. This particular copy was only available by subscription....in 1874. so 142 year old book, lots of illustrations which would have been super hard and really expensive back then. Its pretty rare, even in this condition its worth way more than the $1 I paid for it. Its more or less a first edition.
    was kinda nutty to find something like that at the as-is store

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I’m happy to report that my trio of import Vita games showed sooner than I expected.

I am quite impressed by Amazon Japan’s global shipping program. Amazon charges your import taxes in advance, which means you don’t have to pay an extra fee to the courier company to process your custom duties/taxes.

As for the copy of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth that I ordered from Play-Asia, it showed up this past Wednesday. But since I wasn’t home to sign for the delivery, I had to pick it up the next day.

I’m only in the first chapter of Digimon, but I can already tell it’s going to be an addicting game.

As for more recent purchases, I picked up the following:

16 GB Vita Memory Card (Loose, Used) - $40.00 Credit

Tales of Hearts R (Complete, Used) - $23.00 (US Dollars)

Sonic The Hedgehog Comic Issue 22 (VF+) and 278 (NM) - $10.79 (US Dollars)

I got the Vita memory card at my local game shop. Yes it was expensive, but it beats paying $40.00 in actual money.

ToHR was ordered from a third party seller on Amazon US. Even with the poor CDN to US dollar exchange rate, this is still a way better price than what Canadian sellers are charging.

Regarding the Sonic comics, my local comic never received my copy of issue 278, and I couldn't find any copies at any other local shops either. I believe it has something to do with a printing delays Archie was having a few months ago.

Anyway, I ordered them from MyComicShop online store instead. While I was browsing their site, I also found a copy of issue 22 which I also needed for my collection.
    Last edited by SEGA_Queen; 06-10-2016 at 01:40 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Animerforever05's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow i haven't posted in 2 years my stuff i got from last 2 months

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That book on the bottom is a real treat, it is but isn't the story of SNES Zelda as it's a unique take. I've had it all these years since it was a buy item when it showed up in Nintendo Power and read it every so often when I forget enough of it. Those Sonic books look interesting, if anything they're probably far more entertaining than the post-sega hardware games. The other day I found the Sonic / Megaman total book covering some entire comic saga and I can't wait to crack into it.

I realized I've talked in here but haven't really posted much of anything aside from when I track down a Game Gear.

About nearly 2 months ago now (early May) my easily by a wide margin find of the year, one of mine ever really given, was that I paid $500 + Dragon WarriorIV w/guide($75) value for a SNK Neo-Geo 2 Slot arcade cabinet with very low coin hours on it, 9/10 overall condition. Everything on it is stock, nothing missing, even has its company placard on the front with the serial # and other data, plus it's a model that takes a memory card to save progress/scores. It came with 10 game carts, 9 legit and the 10th is a wicked 161-in-1 multicart with around 100 of them in there being unique, the rest being total conversion/hacks or tweaks. The 9 games being Aerofighters 2 and 2 (as Sonic Wings), Baseball Stars, Bust-A-Move (with full art/marquee kit), King of the FIghters 98, King of the Monsters, Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, and Samurai Shodown II (most of a kit in SPN.) The 161 came with a bezel sticker for the game listings as did SS2, and the cab still had its original SNK Neo-Geo mini marquee as well. 2 sets of keys for the coin mech/box area another for the marquee up top.

I've since snapped up a few more games at their fair or under a little value, not the usual over paying rate numbnuts do on ebay thankfully -- Ninja Combat, Mutation Nation, Spin Master, World Heroes, League Bowling, and I have a full kit for Neo Turf Masters inbound from Italy.

Attachment 9570Attachment 9571

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Not gaming but Lego and a crap load of it.

$15 Mega Lego haul from Goodwill of all things, never got so many at one time ever, let alone a steal this amazing. Probably 15-20% of it was chinese knockoff crap and a few kinex bits thrown in which went to the trash.

I got 4 smaller sized tubs of Lego. Took me around 2 hours to sort the non-Lego into the trash and another 3+ to get them down by all the general primary colors into bags. Lots of really cool minifigs in there like Vader, Yoda, Chewy, A-Wing pilot and assitant, other star wars, Spongebob and some Fish dude, some Kingdom of the Crystal Skull commies, and various others. Heaps of specialized parts too. Quite a few manuals, I can say with fair confidence half those sets or more are in there and anywhere from 90-100% complete. There are a couple in one tub which has this 2 part truck and repair trailer and some orange sub thing for Spongebob that don't have manuals sadly. The red tub in there is an original catch all parts set around 670~ pieces, almost positive it's complete too.

Just need to sort the mess out further, trying to tie pieces to manuals and if one is lacking or has no parts guide on it I can use brickset.com for it. I've got the teeny Ninjago set mostly together and the big blue one was 2 of 5 bags done, the last 3 are still sealed with another dude in there as well so it's probably all there as I think knowing the odd parts the A-Wing set is complete too.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps1stmoomj.jpg
    http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...psfwupul99.jpg
    http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...pswinakdzv.jpg

There's 3 more pics of it sorted which took way too long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

movie from walmarts. games from gamestop buy 2 get one free used deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Not bad.

Kind of an update on this pile of Lego. Turning out fairly well better than I thought. I've got a completed Ninjago mini set, a fairly large star wars attack ship with chewbacca in it that's complete(it was the partly bagged one), a 100% complete a-wing too, and a at-st scout walker that's 100% -1 piece I ordered along with that tub missing 14 I picked up with it. To my surprise I have like 99% of wolverines chopper showdown -5 pieces and manual I ordered 4 and it's like an $80 set. And then the Exoforce mech is missing 4 pieces and they're ordered too.

2/3 with no manuals are 99% complete, so I ordered around 4-5 pieces + manuals on both of those too (the driller and truck+bikes) and #3 spongebob is a lost cause price vs buying missing Patrick+parts.

The Saturn 5 depressingly isn't all there, need to figure it out if it's salvageable, same with the Indiana Jones cutter set as the tank tread (which sell for like 2cents a piece and I need around 90) is gone but so is some of the rest so 50/50 on that. The little green lizard is a lost cause as it's worthless to replace parts on, and the small star wars circular one is a bust too. I have just a few pieces from a Lord of the Rings set with 1 death rider but 2 horses and merry so it's parts. The big star wars force unleashed ship I know is missing 2/3 minifigs but sw stuff is cheap/common so it'll come down to the ship.

Once I get this all sorted and I have no idea why I have like a ship pilot, yoda, and some others (maybe another set I'm just not seeing yet) I've got 100s in lego here for $15 plus spare parts. As the parts come in and I figure more of this out I'll pop up updates or make a thread about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yesterday:

Two N64 Controllers - Grey and transparent purple with worn center sticks - 50 cents each

A few days prior:

GBA Games: Mario Kart Super Circuit and Scooby Doo Unmasked + case for three GBA games - 50 cents

I haven't tested any of it since I have no systems to test with. Also unrelated to games, someone was throwing a cheap acoustic guitar with a broken headstock away so I got that. I've fixed one in worse shape before, though not professionally it was functional. This one still had all of the strings on it and the bridge.

- Austin
    Last edited by Slate; 07-05-2016 at 08:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

over the last few weeks i have re aquired my vita collection that i traded in a year ago to get an xbox one...not gonna lie...it was expensive as most of the games i re bought were brand new and sealed from amazon....

i got the originl vita it self for 100 which i think was a decent deal. also includes an 8 gig mem card..just ordered the 64 gig chip for 88.00....i have 17 games so far ....ill post pics in the morning to show them...way too tired right now to list all of them.

i am definitly happy i got this great hand held again....

also picked uo the ps4 edition of minecraft for my sons for 20.00
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-07-08-150819.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	9580  
    Last edited by ncman071; 07-08-2016 at 02:14 PM. Reason: grammar and added pics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I didn't buy anything at the flea market by Pittsburgh this last Sunday but I saw a Neo Geo AES (Gold X) in its box for $160. I asked if the lady's son would take anything less, she said $140 is the lowest.

- Austin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Took the N64 controllers and GBA games + GBA Game case and sold them to Half Price Books for $5. Surprisingly they had a (supposedly) broken Intellivision III with Pac-Man (loose) priced at $19.99; I had a half-off coupon so I got it. The system would have been priced higher if it came with a working RFU; the system itself (as far as I tested it with one-player) works perfectly well.

Yep, I'm back into collecting but only to a degree; there's a lot of stuff I won't touch because I just plain don't want it.

- Austin
    Last edited by Slate; 07-17-2016 at 07:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't think I ever pointed it out, no picture this time either, but I had a 2nd LEGO lot score a week ago last Saturday. Cost me $40 this time, but I came away with another 15~ sets in there as of so far (I've taken a few days break from sorting/building so I don't burn out) but it came with quite a few late 80s early 90s sets. The key one being the Imperial Flagship pirate set that values at $100 (was missing annoyingly a $20 sail but the rest is there.) It has a few small pirate (with islander) and imperial small forts too. There's a couple very small box/bag space blacktron sets too. And in that size all the way up to the Motor Speedway the Town racing series too. Very happy with all that.

I had a garage sale this saturday didn't find anything obviously but some sales. Today I hit a flea market for an hour and the half price books due to the 50% off coupon sale today. I ended up finding a brand new $1 Cube World big box global get away LCD desktoy, a still sealed SNARF pencil grabber (or stand?) toy from the 80s for a quarter too. Found for $15 between the 2 Namco Museum Ds and Legend of Kage 2 Ds. And at HPB for 1/2 off ($20) a new copy of Alien Anthology on blu ray with all the movies at one, and another I got a badass Osamu Tezuka (known for Astroboy) 900 page omnibus of Dodoro for $6.25 in excellent shape (and the day before a very rare DOMINION (tank police) omnibus manga too by Masamune Shirow for $4 in very nice shape as well too.

I'm glad finding smalls as much as big, easier to handle and more relaxing to enjoy. I'm seriously running out of my huge bookshelf space in my back room closet for manga, look at my sig, I have a shit load of it. Sometimes I sell a few off, but usually not as it's easy and fun to enjoy and the art work to me is far more impressive than the US comic crap especially the shitty computer generated CG garbage Marvel, DC and friends put out for too much cash with lots of ads and totally convoluted sadly at times political plots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

No pic from me. Haven't been posting much, life has been pretty shitty lately.

As far as finds a few weeks ago i got top gun 2 and roller ball on nes and a game cube and ps2 memory card for $10 from a local book store.

Yesterday i bought a sanyo 32" 1080p TV for $50. Was an old display from work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Less classic games available everyday on my hometown, fortunately I have been able to discover a few new spots with good games at good prices:

Castle of Illusion. Boxed. 5usd
    Mischief Makers. Cart only. 7 usd.
    Thunderforce 2. Cart only. 7 usd.
    Phantasy Star III. Cart Only. 10 usd.
    Lightening Force. Cart Only x 2. 7 usd each.
    D2. Boxed, no manual. 25 usd.
    Shenmue. Boxed, no manual. 25 usd.
    Evolution 2. CIB. 15 usd.

I have been browsing through Yamatoku store on eBay and Amazon, nice prices and have spent a couple of hundred usd on those sites; not bad for the last month.
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

pokemon and category 7 blu ray and Godzilla from fye

yoshi and sega collection with Hotel Transylvanian- Walmart, rest from gamestop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

FYE is an excellent Godzilla source. I've picked up most of my blu-ray toho collection 2 packs there along with some blu ray one offs like Biolante and the Criteron Collection of the original. I'm one short of the toho collection line up, need the one with space godzilla on it.