Thread: indieGO! All-in-One Retro Game Console (Raspberry Pi 2) -with DVD drive

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Default indieGO! All-in-One Retro Game Console (Raspberry Pi 2) -with DVD drive

From the Kickstarter-

"A true console with access to thousands of games from past, present and future, powered by a spiritual successor to Commodore Amiga OS. "
    What is it?

"The ultimate all-in-one-Retro console with a built-in DVD-RW drive to run games for Amiga CD32, Sony PlayStation, Sega Saturn*, Sega CD*, TurboGrafx* and more .

The (*)-marked Systems will require additional ROM files in order to work. Easy-to-follow installation-instructions are provided in our included user manual.

Of course it can also play ROMS for other consoles such as SNES/Super Famicom, Genesis/MegaDrive and more.

The indieGO! is silent, power efficient and very unique, when compared with other ARM-based consoles, because of the integrated DVD-Drive."

"Compatible to tons of consoles - a App Store with optional downloads makes it future proof

The Hardware consists of:

Raspberry Pi2 or Odroid C1 or Odroid XU4
    DVD-RW drive allows to execute CD-Based AmigaCD32, Playstation and PC games
    front SD-Card reader
    attractive mini-itx case
    3D-Printed I/O-shield and ARM-Cpu board holder
    USB-Joypad
    2x Front- USB

The OS:

compatible to Linux (ARM and i386 binaries side by side)
    compatible to ARM AROS binaries
    Wine is included and allows the execution of Windows ARM And i386 Software
    boots fast.
    KODI (former known as XBMC) is included
    Moonlight included to stream games from from your personal computer
    AmiCloud (cloud without a traffic limit)
    EmuLA (emulatorlauncher)
    indieGO!-Appstore
    EmulationStation a front-end for several emulations
    it is Open! You can modify it and run games from all available sources. The main idea is to run original CD32 and Playstation games but you can run everything! Get games from USB-stick, DVD/CD, Internet, Pi-store, indieGO!-Marketplace and so on

Pre-installed games include Doom (sharware), Quake (Shareware), Duke Nukem (Shareware) and Whacky Wheels (shareware) and Jim Power Full-Version - more are accessible from our appstore.

For games you add by yourself and which are normally played via Keyboard and mouse we will offer a joypad-mapping tool. (a Default mapping will cover a lot of games) - Of course you can also connect a USB-Keyboard and Mouse if you like to

Games downloaded from the indieGO!-store are ready2play (mapped to be played with a pad)"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e-raspberry-pi
    Last edited by buzz_n64; 01-07-2016 at 01:35 PM.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Azathoth1488
    PSN
    Azathoth_IKA
    3DS Friend
    4313-0753-9074

Pointless, underpowered, overpriced off-the-shelf parts doing nothing you can't do right now anyway. I buy some really weird stuff and even I can't justify this. Throwing parts into a case doesn't constitute a "retro" console.

It's too underpowered for Saturn emulation and probably smooth PS1 emulation as well. Being that I can't use original carts or controllers (without adapters) and have to steal/pirate my own BIOS files I don't see anything I can't do on this with a modded original Xbox.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So this will play legit discs as well as burnt discs? I'm not seeing the point of a disc drive? I can run turbocd, segacd, and ps1 games just fine on a droid tablet/phone without the need for all that. It's called an emulator with the correct BIOS files. It would be nice to have a Saturn emu that runs over 10fps with sound but is this thing capable? Better off trying to make a straight Sega Saturn clone that is highly compatible and high speed. Amiga CD32? Nobody gives a fuck.

Hell, Sega is licensing off the Genny stuff to garbage cloners(atgames), why not the Saturn? Would be great to stick a stake in the hearts of braggadocio Panzer Saga and Radiant Silvergun collectors...
    Last edited by FieryReign; 01-08-2016 at 02:59 AM.