Quote Originally Posted by Gentlegamer View Post
Allow me to share the anecdote that shows the most angry I've ever been with modern gaming.

I played Mass Effect, found it fun despite its flaws, so when Dragon Age Origins came out, I picked up on sale about a month after it came out, hoping for something similar. It wasn't, but that's not what got me.

Fairly early in the game, an NPC approached me and asked me to do some quest to get ghosts out of his family tower. I was like, sure, I'll do your quest, chose accept. An XBL Marketplace purchase content window popped up asking for $9.99 to buy the side quest. The game literally shipped with an on disc NPC DLC Salesman. I was furious. I shut the game off and never played it again, eventually trading it.
Dude, I know of that one, and you're one in a LONG line of complaints I've seen on that one. I think I was on NintendoAge at the time and people bitched. I saw bitching on Facebook which I rarely use, and also I think someone here and on Racketboy complained too. Bitchin' everywhere. Every one of them said nearly the same line -- shipped with a DLC salesman, didn't include all the game on the disc, fark EA, etc. The sheep who were fine being their wallet microspanked either shut up or defended it as 'options' but really, nagging someone to buy and acting innocent like it's part of the game is sleazy beyond all shitty forms of DLC, including capcom shipping SF4 with on disc DLC. I never bought Dragon Age ANYTHING because of that crap I saw. I didn't trust EA but wanted to see, then I didn't even bother once the damn games went GOTY with all the nags out since it was included. I see no reason to ever reward a company pulling that crap even after the fact.