Just wanted to introduce myself. I've created a new series of events called the Retro World Series. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

01/21/2016

Today, Hal Hawkins announced the first inaugural season of the Retro World Series. There will tournaments held across the country at various events as Satellite Tournament with the season finishing off at the Main Event on August 11-14 in Houston, TX.

"I hope to create an opportunity for recreational and serious retro gamers alike to be able to take part in an event that's both fun and competitive," said Tournament Director Hawkins. "The retro gaming community has grown by leaps and bounds over the past few years, and the Retro World Series wants to give this community the ability to enjoy retro games throughout the year with a great, big finale at the end."

The Main Event will feature 12 versus tournaments for Atari, NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis.

The Satellite Events will consist of high score, speed run, and versus tournaments.Players who compete in the events will earn points towards the Player of the Year award with a big cash prize awarded at the end of the Main Event to the winner.

The Satellite Tournaments will be free to enter with prizes awarded to the winner and runner up.

The winner also receives an entry into the Main Event tournament of their choice. Gameplay at the Satellite Tournaments will be recorded and uploaded after each event.

The Main Event will be a $26 tournament entry. Cash prizes will be awarded in the Main Event, including trophies to each tournament winner. The Main Event will also be live streamed.

There will be vendors and free play arcades at the Main Event, so guests and spectators are invited to join as well.

If you're an interested gamer, vendor, sponsor, or just want to come watch, visit www.retroworldseries.com to get more information and sign up.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/retroworldseries
Twitter: @RetroWrldSeries

Hal Hawkins
Tournament Director
(979) 224-2660
hal@retroworldseries.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12622256_1059562974096022_1014692849048189697_o.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	8429
Click image for larger version.