Thread: New Club Nintendo "My Nintendo" plus Miitomo Pre-Registration App/Points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default New Club Nintendo "My Nintendo" plus Miitomo Pre-Registration App/Points

Pre-register for the new Miitomo app to receive notification when it launches and get signed up early for the new Club Nintendo program and receive My Nintendo Platinum Points.

Figured a few here would be interested in getting in on this ahead of the curb and possibly not get the news.

https://miitomo.com/en/

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I signed up, but I probably won't use it unless I can get free stuff like Club Nintendo(which I never used as didn't own a Wii U until later.) Basically lost all of those Club Nintendo points I acquired.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I signed up, but I probably won't use it unless I can get free stuff like Club Nintendo.
    Well supposedly that is what it's supposed to be and yeah free stuff ftw, I know I cashed in quite a bit on the old site at the end there, though gotta admit I like the Mii stuff as well, really like using my Mii in the Wii U version of World of Keflings and what not and enjoy them in general.

Btw, how have you been Kupo, good to see you, haven't talked to you I think since Demon's Souls on PS3.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd View Post
    Well supposedly that is what it's supposed to be and yeah free stuff ftw, I know I cashed in quite a bit on the old site at the end there, though gotta admit I like the Mii stuff as well, really like using my Mii in the Wii U version of World of Keflings and what not and enjoy them in general.

Btw, how have you been Kupo, good to see you, haven't talked to you I think since Demon's Souls on PS3.
    I'm good and yeah we haven't talked any since. Honestly, don't think we've talked much since we played Sacred 2 on the PS3(I'll PM you.)
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I hope you're right about the free stuff thing as I see no use for the chat tool. I don't have anyone I'd want to suffer chatting with enough to make it useful. But hey if it eventually gets me a nice sound track, some Nintendo manga like the LInk to the Past book I've kept over 25 years, or something else actually useful other than digital lease coins, then cool I'm in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is going to be really confusing for anyone who was a My Nintendo member before they changed the name to Club Nintendo. Anyone remember that back in the GC / GBA days?

Come join us on Micro-64

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I remember but i always forgot to redeem any points until i got to the Wii

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They owe me as far as I'm concerned. Had a ton of those points go down the shitter because they couldn't keep one of their "clubs"/membership/whatever things going. And nothing worthwhile to redeem them on but a select few DDs. Then they turn around and start up another one? Only fucking Nintendo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't know about that, but I think they should have converted the value of the coin to something in the new setup as a choice if you didn't want their junk or their rental coins on digital leases.

I know I don't buy their games as much as I used to because as it pains to say it, they don't have the same quality as they used to as they are getting somewhat stale on their longer lived in the states stuff. I doubt I could rack up the coinage to get anything interesting if it kept to mostly 1st party goods.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guntz View Post
    This is going to be really confusing for anyone who was a My Nintendo member before they changed the name to Club Nintendo. Anyone remember that back in the GC / GBA days?
    I sure do. I still have my 'Club Nintendo' membership card from 1990. You got it automatically subscribing to Nintendo Power if I remember corectly, and you got a free Nintendo strategy guide every year.

Correction: The "Club Nintendo" membership card is undated. I have "Super Power Club" membership cards from 1993 to 1997, I can't remember these name changes and when they took place. But I think the Club Nintendo Card is from 1989 when I subscribed the first time to Nintendo Power.
    Last edited by lendelin; 02-21-2016 at 01:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I may still have that lying around still somewhere. I know I saw it before my last move along with some other stuff like the old 1990~ era flip book Nintendo gave out where you could write your 'power codes' into it or something of the sort. I know I have a mix of NES, GB, and SNES passwords in it going into the mid 90s.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I forget where I read this and I could be wrong, but I've heard that they're moving away from physical rewards and are tying points to a new "achievement" system or something.