Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wii Have Some Solid Info about the NX (Nintendo NX "Legit Rumor" from Geno)

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Cool Wii Have Some Solid Info about the NX (Nintendo NX "Legit Rumor" from Geno)

From Dual Pixels about the Nintendo NX:

The source, Geno, that told you Nintendo would release a Pokémon game that utilized a full 3D engine (turned out to be Pokémon X and Y), told you there would be a new type of Pokémon in new said Pokémon game (Fairy), older Pokémon would get new abilities and forms (Mewtwo), told you the PS4 would be capable of producing modern day graphics on a DX11 level “like Unreal Engine 4 and Frostbite 2 (Unreal 4 demoed during PS4 release), told you Microsoft would introduce an omni projection unit that would let game environments to be projected in a near 360-degree fashion around the user (Ilumiroom), and many more way before there were announced is back to tell the Dual Pixels readership information you crave before it’s announced.

Below you will find our source, Geno, disclosing a large sum of information pertaining to the new Nintendo console, dubbed Project NX, and whats to come after this information dump. All the information below is directly quoted from Geno.

Enjoy.

Details about Nintendo Project NX

I don’t have many details on the device itself but I do have some background for it and some PR techniques they will use for it. A thing to note about this device is that much of it’s production was started in 2014 and many of the stuff I list here was outlined by the late Satoru Iwata before his passing. Hence in the company, the NX is considered the last project of their late president. Employees since his passing utter a phrase at the end of meetings and during idea brainstorms which is “岩田のために!” which roughly translates “For Iwata!”

The importance of this is that this “new” Nintendo is highly motivated in delivering a fantastic system and games, something that I quote from an employee “have not seen this much forward momentum on a project since they launched the original Famicom”.

Some of the only few hardware info I know is that allegedly:

It has a wireless HDMI dongle that attaches flush to the back of the device. A user can pull it out and insert it into any display with a normal sized HDMI output and the devices uses an evolved version of the Wii U’s streaming tech to display in HD to the TV screen.

Allegedly the analog controls for movement has small motors in them for full haptic feedback. Meaning if you control a character and hit a wall, the sticks move away from the direction of that wall to simulate running head first into it. This can also be used for jerking when firing a gun, taking damage, moving over rough terrain, ect.

It can literally Bluetooth synch with everything, especially smart phone and tablets to the point where one feature is that it can answer phone calls and display text messages from your phone onto the screens itself so you don’t have to stop and answer your smart device.

The closest in terms of “power” it gets to is the Xbox One, but an app idea is Wii U x50 and Playstation Vita x100. The key is that all the tech is exactly the same hardware layout as the PS4 and Xbox One which then combine it with the OS’s strong emulation functions and compiler means that any game that can run of a Playstation 4 or Xbox One can easily run on the NX with near-zero modification to the original source code, especially if it runs in Android OS or Unreal Engine 4. This is allegedly why Nintendo has given out the dev kits so late, as one 3rd Party dev put it “It’s the easiest device we’ve ever developed for. You just take your code, compile it and it works.”

Look to Pokemon GO to get the idea of the type of social features that will be in NX that will take multiplayer, AR and the StreetPass concept to a whole new level.

The real strengths of the device is its usability and ease of use. Developers have described to me more than once that it visually and functionally looks as if “Samsung and the Nintendo 2DS” had a baby, in that it looks friendly but unlike what most people visualize a Nintendo device to typically look. The operating system, named NintendOS alone is very powerful and has so many modern features of mobile operating systems today that Nintendo is trying to be very careful in showing it off for fear that it would be mistaken as running Android. It also has a very strong networking functions as it ties into multiple devices and services allowing a very competent and pervasive eco-system designed to constantly involve the consumer’s lives.
    Source: http://dualpixels.com/2016/02/27/rum...do-nx-console/

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

hmm sounds like the NX handheld more like... curious to see info about the NX console next

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Given that guys track record for leaking out information and being more or less on the nose I can honestly say I now have a genuine interest in the system to where I won't dismiss it at launch. I need to know more yet, especially how third parties will take to it because I can no longer rely on Nintendo alone to carry a console (or handheld) at all, I like a nice 50/50 spread at best (for Nintendo) or even better a 2:1 ratio of third party to first.

Given this is on par with the current generation which is only now entering year 3 and even yet about a year into not being hobbled by PS3/360 back-development, the fact that the OS is so stupidly easy to code for and PORT games to, and that any tool with a genuine concept of how to develop for Android can carry over stuff in an almost drag n drop/plug n play type of ease it very encouraging. If Nintendo doesn't find some personality quirk to throw in there to piss off the lot again, it would be more of just anti-fanboy butthurt type developer crybaby shenanigans of the past that would road block games from it. Given the economy, expensive hardware the other 2 fish make, and the fact it seems acceptable to have a system last 5+ years now before replacement Nintendo could have a strong run of it because even as PS4/One are replaced those systems still will get a couple years of solid support which would see Nintendo getting copies of the games since it'll be stupid easy to drop a game onto it. Couple the features of bluetooth openness(when is Nintendo ever open?!), their download network good behavior track record to those developers, and the Android fear(why they don't show off the OS probably because it is a reskinned/tweaked Android) makes you wonder how much they could shovel out on their download stuff as 'apps' like on a android based device/micro console.

Maybe they finally after 10 years now finally learned their lesson and decided to do something right not just for themselves but also the consumers and their game developer partners. I guess I'll have to pay more attention to NX and see how things go.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Geno? They got good cheesesteaks. Nintendo still don't have a clue. Don't know how people think this thing is somehow going to resurrect them, put them on top, and magically make everyone forget about their constant fumbles over the years? Wake up from FantasyLand. Don't care how impressive the tech is, how many devices it can connect to, or any of that social streetpass bullshit. Especially don't care for Pokemon, they need to give that a rest.

Just put a console out that's not broken like the other 2. That can compete with the other 2. Very simple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

No they do not need to give Pokemon a rest. The sad truth of it, Wii boom for about 3 years aside, that shit has kept them out of the grave consistently. It saved them when the N64 was stumbling for a couple years in the middle and brought the Gameboy back from the brink. And then when the GC was trucking along it helped drive even more cash through the GBA too and GBC period as well, and then into later years when they suffered again they've scraped up serious cash from not so much the games but all the tv, movie, and other merchandise. Just ignore it if you hate it, but it's well beyond a fad, it's a culture thing people going into a next generation as far as age goes now enjoy. It's like Nintendo's own mickey mouse or something of the sorts as it's all over everything and now parents who started on it with GB/GBC are now having kids get into it on 3DS or tablets even with that puzzle title.

I think other than the deluded, you're wrong, people haven't forgiven nor forgotten, but it's not a harmful thing to be curious and see what they can wrangle together. If this guy is right on the power of the system, the stupid easy and painless fast way code and be dragged and dropped on it from the other boxes and Android, it will be a developers dream for easy cheap jobs and even easier cheaper ports for an extra revenue stream. Other than a few infantile dicks like those at Epic who have shat on Nintendo since the 90s, most just don't want to deal with them because of systems that are gimped, systems that are hard to code or worst to port to, or stuff that's just grossly under powered so they can't convert the games affordably to the boxes they make. If what has been said by Geno is true, they finally DID learn a few lessons, and it will come down to their personal treatment of game makers, and of course their licensing fees and profit cuts if they get a lot of support or none (like WiiU) again. I think they got burned HARD this go around and it forced them to adjust which their consolidation of handheld/console divisions, the DENA deal, and the others have leaned towards.

Let's just wait until June to see if they need to just be taken out back Old Yeller style or not before being all childish, blind and nasty about it.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Just remember, according to patents, the NX is going to use downloads only. There will be no physical game discs for sale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

even with those patents it still feels handheld to me so far with the console side of things more and more just rumor mill.

plus patents be what they are, companies just take them out for ideas they have some times or to lock out competition.
    just because a patent is filed does not mean the idea or the complete idea will be in the final product the same exact way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think the downloads thing is a patent angle myth. I've gotten info before that they're going to do both since the infrastructure outside of Japan just isn't there for reasonable (gigabit) download speeds to allow for that. Also there was even the rumor of an optional add-on drive that could read WiiU discs which doesn't seem very Nintendo to me, but they did do the SGB and GBP(GC.)

In sake of the argument, if you're right, and the patent is reality -- those games best be around FREE to $10~ range like mobile titles are or I'm not even interested even if they gave it away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So let me get this right.... Supposedly it can play PS4 and Xbox One level graphics, and it's portable ?

Really hard for me to believe. How big is the thing going to be ? The size of a tablet ? How is it going to have that much power and be portable ? If it's all true, then it sounds super sweet, but it's really hard to believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Let's just wait until June to see if they need to just be taken out back Old Yeller style or not before being all childish, blind and nasty about it.
    Just put him on ignore.

It's quite clear at this point that he's trolling. If he doesn't get a rise out of anyone, he'll quickly tire and move on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Leo no doubt. He's anti-Nintendo drunk. You made the point I've given up giving them much allowance or mercy anymore and even I can see they're cooking up something at least worth not ignoring as of yet or dismissing either.

WCP -- It's rumor, but if you collect all the information supposedly when they merged their hardware console/handheld lines and also consolidated all their divisions into smaller more interesting ones, then did the deal with DENA and so on something is up. The stories out there with them running off at the mouth at Japanese board meetings for stock holders would make one believe they perhaps are working on scalable technology...much like how a PC is. Imagine a system that's 100% (like a balls to the wall computer modern to today) the max potential and runs a new HD Super Mario Bros title. But they also want a handheld device for those on the go (since most Japanese give few fucks about consoles and just handhelds now) so they want to save money on costs. You make a handheld, say VITA/PS3 level in output, but it can scale down that console code and interpret it on the handheld, just say with 25% loss or something in graphics capability while still running smoothly. Basically think of a PC game from now running on a recommended system for full effect, and then a 3 year old PC running smoothly on medium settings.

I think that's maybe what they're up to. Make a device, but divide it into 2 options, buy one, buy the other, matters not, you bought ONE. And that one will run the same media on both devices, hence saving them a lot of cash having to have more factories, more dyes, more tech into nursing along competing software amongst themselves. Imagine not having to piss an entire times worth of efforts making Super Mario 3D Land(3DS) AND Super Mario 3D World(WiiU) and have just one of them run on both systems, just with some graphical effects and maybe audio quality dumbed down a bit to fit the specs. That's my feel, maybe I'm totally wrong, but it would make sense since they're in a bind. If these Geno rumors are right about stupid easy to code for new, even more stupid easy to drag and drop code from ANDROID and other sources with near minimal effort to get it working right, that plays a hand in it too. NintendOS is starting to sound more like FIREOS for Amazon tablets, which is just tweaked Android window dressing. What if this NX does run gussied up and tweaked Android, imagine how much crap could be dropped at any point in time on their eShop you could just poke away at and buy for free/freemium, 99 cents here, 5 dollars there. It fits, but it could also not, but it is fun to speculate.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    Just put him on ignore.

It's quite clear at this point that he's trolling. If he doesn't get a rise out of anyone, he'll quickly tire and move on.
    So you're one of those troll-accusers? Come up with something better. I make posts about my opinions. Sorry I don't slobber on Nintendo's corporate dick and praise them to high heaven for halfassedness and stupid decisions. Sony is no different. Microsoft are scam artists to me. I'm not some faithful fanboy holding on to the past.

I don't agree for the sake of agreeing and piling on people just because everybody does. That's corny social media shit and alot of it is going on here. I'll voice my words and not give a fuck what you or any of the other "me-tooers" think. Not gonna let you stop me from how I feel. "Lets all agree on a topic, then hate and pile on whoever disagrees!" Pussy stuff. Form your own thoughts and opinions.

A fuckin troll... you've got some nerve, you "me-too" motherfucker...
    Last edited by FieryReign; 03-02-2016 at 10:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From what I read. I think there will be a handheld and console. Use Vita like cartridges..be as powerful as PS4 or more. Easy to develop for 3rd parties. Well thats what Im hoping....and a great launch in November with many games. If so I'll get it at launch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't see it using flash memory. Much too expensive on a per gigabyte basis compared to optical media. You're looking at 25 gigs as a bare minimum requirement for console storage and even that would be more constrictive for some of these 3rd parties than the GameCube's mini-DVD was while costing far more to produce than a dual layered 50 GB Blu-Ray disc does. Could be suicide, just like sticking to cartridges with the N64 was.

I predict similar hardware guts with settings that are toned down when the code is played on the handheld version, allowing for a more economical and efficient handheld while allowing developers/publishers to make their work available to all next-gen Nintendo owners. All with a minimum of fuss and extra effort.

So I'm betting on Blu-Ray derived optical discs being available for the console at retail while the handheld version of the system will enter the world of exclusive digital distribution, a concept that has been widely accepted now in the mobile realm thanks to devices like smartphones. Retailers would only sell digital codes on cards for the NX handheld under my scenario.

If the handheld does support physical media, I suspect it will be limited to DS/3DS backwards compatibility and likely will be eliminated 2-3 years after launch. And I'm not at all willing to bet that they'll be utilizing ARM architecture for the NX that would make BC a simple task or if a NX handheld will have the horsepower to successfully emulate the 3DS.

I could see the NX not offering backwards compatibility of any sort beyond perhaps allowing one to pay an upgrade fee for 3DS/Wii U Virtual Console titles tied to their Nintendo account.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 03-15-2016 at 05:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    I don't see it using flash memory. Much too expensive on a per gigabyte basis compared to optical media. You're looking at 25 gigs as a bare minimum requirement for console storage and even that would be more constrictive for some of these 3rd parties than the GameCube's mini-DVD was while costing far more to produce than a dual layered 50 GB Blu-Ray disc does. Could be suicide, just like sticking to cartridges with the N64 was.
    ehhhh....
    I wouldn't say that
    SanDisk Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Refurb

that's pretty cheap, and yes its a refurb but I posted that for a reason and that is....

If a company can still make a profit off of this (which they are otherwise they wouldn't be selling them) after producing it, shipping it out to stores, selling it, customer using support to get RMA, shipping it back (if cust. doesn't have to pay shipping), shipping it internally, diagnosis, repair, ship it out a second time to store to be sold....

then they must be HELLA cheap to make. if a big company put in huge quantities and signed a contract for a minimum per year then the cost would go down even lower.

I totally could see them doing carts again, with memory standard like an SD card or SSD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

They'll continue to do cards if they want to have a profitable business model. Until the US is on the level of Japan and same with the more profitable areas of UK/EU too with them having gigabit service as the norm throwing away physical releases is begging to be ignored by a lot of people. People may have accepted digital lease/rental stuff on their mobile devices, but how many of those games we download are even 1/2GB to 1GB in size? Extremely few and far between and those that are aren't exactly huge movers, it's the stupid stuff the fremiums or the paid stuff -- stupid crap like Angry Birds and so on that are like closer to 100MB in size than 1000MB(1GB.) People will put up with a 5min download, not a 5 hour or 1 day download depending on their device/service speeds.

If they did go full retard, and you should never go full retard, and made the handheld version of the NX a download only device I wouldn't buy it at all. I'd fall back on the console and onto my apprehension of one waiting to see if it was properly backed first. I'd be more all in with a handheld as the GB/DS/3DS line has never disappointed me or made me feel ripped off as there's plenty of things to play and variety to go around on a physical item I can purchase.

...and yes if someone can sell a refurb 64GB mini-SD card at $15 and pull a profit, there's no reason you couldn't do a full blown modern video game and fit it in a dedicated mostly locked game card branded with the Nintendo logo on it within those limits. They'd be making the stuff or farming it out in bulk which means bulk pricing on the contract which would be notably under that $15 retail level. If they were to sell games at the 3DS level of $40 or annoyingly even $50 and they only had like $5 or so into the media itself, there's a lot of room in there for the marketing, packaging, shipping, development, all assets, licensing (3rd party) fees, and the rest to pull a tidy sum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Even if it only cost $1 to make, a pressed 50 GB Blu-Ray disc is pennies by comparison and is only about 10% higher these days than DVD prices. And I bet that SD card is in the neighborhood of several dollars. Optical media is still unrivaled for cost per gigabyte.

Perhaps it's an exaggeration that it would be as bad as 1996 again and I'd personally love to be proven wrong and for some modern idea of a game cartridge to be their universal NX medium for both handhelds and consoles, but I doubt it. And I really hope if it does somehow occur, that it's reliable.

Flash memory hasn't exactly proven to durable...
    Last edited by Leo_A; 03-15-2016 at 10:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah sure optical is, but not for portability sake, even Sony figured that mess out with the UMD on PSP which they ditched in the Go entirely and saw that as an error too and went to copying the card style of Nintendo with Vita. Very cheap relatively speaking media (especially compared to cart ROM chips) but obviously not as cheap as a laser read piece of thin plastic. Nintendo seems to have a good thing going with their 3DS games and DS before hand as they teaming with MX tech have figured out how to work a lot of space into a very cheap chip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm guessing this is fake, but you never know... Supposedly the NX controller ?

Looks to lack any ergonomics...... Definitely weird, and definitely strange. Wouldn't put it past Nintendo I guess..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

kind of a waste of display space around the thumb sticks (?), i couldn't see them doing that, they'd cut it off just before in a cost cutting measure.
    hands would be in the way, above the sticks would be fine but think about how you'd hold that thing and go from there.

my guess is fake, a Japanese company with a note in the top left corner in English developing a handheld with a crazy screen....