Thread: There's a waft of dodgy about the Coleco Chameleon console [Eurogamer.net]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Arrow There's a waft of dodgy about the Coleco Chameleon console [Eurogamer.net]

A brand new retro console that uses plastic cartridges - tempting, right? That's what this whole Coleco Chameleon issue is about. A company called Retro Video Game Systems has a machine called the Coleco Chameleon and it was inches away from Kickstarter - until some strange and worrying things started to happen.
    Retro VGS showed the Coleco Chameleon at the Toy Fair event in New York a few weeks ago. This was to be the prototype's big unveiling, Retro VGS' chance to answer a mountain of questions piling up on Facebook - a chance to create a wave of hype and surf it onto Kickstarter. But it backfired.
    The Coleco Chameleon was at the Toy Fair, and Retro VGS hosted demonstrations, but it wasn't long before people started pointing out oddities. Why was the Coleco Chameleon using apparently hardwired SNES controllers and not its own controllers seen in pictures? Why was it only playing SNES games? And why was there a load of ugly gaffer tape around the back of the unit? Theories emerged.
    Read more…
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

I see the bot is on top of things.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.