Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Default Lego Dimensions...online only?

Just wanted to know if Lego Dimensions for the PS3 is online only. I ask because the box says "REQUIRES INTERNET CONNECTION".

If it is online only, that would suck hard.

I tried searching online, but reviews don't state this fact, which is odd and makes me believe it can be played offline/solo.

Thanks in advance.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Just wanted to know if Lego Dimensions for the PS3 is online only. I ask because the box says "REQUIRES INTERNET CONNECTION".

If it is online only, that would suck hard.

I tried searching online, but reviews don't state this fact, which is odd and makes me believe it can be played offline/solo.

Thanks in advance.
    The Internet connection is used solely to update the game when new level, fun or character packs come out. You can play without an Internet connection, but if you want any of the newer levels, characters, etc...you would be out of luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Since it doesn't warrant a new thread but may be of interest to you guys, I thought I'd hijack this to briefly mention that Lego Dimensions has received a Midway arcade pack with 23 classics. I believe the figurine pack that unlocks it all, which includes a Defender arcade machine and the Spy Hunter vehicle, is already available.

22 of these were available off the Midway Arcade Treasures trilogy during the PS2 years, but several of these were notable omissions from Midway Arcade Origins on the 360/PS3 back 2-3 years ago. And Blasteroids is receiving its first emulated home release ever via this.

Tempting so hopefully the starter package goes on sale one of these days. $100 is too much just for classic arcade games. But $50 and I'd bite.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 03-17-2016 at 02:20 PM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    Since it doesn't warrant a new thread but may be of interest to you guys, I thought I'd hijack this to briefly mention that Lego Dimensions has received a Midway arcade pack with 23 classics. I believe the figurine pack that unlocks it all, which includes a Defender arcade machine and the Spy Hunter vehicle, is already available.

22 of these were available off the Midway Arcade Treasures trilogy during the PS2 years, but several of these were notable omissions from Midway Arcade Origins on the 360/PS3 back 2-3 years ago. And Blasteroids is receiving its first emulated home release ever via this.

Tempting so hopefully the starter package goes on sale one of these days. $100 is too much just for classic arcade games. But $50 and I'd bite.
    I noticed this recently at cheapassgamer. I'm not into those portal like games that every company is doing so this is one I'm not going to get. I would like for a disc with all the games to be released and I'd be interested. Anyways it's going for $18 at Amazon if anyone is interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Midway-Retro-G...ego+dimensions
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Most Lego Dimensions stuff is on sale right now from $15 to $7.50 at Best Buy. GCU takes an additional 20% off all game purchases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sadly, it's the game package itself with the portal that is cost prohibitive for those interested solely in the classic arcade games.

Also, three games are locked behind other different level packs rather than the Midway Arcade one itself. The Simpsons, Portal 2, and the Back to the Future packs each are needed for a single game each.

Peculiar all the way around. The target market for Lego Dimensions won't care about these and the barriers to entry are too high for those that do while Lego Dimensions itself is unlikely to interest them.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 03-26-2016 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

At Amazon, the Lego Dimensions Starter Pack is $40 - $45 for all consoles. Half the cost for next gen consoles, nearly half the cost for the rest. The best buy deal might still be going on as well.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...eapassgam08-20