Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: &#$% Square Enix

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default &#$% Square Enix

Now I have no interest in the Final Fantasy 15 Super Ultra Limited Edition because the game, based on the Duscae demo is going to be a pos, however, you don't make a statement of a limited edition, put a number on it, and the item sells out within an hour, and then you fucking announce you're going to print more. You don't do that. You misjudged the demand the game had because the people running your company are fucking idiots who on top of not knowing your fanbase, are too afraid to take chances, that's why we don't see jack shit coming from your company to the west in over a decade without the name Final Fantasy attached to it. How much further is Square Enix going to fall because they went from one of the best publishers of all time to one of the worst.

Also, how stupid is Square Enix for thinking 30,000 is enough for one of the biggest RPG franchises ever made? Literally ran by a bunch of morons. I've said it before and I'll say it again, they really need to fire the idiots in charge.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 04-07-2016 at 05:43 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I thought I read somewhere that a bunch of the first round of pre-orders were going to be cancelled as they are from shills.

Personally, I don't know if I'm that interested based on how clunky Duscae is and the fact that the Platinum Demo shows the game has suddenly changed into Kingdom Hearts 3.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

this was the first final fantasy that I had interest in playing.

was

not any more, too much pushing back windows and poor decisions all around
    guess it'll just be another on the list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I was in the list of Fuck Square Enix since FFXIII
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Now I have no interest in the Final Fantasy 15 Super Ultra Limited Edition because the game, based on the Duscae demo is going to be a pos, however, you don't make a statement of a limited edition, put a number on it, and the item sells out within an hour, and then you fucking announce you're going to print more. You don't do that. You misjudged the demand the game had because the people running your company are fucking idiots who on top of not knowing your fanbase, are too afraid to take chances, that's why we don't see jack shit coming from your company to the west in over a decade without the name Final Fantasy attached to it. How much further is Square Enix going to fall because they went from one of the best publishers of all time to one of the worst.

Also, how stupid is Square Enix for thinking 30,000 is enough for one of the biggest RPG franchises ever made? Literally ran by a bunch of morons. I've said it before and I'll say it again, they really need to fire the idiots in charge.
    I disagree with you 100%. This is good fan service and good business. Nobody has been charged for their preorder yet and it's six months away. Printing more copies and eliminating duplicate orders is the appropriate way to handle this. People who are upset that it's now less limited can just cancel their preorders and will have lost nothing. As such, they have no room to complain. Should they have printed more initially? Maybe, but it's a $300+ collector's edition with shipping and tax in many areas. I am frankly shocked that even with the huge fan base that it sold so quickly. I'm sure Square was as well.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Don't see how anyone but ebay scalpers can get angry at more copies being printed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    Don't see how anyone but ebay scalpers can get angry at more copies being printed.
    It's double edged. One point of view I have is for scalpers that immediately throw this stuff on Ebay, so yes, fuck them as I've stated in another thread. As a collector, when you announce a specific number for something and it happens to sell out, you don't just announce more because you misjudged. What if vehicle manufacturers made an announcement that they were only going to produce 100 of one specific type of car, then it immediately sold out, only for the manufacturer to announce they're going to make 100 more.

Square Enix is just as much in the wrong as these scalpers. If Square Enix wanted to make sure they didn't over print but get as many people who were interested in purchasing the item, they should have left it up for a week to allow for unlimited copies to be printed and then took it down. Not giving anyone a specific number. It wouldn't have mattered if they made a million of these, it's the fact that they gave a number and then they're reprinting because they didn't realize how much demand there was, which leads me back to Square Enix not knowing their fanbase.

Remember how much flak Limited Run Games received for people thinking they reprinted games when they were just reselling the cancellations? This is the same thing except we have some people jumping to the defense of Square Enix's bullshit it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I am frankly shocked that even with the huge fan base that it sold so quickly. I'm sure Square was as well.
    I'm not. Not only are is the RPG fanbase more inclined to purchased limited editions. I mean how often do you see RPGs release alongside limited editions? It's one genre that you see the majority of releases with some sort of limited edition. Did Nintendo release a limited edition of Splatoon? Super Mario 3D World? Super Mario Maker? Captain Toad? No, but they did/are releasing limited editions of Xenoblade Chronicles X, Fire Emblem Fates, and Bravely Second. It's a niche genre and most publishers know that there are a lot of RPG fans that also collect these games.

Final Fantasy is the most popular RPG franchise in the world. For how many people who hated Final Fantasy 13, Square Enix has a fanbase who will clearly buy game after game regardless of quality what with Final Fantasy 13-2 and Lightning Returns being million sellers. Between the nature of RPG fans and how die hard of a fanbase Final Fantasy fans are, it's completely obvious 30,000 was going to sell out in less than 30 minutes. We had PS4 and Vita versions of Saturday Morning RPG, 1980 and 2500 that literally no one wants other than collector's purposes that sold out within a couple of hours(PS4 version in less than 10 minutes) you're crazy to think such a well known and loved franchise wouldn't have more pull, even with the $280 price tag.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    While I have to agree that it was pretty stupid/poorly handled on Square's part to just print a low 30,000 copies, and then announce more, I cant see the downside to printing more other than pissing off eBay dbags. The anger that there are more copies out there doesn't make sense to me if it's something you are looking forward to actually owning. It kinda reminds me of people who go ballistic when a publisher announces that an exclusive game is no longer exclusive and will be coming to another console or PC. So you're pissed because more people can play and enjoy it now? WTF???

As far as FFXV goes gamewise, I will reserve judgment until I actually play it. After seeing the last demo it does look a little Kingdom Heartish., which does not scream FF to me at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tangaroa View Post
    So you're pissed because more people can play and enjoy it now? WTF???
    People can purchase it regardless. They just couldn't purchase the limited edition.

Again, I would have no qualms about it if they never announced a number or if they stopped the sale because of the number that they haven't officially announced, then started selling them again. If they left an open option for people to buy them for a few days, a week, whatever, and then start printing them based on how many people were interested and only print that amount, then it would have been fine, but Square Enix announced that there would only be 30,000. The scalpers who toss the game up on Ebay are douchebags, but Square Enix is no different than them with a dick move like this. I can't see why people are so blind to this sort of bullshit and go out of their way to defend what Square Enix did, especially collectors.

Limited Run Games announced that there would only be such and such amount of each game and people made comments when they thought they were reprinting, but it's okay for Square Enix because Final Fantasy is more popular? What a bunch of hypocrites. This is the first time I've ever seen a company say they're going to print a specific amount of some sort of limited edition and then state they're going to print more because they've already sold out. I'd expect scumbag moves like this from a publisher like Nintendo before Square Enix, but in the past decade Square Enix has went from one of the best publishers this gen to one of the worst.

How about I point more about what Square Enix has announced recently that shows how much of a piece of shit company they are. In a press release after the Final Fantasy 15 announcement, they've announced Final Fantasy 7's remake is going to be a multi game remake costing the price of a full game for each part. Assuming there's going to be a minimum of three parts, we're paying $180 to play a single game. Just watch when Square Enix releases limited editions for each of these parts as well. It's like Square Enix is learning all their bullshit tactics from Nintendo(like Fire Emblem Fates being $100 for the complete game, not counting the vast amount of DLC that includes characters, skills, and classes that you can't acquire from any of the three versions.)
    Last edited by kupomogli; 04-07-2016 at 01:09 PM.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Remember how much flak Limited Run Games received for people thinking they reprinted games when they were just reselling the cancellations? This is the same thing except we have some people jumping to the defense of Square Enix's bullshit it seems.
    Not remotely the same thing. That was AFTER people bought their copies. Like Bojay said, FFXV is months away from coming out, and these are just preorders that haven't been charged yet. I assume they haven't even been manufactured yet, so it's not even an additional print run, just an increase to the same print run. If somebody's order was hinged on there being 30,000 copies (which isn't even that rare, btw), then cancel your preorder. Simple as that. If you want an APT comparison to LRG, then consider how they initially announced that they were going to sell something like 100 copies of the Saturday Morning RPG OST, which later they changed to 375 copies because demand seemed higher than expected. This change was made before the game and OST were available for sale, and basically no one complained. Quite the opposite, people were happy that they'd have a better shot at getting it.

Seems to me that Square Enix's only mistake was being so transparent about it. What they did is not an uncommon practice with LE games. If you're gonna get mad at them, then you may as well get mad at, say, NIS America for how they handle a lot of their LEs. Ever notice how sometimes the stock bar drops down near to 0% and then suddenly the next day it's back at 50%? Yeah, those aren't canceled orders. If they see that the amount they were planning to manufacturer is selling out too quickly, they revise the size of the print run. Only difference is that Square Enix made public a concrete figure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I thought this was going to be about bitching at Squeenix over the online DRM practices and the episodic nature of the new Hitman game.
    The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "save us!"......and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RARusk View Post
    I thought this was going to be about bitching at Squeenix over the online DRM practices and the episodic nature of the new Hitman game.
    Add it to the list. The company is getting worse with every new announcement.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Good. Fuck limited editions.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

I like that they printed more, even though I'm incredibly disinterested in Final Fantasy now that the rest of the gaming world has evolved and Square is still releasing movies-on-rails with just enough character-level statistics to qualify as belonging to the "RPG" genre. It is a good thing that there is still such interest in hard-copy games.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Lots of hate here. Limited Editions and such have been ruined by the reseller market for a looooooong time. You used to buy the LE because you loved the game or franchise (or to collect ) but now it's all about flipping for resale.

Shills/scalpers buying out a presale is increasingly common, if they're restarting the pre-order process to make sure to actually meet demand how is that anything but a good thing?
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Insert Coin (Level 0) LimitedRunGames's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    If you want an APT comparison to LRG, then consider how they initially announced that they were going to sell something like 100 copies of the Saturday Morning RPG OST, which later they changed to 375 copies because demand seemed higher than expected. This change was made before the game and OST were available for sale, and basically no one complained. Quite the opposite, people were happy that they'd have a better shot at getting it.
    To be fair, when we increased the OST run size, orders had not opened for the item and no customers had been charged. Square is increasing the production run of the UCE after customers have been charged and placed orders. Many customers may have bought and paid for it on the basis that it was limited to 30,000. If they're not actively monitoring the store page to see a production increase, they'll end up paying for the thing without knowing the size was increased. We would never pull that - that would be dishonest to our customers, even if they still had the option to cancel their order for a refund.

That said, I'm all for people having a fair shot at this thing. Square just needs to do a really good job of telegraphing a print run increase to their customers. If they're relatively silent about it, that's pretty messed up.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedRunGames View Post
    To be fair, when we increased the OST run size, orders had not opened for the item and no customers had been charged. Square is increasing the production run of the UCE after customers have been charged and placed orders. Many customers may have bought and paid for it on the basis that it was limited to 30,000. If they're not actively monitoring the store page to see a production increase, they'll end up paying for the thing without knowing the size was increased. We would never pull that - that would be dishonest to our customers, even if they still had the option to cancel their order for a refund.

That said, I'm all for people having a fair shot at this thing. Square just needs to do a really good job of telegraphing a print run increase to their customers. If they're relatively silent about it, that's pretty messed up.
    Actually, unless you used Paypal or a debit card, you were only charged a 50 cent authorization which has now dropped off. I agree with you about the communication aspect, but that's easy to do by just sending a follow up e-mail to everyone that preordered.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I'm ABSOLUTELY not understanding what the problem here is. People are mad because they're producing MORE Limited Editions so that MORE people can purchase and enjoy them?

Isn't that a GOOD thing? What's the downside exactly? I don't see how this could bother anyone who aren't scalpers/resellers.
    Last edited by Emperor Megas; 04-11-2016 at 08:24 AM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Just buy it digitally. Embrace the non-physical future. All glory to the cloud!

Insert Coin (Level 0) JamesGoblin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This reminds me of couple (frankly, series) of love letters I'd like to write to my beloved Electronic Arts, after all the good they brought us <3